• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

There is always an excuse among the Brexit fanatics though. Take your pick:
  1. Remainers have been working behind the scenes to sabotage is
  2. It's all the EU's fault for being vindictive
  3. Covid / Ukraine
  4. Brexit is still a sound idea but just not being implemented well
  5. Brexit will work but we need to go through short term pain
  6. Brexit was never about economics and all about sovereignty (which is ignored when the sovereignty of Parliament is abused like when Johnson shut it down illegally).
  7. Brexit is working, everyone else is doing even worse
Some people will flat out never bring themselves to just admit it was a stupid idea, it will continue to be a stupid idea and we are all going to be worse off as a result. This is what happens when ignorance mixes with arrogance, bigotry and denial.

animation trump GIF by Steven Lapcevic

B6768152-BDBC-40BD-8FD7-D9684A95B21C.jpeg

Yes, Brexit isn't to blame. 🤔

But don't forget those of us who voted remain were the "Doomsters and the Gloomsters". And as long as the fish are happy and we've taken control of our borders and kept those pesky European foreigners out, who previously did the jobs British workers didn't want to do, we'll have a bright and rosy future because of British exceptionalism.

We've long forgotten the reason why we joined the original EEC was because we were the sick man of Europe, but that's where we want to return to because we'll just replace £20 billion annual trade with the single biggest trading block next to us with magical trade deals with Australia (c£2 billion a year), US trade deal which will take years to negotiate amongst many others lined up.

Can't wait for all this just to all blow over. Oh wait we'll have at least another 2 years of this to look forward to.

Last edited:

No.

If you tried your best and they were genuine mistakes then sure. But you put greed first, you put politics first and you put getting your dick wet first too. You still keep your cushy job and got your severance pay too. You'll stay in cushy jobs too while ordinary people continue to suffer, many without loved ones who died because of your incompetence.

He's there to build a post-political career like Balls or Portillo

The best thing to do is ignore it.

There was talk about this last year but it all went quiet, so I assumed the UK government had seen sense

Non-Irish EU citizens will have to provide biometric data to enter the UK, including Northern Ireland, the UK Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick has confirmed.

The move will be introduced under the controversial Nationality and Borders Act due to be put in place next year.

The biggest question I have about this:

How will the UK ensure that non-Irish or non-British citizens crossing the NI / ROI open border will have completed the relevant ETA process which includes fingerprints and facial biometrics?

Are they going to set up a facility at the entry points to ROI or have officers patrolling the NI / ROI border crossings?

What it also means is that non-Irish citizens in the ROI will need one when crossing the border.

To me if seems like a pointless system and will potentially reduce tourism in Northern Ireland.

But what I think they'll do is move the checks to the Irish Sea border (but do it on the quiet until the Loyalists in NI notice)

There was talk about this last year but it all went quiet, so I assumed the UK government had seen sense

The biggest question I have about this:

How will the UK ensure that non-Irish or non-British citizens crossing the NI / ROI open border will have completed the relevant ETA process which includes fingerprints and facial biometrics?

Are they going to set up a facility at the entry points to ROI or have officers patrolling the NI / ROI border crossings?

What it also means is that non-Irish citizens in the ROI will need one when crossing the border.

To me if seems like a pointless system and will potentially reduce tourism in Northern Ireland.

But what I think they'll do is move the checks to the Irish Sea border (but do it on the quiet until the Loyalists in NI notice)
Isn't it more just in spite as the EU are introducing Biometrics for everyone from outside the E.U.

"We have to clean up the mess left by the last government"

Amazing how the Tories can still essentially make that claim when the last 4 governments have been them. The Tories raise taxes and put more suffering on your average person to "fix" the fuckups of the Tories, who themselves were trying to fix the problem of pathetic growth under the Tories and yet the Tories aren't to blame? Something something Corbyn. I guess the current Tories are part of the "anti-growth" coalition? Or has that pathetic soundbite already died?

It's an impressive amount of damage to do in a few weeks that'll take years to sort out apparently.

Latest posts