• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I really don't know if the union paymasters line is going to work this time around especially with current inflation level which everyone feels. Might work if/when inflation goes down and it still occurs.
Especially when you have some sectors striking who either haven't been on strike for a while or it's their first time ever such as nurses.
If it was just a few sectors then sure, but everyone means the common cause is the governing party.

And, as far as I can see, the strikers are still enjoying huge public sympathy/support.
Which you'd expect, for (just about) any striker in an era of food banks and warmth banks.

According to this gap between private and public sector pay is near the record high, and all wages going up below inflation. Government needs to do more than ask people to put up with poor pay.

With apologies for the Mail link, Iran's foreign ministry dragging Prince Harry into the row over the execution of Alireza Akbari. Hope he feels the book sales are worth it.

With apologies for the Mail link, Iran's foreign ministry dragging Prince Harry into the row over the execution of Alireza Akbari. Hope he feels the book sales are worth it.

Honestly with Iran I wouldn't pay much heed into whatever excuse they look into to doing whatever they wanted to do. Plus the Mail are the number one Harry/Meghan axe grinders.

I know, but still.
Yes but have read that what was actually in passage was far more about dealing with PTSD of having known to have killed people rather than bragging about how many people he's killed? I mean I haven't but it certainly what got reported once the book was out and he said in interviews they got wrong. James O'Brien news and clips.

No I've not watched them.....I really am trying my damnest to avoid anything about the bloody children of the King having a spat. My point is merely this is media war and really don't believe anything you read from anyone.

Yes but have read that what was actually in passage was far more about dealing with PTSD of having known to have killed people rather than bragging about how many people he's killed? I mean I haven't but it certainly what got reported once the book was out and he said in interviews they got wrong. James O'Brien news and clips.

No I've not watched them.....I really am trying my damnest to avoid anything about the bloody children of the King having a spat. My point is merely this is media war and really don't believe anything you read from anyone.

Yep. I've not read the book or watched the interviews but the way the world is today media / social media are desperate for content every hour of the day. What he's said may well have been spun but if he hadn't said it no-one would be spinning it and there would be no potential comeback on him / his family or other people.

It's amazing how this country is managing to hold supposedly contradictory economic positions at the same time. We are facing a massive workforce shortage, which should push wages up, yet wages are stagnating. People's buying power is being reduced yet inflation is still rampant.
It's one the bits of madness of Capitalism that's failing quite badly ATM, mix in many companies are making massive profits and the question is where is ******* money going?

It's one the bits of madness of Capitalism that's failing quite badly ATM, mix in many companies are making massive profits and the question is where is ******* money going?
Rip off Britain. We shouldn't keep getting charged more and more and more for less and less and yet we seem to be defying all economic logic by achieving this. Something has to break as it just makes no sense at all.

Shareholders.
It's amazing how this country is managing to hold supposedly contradictory economic positions at the same time. We are facing a massive workforce shortage, which should push wages up, yet wages are stagnating. People's buying power is being reduced yet inflation is still rampant.
Yet it's the shortages in labour which British workers don't want to do like care home work.

I remember before the Brexit debate one elderly gentleman made exactly the point: "who is gonna wipe my arse when I am too old and can no longer do it?"

Shareholders.
It was a rhetorical question ;)

But its a serious issue and these strikes are just really the start if it continues. Its simply not sustainable we are at high inflation now but I'm unsure of once in my entire career I got an above inflation pay rise that wasn't linked to a promotion (when they were it was massively above inflation but I've been a lucky sod). Its not just my sector as well which has high wages. Eventually the inflation will drive more and more jobs below the poverty line and things will break. The short termism of keeping the share price always going way up will lead to workforce that can no longer work.

Shareholders.

Yet it's the shortages in labour which British workers don't want to do like care home work.

I remember before the Brexit debate one elderly gentleman made exactly the point: "who is gonna wipe my arse when I am too old and can no longer do it?"

Yup the FTSE100 is doing well just now. Companies are making more money and finding ways to pay less tax whereas we are paying more tax and getting poorer public services for our money.

There's no question at all that Brexit is making this country worse. We're badly missing EU workers to do the jobs that Brits don't want to do. I'm not aware of any other European country where strikes is a major problem just now. We're even outdoing the French who are partial to a strike or two.

Inflation down 0.2% from last month and the reduction was 0.1% last month. That is piffling decreases and I find it hard to believe that inflation will be cut in half by the end of the year as the Govt suggests. More BoE interest rate increases on the horizon I suspect.

Yet another knee jerk, ill thought out product of Tory Brexit dogma that could cause massive problems for this country that are fully avoidable. When it was asked earlier about why I or others think those who still support Brexit and this government at this stage are genuinely moronic, this crap is why. I don't see how people can be so willing to cause so much damage in the name of a dogmatic belief and still claim to love the country and be the rational ones. If nothing else the fact this legislation was pushed by Mogg should be all you need to know, the man has not pushed any legislation that was good and only supports things he can benefit from personally.

The Tories are driving us towards a cliff and yet there are still people in the car screaming they aren't going fast enough.

Latest posts