• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Hunt on Thursday:

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat. Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways to tax his ass.

Tax all he has, Then let him know, That you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers, Then tax him some more, Tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words Upon his tomb, 'Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

I'm an Independent, but I'm glad the Democrats will hold on to their control of the Senate. Anything that helps thwart Trump and his cronies is fine by me. 👍

Looks like the Ukrainian army have bounced the east bank of the Dnieper river cutting behind all the Russian fortifications on the east bank. Risky but if successful could collapse the entire Russian left flank.

Looks like the Ukrainian army have bounced the east bank of the Dnieper river cutting behind all the Russian fortifications on the east bank. Risky but if successful could collapse the entire Russian left flank.

I'd seen on Saturday that AFU were attacking Kinburn spit/peninsula, but from a source I didn't know.
Your source above makes it seem more likely, but the ones I've learned to trust are mentioning it a rumour, but can't corroborate.

ETA: Looks like Ukraine Southern Command announced their intention to liberate Kinburn on Saturday. Then last night there was footage of Ukrainian maritime special forces operating in that specific area emerging (unknown when the footage was taken).

Given Ukraine's usual operational security, and clampdown on misinformation; then either... this happened a few days ago, and they now feel secure enough to leak footage (but none of settlements being liberated) or it's a feint. Or, of course, Russia has something specific and valuable there (radar? missile batteries?) and it's a raid to neutralise that, but not hold any ground.

Last edited:
I'd seen on Saturday that AFU were attacking Kinburn spit/peninsula, but from a source I didn't know.
Your source above makes it seem more likely, but the ones I've learned to trust are mentioning it a rumour, but can't corroborate.

ETA: Looks like Ukraine Southern Command announced their intention to liberate Kinburn on Saturday. Then last night there was footage of Ukrainian maritime special forces operating in that specific area emerging (unknown when the footage was taken).

Given Ukraine's usual operational security, and clampdown on misinformation; then either... this happened a few days ago, and they now feel secure enough to leak footage (but none of settlements being liberated) or it's a feint. Or, of course, Russia has something specific and valuable there (radar? missile batteries?) and it's a raid to neutralise that, but not hold any ground.

Whatever it is the Ukrainians know what they're doing.

Do you think the withdrawal from Kherson was preplanned between the 2 sides? I have this nagging feeling that military commanders on both sides are talking to each other a lot more than is being let on. I know there are real political tension between the various Russian factions with the Chechens and Wagner group not trusting the regular army with the leaders of the former both vying for greater political power but there are lots of prisoner exchanges including ones from Azov regiment who were the Russians "Evil Ukrainian Nazi's" poster boys.

Brexit will be the biggest act of political self harm in my lifetime.

The EU announced that they will force companies like Apple to produce the same USB type C connector on all their devices to make life simpler and stop consumers getting ripped off. A very sensible decision that will benefit people in the EU. Of course our Govt's default position was to not do the same thing just so that they're not seen to be following the EU's lead. Tw4ts!

Following on from that, there are claims floating around that Ukraine have liberated Oleshky and Hola Prystan (Opposite Kherson); whilst there's a massive AFU offensive pushing South from Hulyaipole and Kreminna, Rubizhne and Severodonetsk being evacuated ahead of a Russian withdrawal.

I think people are getting a little overexcited, and am choosing to disbelieve all of them (whilst hoping I'm wrong, obviously).

If I had to opine it as anything other than bullshit (or a frankly miraculous day for Ukraine), then I'd say that it reads to me more like Ukraine trying to instil panic in the retreating Russians in the hopes that they retreat further than necessary and cede ground.
Let's face it, it worked in the first big push up around Kharkiv, and may work a second time if the troops there are of the new, unwilling and untrained variety.

Last edited:
Following on from that, there are claims floating around that Ukraine have liberated Oleshky and Hola Prystan (Opposite Kherson); whilst there's a massive AFU offensive pushing South from Hulyaipole and Kreminna, Rubizhne and Severodonetsk being evacuated ahead of a Russian withdrawal.

I think people are getting a little overexcited, and am choosing to disbelieve all of them (whilst hoping I'm wrong, obviously).

If I had to opine it as anything other than bullshit (or a frankly miraculous day for Ukraine), then I'd say that it reads to me more like Ukraine trying to instil panic in the retreating Russians in the hopes that they retreat further than necessary and cede ground.
Let's face it, it worked in the first big push up around Kharkiv, and may work a second time if the troops there are of the new, unwilling and untrained variety.
Some very strong rumours about Oleshky on Twitter now. If it's true the ukrainians didn't hang around

Some very strong rumours about Oleshky on Twitter now. If it's true the ukrainians didn't hang around
Any of the accounts that actually fact check these things?
Places like OSINT, MilitaryLand or Tendar
Twitter has a tendency to get overexcited about things from a dodgy claim (I gather the original claim has been removed, and never did claim that Oleshky was liberated, just that Russian troops had withdrawn)

Any of the accounts that actually fact check these things?
Places like OSINT, MilitaryLand or Tendar
Twitter has a tendency to get overexcited about things from a dodgy claim (I gather the original claim has been removed, and never did claim that Oleshky was liberated, just that Russian troops had withdrawn)

No not yet. Just rumours on the back of other posts

Turns out the Australian/UK trade deal is awful for the farming sector

the sopranos hbo GIF

One of the main reasons I think we'll struggle with getting to net zero - too many people in the world to feed, clothe and produce energy for. Too many countries pulling in different directions and having to prioritise to satisfy the masses.

Latest posts