• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Starmer doesn't even want to talk about it let alone consider rejoining the EU either. Corbyn was absolutely useless during the Brexit vote campaign and post because he doesn't care for the EU either.
It's toxic for Labour as much as it is Tories, with their loss of vote in the "red wall" seats. I've yet to see or hear what Davy is saying on it and Greens,

That's why I think it'll take another 40 odd years at least until this generation see what an utter disaster Brexit is and any chance of rejoining and even then we'd have to get the back of the queue and rightly so.

But agree on point on border with Scotland.

It's sad that it'll take years of pain before re-joining the EU becomes a conversation again. This is why I have changed my mind on Scottish independence because I believe more in the EU project (freedom of movement, single market etc) than I do in the Brexit con that was sold to the country by lying self serving right wing politicians. The fact that the US (the country with whom we have a so called 'special relationship' with) has told us where to shove a trade deal says it all.

Another reason why I can't see Britain with or without Scotland returning to the EU anytime soon is the whole "told you so" factor. The British Government's pride and Brexiteers - Tory especially just wouldn't allow it to admit that Brexit is a failure.

Also applies Scotland as well if they left the Union and then left in limbo waiting to join EU. There'd be no turning back once they left for a long time.

Both would rather suffer than the ignominy saying they were wrong to leave.

US Midterms today anyone know what legitimately up for grabs if anything? Not heard much on here or even US peeps in general on them.

Just seen the house great its Obama 2011 all over again.

Queue 2-6 years of **** all happening in US politics

Trump rumoured to be announcing that he's running for 2024 next week.

Biden doesn't know he's President most of the time. No way's he's running again, especially if he's a lame duck President for the next two years. He looks like he should be in a care home.

US Midterms today anyone know what legitimately up for grabs if anything? Not heard much on here or even US peeps in general on them.
Dr Oz vs the other guy is the only face off I've seen any traction about on social media,

Oz seems almost like cartoon villain levels of evil but the other guy apparently had a terrible performance in the televised debate and neutral opinion has shifted on him, gonna be a close one

Republicans favourites to take at least the HOR. Including representatives who are election deniers. Trump ready to install them as Governors and election officials in states he lost like Arizona as his insurance policy to overturn a close result which doesn't go his way when he runs. It boggles the mind.

Biden will then become a lame duck POTUS for next two years.

The select committee into Jan 6th will likely be disbanded.

Only hope is it rips the GOP having him run and they elect De Santis. But he's no better.

Westminster ready to break international law with the NI Protocol Bill and no one is happy. You'd almost think that partitioning this country was an unmitigated failure and that EU freedom of movement and free trade papered over cracks for 20 years since the GFA.

It's literally in Britain's best interest to look to integrate loyalists/unionists into Irish communities and prepare for a United Ireland. The union is ******, the UK and Ireland joined the EEC together and the instant Brexit became a reality the possibility of a functioning NI died. Get rid of it and lose one of Brexit's biggest problems and one that your average Brit couldn't care less about, if they're aware of it at all.

Westminster ready to break international law with the NI Protocol Bill and no one is happy. You'd almost think that partitioning this country was an unmitigated failure and that EU freedom of movement and free trade papered over cracks for 20 years since the GFA.

It's literally in Britain's best interest to look to integrate loyalists/unionists into Irish communities and prepare for a United Ireland. The union is ******, the UK and Ireland joined the EEC together and the instant Brexit became a reality the possibility of a functioning NI died. Get rid of it and lose one of Brexit's biggest problems and one that your average Brit couldn't care less about, if they're aware of it at all.
I've a better (IMO) solution
A] Ditch Brexit (I wish it were that easy)
B] Hold a referendum in NI anyway

Hmm not sure about that tbh. If Germany and France are in favour of Scotland joining then I would imagine they would lean on Spain to make it happen - similar to Turkey trying to veto Sweden and Finland applying to join NATO.
Sure the Spanish wouldn't mind access to the Scottish fishing grounds.

Sickening to think that **** Gavin Williamson must be called "sir". Twice sacked, track record of abuse and incompetence and here he is swanning back into government.

Tories are ***** with no morals.

Sickening to think that **** Gavin Williamson must be called "sir". Twice sacked, track record of abuse and incompetence and here he is swanning back into government.

Tories are ***** with no morals.
Well at least he's now resigned.

Breaking what must have been the longest spell without a ministerial resignation this year.

But reflects badly on Sunak.

Latest posts