• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Since we're turning this into a Leinster thread, I'll answer that! If Ross stays and Hines, Berne and Wright leave, my wishlist would be a backup 10 (would have loved to get Keatley back), a ******* of a second row and maybe a creative 12.

Where do you think Munster need to recruit? In my opinion and in order of need, a tighthead prop, inside centre, backrower in any position and perhaps a fullback are required. A new coaching team backing up Tony McGahan would be nice too.

Munster need.
Tighhead prop.
2 Backrow players.
A creative 12 and 13. Either or I suppose.
And maybe a 15.

Also a new scrum coach who knows what is happening, a forwards coach to be appointed and I think we need a specialized backs coach as our backs are predictable and lack direction at times

Munster have taken big strides to make sure this won't happen in future but it'll be 3/4 years before 1st wave come through

Like? Its good to know some things are being done.

I agree about the backs coach. Munster look clueless when they get the ball and the scrum has been a disaster all season so McCarthy hasn't improved things.

Can't kick though. Deasy strikes me as Paddy Wallace mk. 2 with a bit more pace and not as accurate kicking yet.

Either way, needs a bigger role next season imo.

Deasy is a nice guy but if Tom Gleeson and Deasy weren't from Cork they wouldn't be on contract. I'm afraid they just won't be up to it.
But profitius it is on when McGahan came in we really got a decent academy set up and it took a year to get those plans up and running so we still in process of getting the conveyor belt to standards required.
As for McCarthy, I not a forward or don't know much but I watch them train and see them in matches and come to this conclusion -
Not entirely McCarthys fault but our scrum has been worst it's ever been since he came in,
Du Preez and Borlaise were both known to be good scrummagers and both look to have got worst under his eye,
But finally despite it been obvious there a problem he doesn't seem interesting in fixing it.

Before anything else, the scrum has to be fixed. If Munster ignore it, they can sign Richie McCaw and Dan Carter and it still won't make a difference to the team.

Somebody on the uafc website is saying BJ Botha is moving south- to Leinster, Munster or SA is unclear. Hugh Farrelly says Munster are in the market for BJ Botha. 2+2=5. Have you heard anything munstermuffin? Botha and a proven scrum coach would go a long way towards solving Munster's ills.

Botha is a proven scrum coach, just look at Ulster's!

I have heard Botha's name mentioned but tomorrow the meeting with Ross is where thing are decided. Ross is top of list but as I say that could change tomorrow. But agree 100% snoop our scrum has to be fixed before anything else

Maybe bit of interesting news but contact has been made regarding Hayman, Adam Jones and a Russian prop. Looks like we want a TH sooner rather than later.
Mike Ross has offically been offered a contract for Leinster and expected to sign in next few days

Last edited:
Well can say we've been allowed spend a big salary on a TH prop so money don't seem to be object. Also John Hayes might be offerred another year but that won't be decided until summer.

Well can say we've been allowed spend a big salary on a TH prop so money don't seem to be object. Also John Hayes might be offerred another year but that won't be decided until summer.

medium_simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

That would be an awful decision. He should have retired after the last Lions tour. Then agin he's probably made an extra â'¬500,000 due to sticking around so you can't blame him for taking an offer if one is on the table.

I agree with you Snoop and it's sad to see him go out like this as he shouldve went out as a man remembered for good times but I excited if we can get Hayman or Jones.

I'd prefer Jones. He's younger and I don't think Hayman is first choice at Toulon correct me if I'm wrong..

Yes we've been given cash and info is:
Adam Jones is considering his ospreys tenure and Haymans is unhappy at been left out of European squads in Toulon

Adam Jones would be stupid to leave Ospreys for Munster ... knowing Cuddy he would match anything that Munster could offer ... oh and I have it on good authority that Jones preferable destination would be for France if he left the Ospreys!

So the rumors are a load of tosh!

Latest posts