• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

UK builders go WOKE: Study finds three quarters of tradesmen discuss their feelings with colleagues while two thirds shun the fried breakfasts and nearly half say they are history buffs

If a headline demonstrates The Daily Mail is a nasty paper, I think this shows it

If a headline demonstrates The Daily Mail is a nasty paper, I think this shows it
Interesting seeing the most liked comments, even a fair chunk of their readership think it's a pathetic article.

Dunno, feel like we're in America where no matter what he does it will never be enough for some people and they will always find an excuse for his behaviour.

We already know he abused his position as London mayor with Arcuri. Does this really surprise anyone?

Dunno, feel like we're in America where no matter what he does it will never be enough for some people and they will always find an excuse for his behaviour.

We already know he abused his position as London mayor with Arcuri. Does this really surprise anyone?
Its the usual thing to people politically engaged, no but the vast majority of politically engaged people in this country hate his guts. Its about cutting through to the people who vote but don't really pay that much attention. I'm unsure if Carriegate will but it will push a small amount of voters over its death by a thousand abuses of power and it won't stop.

The Tiverton vote is going to be interesting and its going to be tight.

I agree and but think this is just part of the human condition. People pick tribes in all facets of life, we tend to dislike people who aren't in our tribe, view everything through a lens of confirmation bias and hate to admit when we're wrong. Throw in a rigged electoral system and you're not likely to see much change.

Not to say, in the context of politics, that change can't or wont happen but it kinda feels like we're ******* into the wind a bit here.

As much as I want to have solidarity with strikers wanting a better life/future, I would be fuming if I relied on trains to get to work - 2 days of cancellations last week due to the weather and then every day this week cancelled too due to striking and engineering works (guessing they're trying to do some extra maintenance when they know they've got the two extra days of no trains)

This morning took me an extra 55mins to commute to work due to extra cars on the road from no trains

It's disrupting, which is good for them, but it's disrupting me, which is bad for me

Labour really are screwed with how divided their voters are over key issues

Leader Kier says no to Freedom of Movement if Labour take power:

Campaigning Kier says he'll work to bring back Freedom of Movement:

One alienates one subset, one alienates the other - I guess he's working harder to regain the Redwall Tories than cosying up to the younger/more urban voters, which does make sense but he'd better hope it works because turning the next generation away from you isn't a long term strat (ask the Lib Dems who turned a whole generation away from them with the uni fees/coalition)

Just the old two party chestnut, again, though

Labour really are screwed with how divided their voters are over key issues

Leader Kier says no to Freedom of Movement if Labour take power:

Campaigning Kier says he'll work to bring back Freedom of Movement:

One alienates one subset, one alienates the other - I guess he's working harder to regain the Redwall Tories than cosying up to the younger/more urban voters, which does make sense but he'd better hope it works because turning the next generation away from you isn't a long term strat (ask the Lib Dems who turned a whole generation away from them with the uni fees/coalition)

Just the old two party chestnut, again, though

Meanwhile the Judean People's Front, I mean the People's Front of Judea... Some things never change.

If there's one thing the People's Front of Judea Labour hate more the the Romans Tories it's the Judean People's Front other Labour members.

Its a different story from a couple of years back I think there's a good chunk of remainers who accept its happened now and accept saying we're going back is not really a political discussion with any traction now. I'd love him to be able to say Brexit is a load of ******** but accept we ain't going anywhere for a decade. Entering the customs union is literally the most we'll get and that required Brexiters to get there on their own rather than being told.

Sadly there are still a group of remainers demanding we talk about re-joining now and they are all off their rockers.

Its a different story from a couple of years back I think there's a good chunk of remainers who accept its happened now and accept saying we're going back is not really a political discussion with any traction now. I'd love him to be able to say Brexit is a load of ******** but accept we ain't going anywhere for a decade. Entering the customs union is literally the most we'll get and that required Brexiters to get there on their own rather than being told.

Sadly there are still a group of remainers demanding we talk about re-joining now and they are all off their rockers.
As a remainer who would like to re-join, there is a certain basic reality that must be accepted, it won't happen any time soon if at all. As well as us wanting to re-join, we would need the EU wanting us back. Suffice to say I could see some EU members blocking us joining after what happened with Brexit and our newly gained reputation for being unreliable and our word meaning nothing internationally now.

It does beg the question what counts as a final referendum result? Leave were demanding plans for a 2nd referendum whilst the first was still happening in case they lost, Scotland are demanding a 2nd. It seems the non-status quo can demand re-runs ad infinitum but the ones wanting a change are final if they win. Leavers say they got to go against the original referendum to join because the EU was different to what we originally joined and enough time had passed. By extension Scotland can say the relationship Britain has with the world has fundamentally changed as so they can have a 2nd. If the EU becomes a cohesive country in the future, we could argue it has changed again and demand a referendum. The only consistency is the hypocrisy of people who advocate one but think those same arguments don't then apply when they don't like it.

Problem is Labour have never been really unified on issues except for workers rights and now they've lost that USP.

I know this is an "I've been watching" but I thought it might be more relevant in here.
Anyone caught any of that "Once Upon a Time in Londongrad"?

About the number of "suicides" that look like they have a lot to do with the Russian state.

On the back of it I've just got through an audiobook called Putins People. Essentially like the mafia in charge of the country. Trump comes up a fair bit…

Latest posts