• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5th and final Ashes Test

Originally posted by aussie1st@Sep 7 2005, 04:51 AM
The weather better not kill of any hope of a comeback by the Aussies.
No doubt if it does rain, every Aussie on the planet will blame that for losing the ashes, rather than the fact that England have outplayed them.

Hopefully the match will end in some result, and then no one will be able to complain that they only lost due to outside influences.

It would make me laugh if it rained for 5 days actually - the whinging in Australia would be audible all the way up here.

A tad hypocritial imo - only the weather saved you from a thumping loss in the third test.

An Englishman just said whinging and Australia in the same sentence. Is your middle name ironic?

No, it's John. And I'm merely stating that the Aussies make more of a whining noise than the English Rugby Union lot.

All these anti-aussie posts
<

ah well - success stems jealousy
<

it is the end of our era - yet hopefully not for another week

good luck fellas, in what is to be the most important cricket match for decades
<

no matter whom wins this next test or the series

CRICKET IS THE REAL WINNER
<

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 8 2005, 09:53 AM
All these anti-aussie posts
<

ah well - success stems jealousy
<

it is the end of our era - yet hopefully not for another week

good luck fellas, in what is to be the most important cricket match for decades
<

no matter whom wins this next test or the series

CRICKET IS THE REAL WINNER
<
The best post I've seen all day.

Collingwood has been named as the replacement for Simon Jones. England win the toss and have decided to bat. Big call.

England 104-2, Vaughan has lost the plot yet again, and now the Aussies can smell blood.

England 164-4, and England are up to their necks in trouble. We need a big hundred from one, if not both of these batsmen, to stand a chance of getting anywhere near not losing the game.

not a bad score at the end of the day strass and flitoff played well

319 in a day with 7 wickets, most enjoyable.

warne bagging another fiver as well

Originally posted by M-Time@Sep 9 2005, 01:10 PM
Hopefully we'll bowl them out for less then 350. Here's hoping anyway.
aussies need the last 3 wickets before the 1st break - otherwise it will begin to slip away

problem is we have no pace attack - they all suck all of a sudden

where's macgill - FFS the poms have been troubled with spin (Warne)...we cant reverse swing.........wheres macgill?

Anyway based on that display, u cant deny warnie from SMS'ing anybody....he can do what he wants IMO.....he'll can spin it on ice!!!

Australia vs. Essex

Bowler O M R W
S C G MacGill 24.0 0 128 0

There he is.

I only got to see an hour of it, but when I did, Brett Lee was causing Flintoff and Strauss all sorts of problems. If England win the Ashes, Flintoff will be man of the series, if Australia do it will be Warne.

I just want to say though that Brett Lee is a remarkable cricketer who has really earnt my respect this summer. Fantastic player.

Because he sticks in there, he fights, he doesn't give up. Not too unlike Gillespie. With the bat at any rate.

England 373 all out. Amusing last wicket stand. Advantage Australia, imo. Where's my tomahawks, it's rain dance time!

How Australia must regret taking the bad light when it was offered...
<

Latest posts