• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Maybe another country he's the head of state for, could re-invite him - Fiji perhaps?

Its yet another thing she didn't need to do that can only cause a backlash.

Almost literally no-one was asking for a cut of the 45p rate, never mind abolishment of it. Yet they went ahead - and caused utter chaos.

Probably the bulk of those that got the tax cuts will lose out through increased interest rates anyway!

[Except of course, crooked Kwarteng's buddies in the city who he foretold of it - they made quite a bit off it]

Sorry, but I'm not sure how much state media coverage of the UK royal family you have to watch to think anything qualifies Charlie SCG to travel to Egypt and pontificate on the environment. He is of course free to enter politics and try to influence domestic or international policy through that avenue. Otherwise there is no requirement him to publicly air an opinion on anything, ever.
Who is she to tell any British person whether or not they can attend cop? He isn't a member of the government so I don't know why he should have to listen to her.

Who is she to tell any British person whether or not they can attend cop? He isn't a member of the government so I don't know why he should have to listen to her.
So a conference about the environment is best served by some non-entity with three middling 'A' levels hopping in a private jet and flying over to speak about matters over which he has neither a knowledge or mandate?

So a conference about the environment is best served by some non-entity with three middling 'A' levels hopping in a private jet and flying over to speak about matters over which he has neither a knowledge or mandate?
That isn't Liz's decision. That's cop's decision. If they to want invite celebrities like Charles and Leonardo DiCaprio that's their prerogative.

Surely as King and head of state he could tell Thick Lizz to go F herself?

If he came out and made it public Truss told him not to go.... could it induce tory MPs into a vote of no confidence already?

If she's not there, she really can't be far away.

None of them will be under any illusions what way the next election will go with Truss in charge.

Well... not sure that's much different from a teenager sailing over on an expensive yacht to speak about matters over which they have neither knowledge or mandate.

Well... not sure that's much different from a teenager sailing over on an expensive yacht to speak about matters over which they have neither knowledge or mandate.
If that's the wee Scandinavian lass, I'd tend to agree. But I think some involvement and pressure from Green activists is merited. Whereas I'm struggling to think of any meaningful contribution that can be made by an adulterous, Covid law-breaking half-wit whose only qualification for anything was being squeezed out by his mother in order to assume a completely a-political role.

That isn't Liz's decision. That's cop's decision. If they to want invite celebrities like Charles and Leonardo DiCaprio that's their prerogative.
I've not seen anything that proves she can bar anyone from flying, neither Charles nor anyone else. The suggestion was he was advised to keep out of it, presumably as he has a long history of itching to subject the world to politicised verbal diahorrea. If he wants to attend so much he can abdicate out of his a-political role and fly over. Alas, he will want to have his cake and eat it which is why advice from the government will have been required.

Saw fabricant tried to cause a big scene by walking directly through the crowds to get to the conference instead of around the outside/on the cordoned off path

Some rightwing journo said he saw MF getting assaulted in the crowd and was whipping up a load of outrage on twitter and MF had to come out and say it never happened

Hasn't Charles always been a vocal climate change activist?

I'm no fan of the royals but think you're overreacting to a pretty minor thing, tbh - it's not even the first COP he's spoken at
Yeah Charles has been banging on this drum long before it was cool. Like there's a lot to miffed at him specifically and the royals. But his credentials on the environment are pretty strong he's long been pillored in the press for it. It would like having a go at William for talking about mental health issues.

Soubd like he leaked it to press because he was pretty miffed to be told not to go when he already signalled his intention.

Hasn't Charles always been a vocal climate change activist?

I'm no fan of the royals but think you're overreacting to a pretty minor thing, tbh - it's not even the first COP he's spoken at

Yeah agreed. Like it or not he has a major following and if his presence involves a flight out there then I'm pretty sure the CO2 emissions would be more than offset by the additional exposure his involvement would generate.

Also, I would argue that COP is not a political event but a global event being driven by politicians. Climate change affects everyone whether they are interested in politics or not.

New PM Liz Truss was now as unpopular with voters as Boris Johnson was when he was ousted, said Sir John.

She's that popular? That must be an achievement popularity wise for her.
And this is her so called "honey moon period." 😂

The cat may have been dead for too long - it didn't so much bounce, as splatter

Latest posts