• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

So complete waste of time unless it is already damning in which case **** knows how bad the real report is.

So complete waste of time unless it is already damning in which case **** knows how bad the real report is.

So the Met saves Johnson. They better come up with something really good not to be branded completely corrupt.

So the Met saves Johnson. They better come up with something really good not to be branded completely corrupt.
I dunno about 'saves' yet certainly taken the heat off a little it really depends what is in the redacted report. He still has to make a commons statement and 'answer' question on it and they'll be precise questioning. Its really a case of if backbenchers choose this as the time to strike or not, has Johsnons successfully kicked the can down the road?

I dunno about 'saves' yet certainly taken the heat off a little it really depends what is in the redacted report. He still has to make a commons statement and 'answer' question on it and they'll be precise questioning. Its really a case of if backbenchers choose this as the time to strike or not, has Johsnons successfully kicked the can down the road?
I honestly can see this all being brushed under the carpet. The Met will either not find enough evidence to prosecute or it will be the bare minimum and the full report will never see the light of day.

I honestly can see this all being brushed under the carpet. The Met will either not find enough evidence to prosecute or it will be the bare minimum and the full report will never see the light of day.
I think the met will find enough evidence to issue fines it is unlikely they would not. The problem is will any fines be issued to the PM and a smoking gun to his awareness of parties.

None of this matters though the question is will any of it be enough to send MP's over the ledge to start a leadership contest. It also doesn't matter in view of the public they've seen enough evidence to know Johnson was taking the ****.

We don't need a report to know that Bojo is a liar.
True we don't although I think he has even surprised the most anti Bojos the last few weeks.

I am massively disappointed with the Met though. I have ex squaddie mates who are serving officers in many forces including the Met and the level of embarrassment they are currently feeling is making a few think of a career change. The thoughts among many of them is that Dicks appointment was a political tick box exercise and she was never fit to lead the Met. As much as I want to disagree with that sentiment, I am really struggling to do so especially given how she seems to have dragged the force into a very damaging political quagmire that has the potential to completely ruin the Mets reputation for many years.

True we don't although I think he has even surprised the most anti Bojos the last few weeks.

I am massively disappointed with the Met though. I have ex squaddie mates who are serving officers in many forces including the Met and the level of embarrassment they are currently feeling is making a few think of a career change. The thoughts among many of them is that Dicks appointment was a political tick box exercise and she was never fit to lead the Met. As much as I want to disagree with that sentiment, I am really struggling to do so especially given how she seems to have dragged the force into a very damaging political quagmire that has the potential to completely ruin the Mets reputation for many years.
Dick is certainly part of the problem and making a complete mess of things from the top. However there is definitely a cultural issue with the Met as well Couzens was one of them and was jokingly nicknames the "The Rapist", there's also the fact Dick probably was not the person in the chain of command who ordered the crackdown on the vigil. Also wasn't a decision maker in the completely tone deaf advice following his guilty plea.

She might of been a tick box appointee but I don't think a man in her place doesn't have the same issues to deal with and doesn't make the same decisions. You need to appoint a person willing to tackle it head on and they are also going to the deeply unpopular with the rank and file.

This isn't a Met only problem but they've made collsassal fuckups from the bottom to the top in the past year. Dick needs to go still she's in charge now matter how culpable some of the actions are on here hands just like Johnson.

Some of the political commentators thinking that the word 'update' has been chosen with care, suggesting that there is more to follow.

It is with deepest regret that Johnson must announce he lost the only copy of the report, which for some reason was hand written, as he tripped and fed the entire document into a shredder. He is happy to announce though that it exonerated him of all wrong doing and said actually Labour were the ones holding parties in No. 10.

So 15:30 for statement to commons then trying to sure up support, chief whip has been called into No. 10. Also not made public...yet....sounding like it might be hugely damaging regardless.

We will bring you all of the analysis as we go through the report, but here is Sue Gray's final conclusion in full:

"The gatherings within the scope of this investigation are spread over a 20-month period - a period that has been unique in recent times in terms of the complexity and breadth of the demands on public servants and indeed the general public.

"The whole of the country rose to the challenge. Ministers, special advisers and the Civil Service, of which I am proud to be a part, were a key and dedicated part of that national effort.

"However, as I have noted, a number of these gatherings should not have been allowed to take place or to develop in the way that they did.

"There is significant learning to be drawn from these events which must be addressed immediately across government.

"This does not need to wait for the police investigations to be concluded."

Report is out no details of [articular interest that we didn't know already other than they definitely weren't work events with the excessive alcohol consumed and definitely shouldn't of happened.

Plenty of room for Johnson to still claim he knew nothing and is shocked and appalled about what was going underneath his own roof.

So were still at no real new knowledge but as I said before the finding of the report are a waste of time question of if others decide to move on him because of it.

Failures of Leadership and Judgment again we already knew this but none of that pins on Johnson unless people want it to (which it should).

'Making Changes, take responsibility' but not resigning, chucking everyone else under the bus.

No surprise...

Bullshit Johnson acting like it's a structural problem, not a cultural one, and that he can be trusted. ******* laughable.

Latest posts