• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Where does your "from when" begin? 2016?
If he's talking about revolutions and fundamental rebalancing of wealth etc...we haven't got there. We have the beginnings, but I read it as it's still building to the 'big' event, so it would probably be later than 2033 unless a civil war starts this year.

If he's talking about revolutions and fundamental rebalancing of wealth etc...we haven't got there. We have the beginnings, but I read it as it's still building to the 'big' event, so it would probably be later than 2033 unless a civil war starts this year.
Well he did say 10-20 years. Still these time frames are not an exact science. Just thought the article was interesting and trying to explain the social science aspect around how the likes of Trump, Farage and Bojo choose their time to exploit discontent for their own gain and setting it against historical background.

**** me the last thing we need is a bloody civil war. Closet we got in my lifetime was during the miners strike. Things were pretty grim then, never seen the nation so divided.

Copy and paste this for Johnson, Trump, Putin etc etc

The Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

Netanyahu is another one.

From Senior Tory Michael Heseltine who helped bring down Thatcher.
Johnson and Trump are not political figures, they are cult leaders. Johnson and Farage lead the Brexit cult, Trump the Trump cult. Cultists in these are beyond being reasoned with and are a sad indictment of how far western civilization has fallen.

**** me the last thing we need is a bloody civil war. Closet we got in my lifetime was during the miners strike. Things were pretty grim then, never seen the nation so divided.
Not to be a stickler (but definitely to be a stickler), technically there has been a civil war in your lifetime in the UK.

Boris Johnson goes down swinging: 'These people are only in parliament because of me'

Just how did a polite meeting with the PM over honours descend into chaos and lead to Boris Johnson's dramatic resignation?

Dorries, Sharma and Adams were removed by Holac because, under the rules, for them to remain on Johnson's list they would have had to have resigned as MPs within six months. None of them signalled to Holac they would do so. That left them with only one alternative: that Sunak would, at a later date and in his own name, formally nominate them for peerages. He was not prepared to do so.

This technical process appears to have been lost on Johnson and his nominees, who were under the mistaken belief they could be automatically re-vetted every six months without needing to be renominated as long as they announced they were standing down before the election.

Both Dorries and Sharma sought to get clarification from No 10 and Holac. "That information was deliberately withheld," said one of the would-be peers. "If anyone had said to us that we needed to stand down to be on the list, that is what we would have done. They withheld the process to stop by-elections and look what has happened. I think there was something much more devious and sinister about it. They want Boris and his allies out of Westminster."

Johnson's woes were compounded when it was made clear to him in recent days that the government would not whip Tory MPs to vote down the committee's recommended sanctions. Johnson is said to have responded: "I'm f***ed."

Furious at his treatment by the privileges committee and angry about what had happened to Dorries, he decided to quit the Commons, denying MPs the opportunity to kick him out. He privately expressed his anger at the prospect of dozens of Tory MPs voting in favour of the suspension: "Don't these people realise they are only in parliament because of me?"

Last edited: