• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Message from David Johnston given out to those who have emailed regarding this:

Thanks for your email. I have received several hundred emails about this and so I am sending the same reply to people unless they shared details of a particularly personal situation.

I cannot defend parties taking place and am in no way tempted to try. Before I carry on, let me reiterate (because I am being asked by some people) that I was not at any of these events – nor any other parties. I obeyed the restrictions in the same way you did.

I completely understand people's anger about the rules being broken by anyone, but particularly by the people who made the rules. I feel that anger myself. I well understand the sacrifices everyone made in not seeing friends and family members, including some that are sadly no longer with us. My deepest condolences go again to anyone who lost someone as a result of the pandemic.

In addition to anger, I feel embarrassment, because I know that myself and my MP colleagues (who also didn't attend these events) are by extension being damaged by events we had no involvement in and are clear should not have happened.

When I was back home in Didcot this past weekend, I had lots of conversations on the doorsteps with people, in addition to reading the emails that have been coming in. Not everyone feels the same about this issue or what should happen as a result of it. However, a significant number of people I have heard from have said they want me to take some sort of action in advance of the investigation being completed.

The reason I won't be doing this is because everyone – whoever they are – is entitled to have the full facts made public about what they are accused of and then be given the opportunity to take the action they think they should as a result. When there are so many allegations flying around, we are all entitled to know who did what, when, why and how. At the moment, I have no more information than what has been in the papers and been said in Parliament.

In the meantime, be assured that I have regularly been conveying the views of constituents to my Government colleagues – their anger and upset; their experiences of not seeing loved ones or, worse, losing them; and what they think should happen. I entirely understand how people feel and I will continue to share their messages to me. I'm very sorry for the anger and upset this has caused.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

Best wishes,

David

David Johnston OBE MP
Member of Parliament for Wantage and Didcot

House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
Tel: 020 7219 6350
Email: [email protected]

Regarding Cummings, he is a lying, deceptive, conniving ******* but even such a person will tell the truth when it benefits them, such as when spilling the beans on sensitive information when they have evidence to support it, causing more harm than a lie could.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he would have been doing tbh

It wasn't a changed phone, it was a changed number because it turned out his had been floating round the Internet for years - you can keep the same messages if you want to but takes an extra step and do a whole backup process - https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/account-and-profile/how-to-change-your-phone-number/?lang=en.

Anyway, if there are messages, Cummings still has them
Yeah if you change number WhatsApp forgets everything. My South African WhatsApp and my American WhatsApp are completely separate and I imagine that would do with me having to get a new simcard.

I'm yet to hear anyone say how Starmer would be worse than Johnson, other than simply to assert Labour = bad.
It's "They're all the same, it doesn't matter who you vote for, so I'll keep voting for the one who actually is in power and is actually making a mess of this country rather than give the guy who has actually done nothing wrong a chance."

I'm yet to hear anyone say how Starmer would be worse than Johnson, other than simply to assert Labour = bad.
Or as posited in the last election Corbyn now with the evidence in front of us of what Johnson's government looks like.

I appreciate Starmer has his detractors for a multitude of reasons, some fair, some less so but he does appear to be exactly the right kind of counter foil to Johnson. The real question is he right LOTO against whoever the Tories pick to replace Johnson? He's who we've got and you can't see him being ousted before 2024 especially now but will he go a bit Ed Davey against someone like Sunak?

So some more data on why Pork Pie is a thing and why calling them nobodies was another complete own goal.

HOLY HELL

Get ready for another round of "there should be a by-election"

HOLY HELL

Get ready for another round of "there should be a by-election"

Wow...to go from Conservatives to Labour. When was the last time something like that happened? Very brave and risky for an MP only elected in 2019. Previously a labour seat, so looks like he can see which way the seat will head in the next election.

Wow...to go from Conservatives to Labour. When was the last time something like that happened? Very brave and risky for an MP only elected in 2019. Previously a labour seat, so looks like he can see which way the seat will head in the next election.

But yeah most go independent or join the LD's few go CON<->LAB

Latest posts