• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

He created the culture for this to happen under his Government. That will always be the case regardless of Sue Gray's findings and the public enquiry.

For me it's not about chances anymore, Tories and electorate know Bojo is a lying toe rag. It's just in his nature and if he does not go for this it will be for something else. But Can't get bigger than a pandemic that has killed 170,000 plus people.

A big issue for Labour is that Johnson is causing so much damage to his own side that from an election perspective they'd almost rather him stay, but also have to be seen to call for him to go. Call it the Corbyn syndrome.

And in future prime ministerial news…..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-59998941
Yeah it was said the 2017 election was about who the electorate hated least (not that Corbynites admit it). 2019 blew up in their face Johnson was massively popular.

Still even though many people knew him to be what he is and would be a terrible PM I don't think anyone quite suspected he'd blow up quite like this.

Yeah it was said the 2017 election was about who the electorate hated least (not that Corbynites admit it). 2019 blew up in their face Johnson was massively popular.

Still even though many people knew him to be what he is and would be a terrible PM I don't think anyone quite suspected he'd blow up quite like this.
I'm just baffled at how many people expected Johnson to come in and not constantly lie and treat the entire thing like a game... What in all the information out there suggested otherwise?

We elected him because he was a "laugh" and are now surprised that it turns out it's not an act...

Also how many times can the Tories ask for a "reset" over Brexit deals whilst not being held to account for the fact it's their deals that keep needing to apparently be reset?

I think plenty of us did - we just didn't know Covid was coming along to give him the opportunity to embezzle, mislead and lie quite so much.

I'm just baffled at how many people expected Johnson to come in and not constantly lie and treat the entire thing like a game... What in all the information out there suggested otherwise?

We elected him because he was a "laugh" and are now surprised that it turns out it's not an act...

Also how many times can the Tories ask for a "reset" over Brexit deals whilst not being held to account for the fact it's their deals that keep needing to apparently be reset?
The in-laws say it was because he was going to give them Brexit....now they say they'll never vote again because they 'all the same'. Not that maybe this charlatan supporting Brexit might give them an indication of how stupid that was either.

But yeah they thought the jokeyness was mostly harmless and didn't pay attention to how badly he's handled everything he's ever touched.

It goes without saying the vast majority of the populace don't actually pay that much attention to politics or even approach it with a degree of introspection. Its why the most popular way of winning is creating a sense or of is than them. Once you create a 'other' to be against its easier to make people on your side to defeat the 'other' who is making your life miserable. Its why remain was such a hard sell it was a plea to the brain not the heart and its hard to argue for it from the heart.

This isn't to say left wing politics are much better they are constantly creating bogeyman and creating an argument against wealth but not just those at the very top.

I think plenty of us did - we just didn't know Covid was coming along to give him the opportunity to embezzle, mislead and lie quite so much.
Well yeah but it was Brexit and the self denial that it was a bad idea. COVID meant people weren't poltically wedded to the response. If it were Brexit we'd expect what is going on just not people would realise he had no clothes as they have belive he had them to belive it was a good idea.

I am immensely hostile to the concept of a hereditary monarchy in the 21st century, but I'm also pretty hostile to the concept of civil cases in relation to alleged offences that are criminal in nature.

In this instance, if Andrew Windsor has in had sexual relations with someone in a territory where that person was underage, I think it should be investigated as such and dropped if their is insufficient evidence.

In the UK we have bizarre scenarios where you can have a full police investigation and a jury trial, which finds you 'not guilty' of a criminal offence (or 'not proven' in Scotland which I think is way better). Yet, you can then find yourself back in court for the same offence with a less detailed, non-police led investigation and a lower threshold for a guilty verdict (balance of probability versus reasonable doubt for a criminal case). So you can be found not guilty of an offence but then found guilty for the same offence and ordered to pay criminal damages.

Being dispassionate and setting aside the Andy Windsor case, what is the argument for dedicating state resources to civil cases in relation to essentially criminal matters? Does anyone know?

Well yeah but it was Brexit and the self denial that it was a bad idea. COVID meant people weren't poltically wedded to the response. If it were Brexit we'd expect what is going on just not people would realise he had no clothes as they have belive he had them to belive it was a good idea.
Yes the narrative in 2019, IMO, was Labour won't get Brexit done as the Leavers wanted. It'll be a soft Brexit and tie us to the European Union as a vassal state.

The continuing narrative is that we need Boris Johnson to still fight the European Union, even though we left, because of the NI Protocol and the apparent issues from being a third country in terms of EU status.

You can see this is in headlines about fishing, sandwiches being confiscated by EU officials and migrant crossing

It goes without saying the vast majority of the populace don't actually pay that much attention to politics
A simple 5 question quiz on the basic politics of the last 4 years for voters at the polling booth?

For each question you get wrong, your vote is factored down by 20%....

Would certainly cut out those that haven't been paying attention.

Interesting article in the ST with those who have access via subscription. Bojo basically blaming his team for letting partygate happen. :rolleyes:

Interesting article in the ST with those who have access via subscription. Bojo basically blaming his team for letting partygate happen. :rolleyes:
Yup all part of Operation Save Big Dog as he's supposedly coined it.

Shame I like the BBC, but the license fee model is outdated. Looks like it's going subscription only or part privatised.
People only think it's outdated due to relentless attacks on it from private media.

There is no way a non tax funded BBC is able to put on the range of programming it does.

People only think it's outdated due to relentless attacks on it from private media.

There is no way a non tax funded BBC is able to put on the range of programming it does.

Yeh, 2027. But Tories hate the bbc, so unless there's change in Govt. Likely to go through with it.

But defo noticed the range has decreased over the years. I'd hate it if they sold out to advertising,