• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

11694216.jpeg

True, but then his time as mayor only really Londoners and those interested in politics would have truly seen his true colours. I doubt the wider electorate paid much attention other than some publicity stunts. Partygate exposed him to the entire nation and he can't wash it off as easily.
This closer to the truth you have to remember the vast majority of the public do not pay any attention to politics in general. People genuinely didn't know the kind of man he was. One person I know didn't know Carrie was his ex-mistress who he slept with whilst his wife had cancer, so genuinely thought they were a lovely couple with a cute dog. They were shocked when the crap started to come out and couldn't believe they were those kind of people.

Boris was seen as a bit of a laugh few actually knew his real side. Couple that with the stigma of all politicians lie they really didn't see his true self. Of course a vast group of the voting population did but many didn't.

It's ironic how many of the people complaining about the boats and the anti-social laughing gas inhaling yobs (the latest enemy the Tories have created) are happy to tolerate the vile self serving dishonest law breaking Johnson.

It's ironic how many of the people complaining about the boats and the anti-social laughing gas inhaling yobs (the latest enemy the Tories have created) are happy to tolerate the vile self serving dishonest law breaking Johnson.
They're stopping me from using laughing gas? How am I supposed to get through the WC without it? I prefer that medical grade ****. Now I'm going to have to get some dodgy back street ish aren't I.

No different to when Bullingdon club vandalism and assault has been passed off as "high jinks". Anti social behaviour is suddenly acceptable if you are in the right strata of society. After all, there is no way anyone privately educated and going to Oxbridge could be every bit a big an arsehole with no respect for the law as anyone else. Any appearance of such rule breaking must be an error.

didn't they find traces of coke in every toilet at Westminster a few months ago. That guy Kwasi looked like he was on something at the queens funeral. Lol.

Those numbers arse cursed but there must be something about them in regards to binary decisions.

Those numbers are crazy considering what Forbes said about gay marriage

Honestly SNP will keep winning in Scotland but their candidates are generally shocking

Kate Forbes would have been dogged with questions about her religious beliefs which would just have been a distraction and a source of misery for her personally. She's probably had a lucky escape.

Don't think any of the candidates are in the same league as Sturgeon who while not perfect is a formidable politician and leader.

Interesting that we now have a collision course between two the UK's most senior leaders - a Hindu and a Muslim over gender recognition. Who'd have thought.

Those numbers are crazy considering what Forbes said about gay marriage
The problem is as noted in previous discussion people actual awareness of what she said rather than what was said. Within days its was unclear as her supporters kept pointing to she said she wouldn't retracts any gained rights but her detractors pointed out she said she'd have voted against those rights.

Both of which she said but they treated as mutually exclusive things rather than part of the same person and the potential implications of those two statements together.

Few people actually wants to engage in the full complexities of a political vote preferring to side with simplicity of a statement rather than the whole.

This is why we are banning laughing gas.

Republicans in Congress, after attempting to illegal interfere in the Manhatten investigation into Trump, are now saying they will look to draft legislation that would make it impossible for state level law enforcement to prosecute an ex president, making any former presidents immune to state law. This is absolutely ridiculous and shows just how far toward autocracy the far right has swung in the USA and we have to be vigilant it doesn't happen in this country too. the complete disregard for the rule of law, the cult of personality, the complete shamelessness, the lies, the corruption... The far right in the west are a huge threat to the very fabric of our democracies and are showing time and again they seem willing to tear everything down to stay in power.

When Trump was in power they said a sitting president could not be indicted, even though that isn't actually a thing in law anywhere.
When Trump was out of power, they say a former president cannot be indicted.

**** Trump, **** the Republicans and **** the far right. They'd be more at home in Putin's Russia than in the west.

Another mass shooting in USA. This time in Nashville in a primary school. 6 dead including 3 children. This time Shooter was female shot dead by police. Reported she was armed with 2 ARs and a handgun.

Another mass shooting in USA. This time in Nashville in a primary school. 6 dead including 3 children. This time Shooter was female shot dead by police. Reported she was armed with 2 ARs and a handgun.

Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favor of stricter gun laws. But unfortunately, the gun lobbyists/NRA have a lot of politicians (mostly Republicans) in their pocket$. :(

Last edited:

Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favor of stricter gun laws. But unfortunately, the gun lobbyists/NRA have a lot of politicians (mostly Republicans) in their pocket$. :(

I think we are well aware over here of the power of the NRA lobby preventing stricter gun control and the warped use of the second amendment. It must now sadly have become normalised over in the States when you hear yet another mass shooting. No doubt if it turns out to be true the shooter was transgender that is what gun lobbyists and GOP will focus on though In this instance. Yet another form of distracting from the real issue.

Interesting that we now have a collision course between two the UK's most senior leaders - a Hindu and a Muslim over gender recognition. Who'd have thought.
What I find interesting is that SNP voters actually voted for an Asian Muslim, where as given the chance the Tory voters weren't going to vote for the Asian Hindu. I know which country is doing better on racism and representation.

I think we are well aware over here of the power of the NRA lobby preventing stricter gun control and the warped use of the second amendment. It must now sadly have become normalised over in the States when you hear yet another mass shooting. No doubt if it turns out to be true the shooter was transgender that is what gun lobbyists and GOP will focus on though In this instance. Yet another form of distracting from the real issue.
Tbh while it's awful and terrible for those involved, I'm not surprised anymore and tbh even discussing gun reform is a waste of time. America's love of guns and focus on their rights is far more important to them than people's lives. No amount of debating will change their minds if dead children won't.

Latest posts