• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Rip off Britain continues. It's suffering how these cartels can just fleece us. We already have some of the highest utility bills, tech bills and public transport and all are going above inflation again... Something needs to be done because the "market" is just squeezing us for all it can. People of this country are going to have no disposable income at this rate as it all gets gobbled up by key infrastructure companies making obscene profits.

RPI plus 3.9% is scandalous. I'm with Virgin and O2 and they merged their BB and mobile last year.

Isn't it in economics that low wage, high cost economy is pretty much just a ****** economy.

RPI plus 3.9% is scandalous. I'm with Virgin and O2 and they merged their BB and mobile last year.
It's madness.

I'm with Vodafone but my contract ends on 1st April 2023, so hope I can lock in a deal before that at a good rate

11622903.jpeg

In a statement, the Department of Defense said the "object" was shot down over concerns about its "potential surveillance capabilities". The Pentagon, however, said it has yet to find out where it came from.

The military had downed the "object", shaped like an octagon and flying at an altitude of 20,000ft over Lake Huron in Michigan, on Sunday afternoon by a missile launched from an F-16 fighter jet at the direction of president Joe Biden, based on the military's recommendations.

"We are calling them objects, not balloons, for a reason," US Air Force General Glen VanHerck told reporters.

There has been at least 4 'UFOs' shot down over the past few days....

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Really bizarre situation, seen a couple of theories about it:
  • It's China(/Russia?) testing US radar capabilities, that's why all of the objects are different shapes (been a sphere, a cyllinder and an octagon so far)
  • This has always been happening (Taiwan have said they've had quite a few balloons in their airspace over the past couple years) but they've had to take action as that big one the other week went low enough that the public could see it, so now they're like "in for a penny in for a pound" with shooting them down

People finally beginning to recognise the elephant in the room. For too long politicians have danced around the idea that sacred Brexit could actually have been a monumental fuckup. Even if the concept of Brexit itself was sound (extremely big if), how could anyone say the way it was implemented was anything other than an incompetent mess?

People finally beginning to recognise the elephant in the room. For too long politicians have danced around the idea that sacred Brexit could actually have been a monumental fuckup. Even if the concept of Brexit itself was sound (extremely big if), how could anyone say the way it was implemented was anything other than an incompetent mess?

You'd hope so, but too many people tune in to GB News and read the Daily Mail to have this rubbish dripped into their ears and eyes

'treacherous liberal elites'

'shadowy establishment'

Who tunes into it?
Reality is not people here.

Generally people surround themselves with like minded people or avoid politics unless the person agrees with their views. It's why many people think that the country thinks like them, when actually it's very different.

Generally people surround themselves with like minded people or avoid politics unless the person agrees with their views. It's why many people think that the country thinks like them, when actually it's very different.
Yeah get the whole echo chamber thing but doesn't GB news have terrible ratings?

People maybe not tune into it much, but I would say the interaction with GB News on Twitter is a lot more

Anyone see Putin v West last night?

Very interesting, key points for me were that despite what I thought the Trump administration was very belligerent towards Putin. Supplying Javalins to Ukraine, expelling 60 intelligence agents after Sailsbury and pulling out of treaties when they knew Russia were ignoring them. How weak many European nations were towards Russia particularly Austria and that Boris Johnson didn't mention that after the Sailsbury poisonings he buggered off to spend the weekend with a Russian mate and not attend a NATO conference set up to deal with it, he was foreign secretary at the time.. .

Might binge watch the other episodes tonight.