• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

i thought the hunchback sounded american to be honest rugby_cymru, but then again i also think the welsh accent sounds similar to the american

So, anyway, I've finally got around to watching this movie this evening.

Ahem. SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A!

You sure it was 300 you saw Mite? Not that Sasol ad featuring Sir Os running through brick walls? :blink:

Thank you!

Honestly, there's got to be something seriously wrong wtih you if you're male and you don't like this film.

Honestly, there's got to be something seriously wrong wtih you if you're male and you don't like this film.
[/b]
I dunno, it would have been better if they based it on the truth and not the shitty graphic novel, I mean, Spartans didn't have time to have feelings for thier women, they were but a medium to extract the future Spartan warriors....plus they kept slaves, freedom my ass...imagine 300 without all the shitty freedom talks and Leonidas's deal with his wife, woulda been much more badass + realistic...

300 is just about setting the story in a Unrealistic world! That's the all point of the movie - turn a graphic novel into a good looking 3hours epic massacre! I agree "history" isn't respected, and if it would have, I tell you no one would have gone to see the movie - cause Spartans were really f*cked up for their time, as said before - they had a fair amount of Slaves, were treating women as reproduction mean and were clearly hating anyone not Spartan...

I think that movie is great - for what it is - a graphic display!

I reckon they could have done 300 fairly good, the battle scenes wouldn't be as spectacular, (the phalanx was essentially a solid block of men they are weakened in individual battle) but this could have been helped by focusing on the vast superiority of Persian troops, 300 the graphic novel based movie didn't emphasize the immensity of the force they were facing as great as I would have liked.....

Also the social issues of the Spartans could have simply be left out with the focus on the group of men, as the original theme of the movie still remains, being a small group against a huge warhost and the courage to do so....also the Thesbians (I think that was the main group) and a few other city states were with the 300 until the very end and it is pretty inappropriate not to recognise thier contribution even though the romantic version of history tends to ignore the extra help....

To pad out the movie when removing all the made up stuff include the battle of Plateau, while Thermopylae would be focused on the few versus the many Plateau would be like a traditional battle, two huge armies facing each other, which movies tend to neglect in movies, focusing on the individual smaller focused battles instead of the huge epic battles which are written up in history...the movie would end with the final victory of the Greeks and a small summary of how the victory of the campaign fits into the modern world.

Although the above idea branches out from Thermopylae itself the extra battle to culminate the movie in the most dramatic fashion would be perfect to show exactly the opportunity the 300 gave to Greece.

Very unrealistic but good to watch. Wished they hadn't ended it like they did it should of kept going.

1.jpg

This is Sparta!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcAq9mOUx8s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcAq9mOUx8s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is Sparta!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcAq9mOUx8s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcAq9mOUx8s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
[/b]
One Man Stands in Midwestern America giving a Standing Ovation.

Latest posts