• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Well, yes.
We also had 8 years of tory rule before Brexit, it's the double whammy of tory austerity and corruption, coupled with Brexit that is really truly hurting this country.

Well, yes.
We also had 8 years of tory rule before Brexit, it's the double whammy of tory austerity and corruption, coupled with Brexit that is really truly hurting this country.
The one word that stuck for me was "identity". Growing up in this country as a child of immigrant parents I struggled with mine, so I see how Britain made up of 4 countries has struggled with its own and still to this day.

The right wing Tories and the likes of Farage were able to exploit this with the easy answer of "taking back control" and Brexit. It was an utter nonsense.

There's no easy route or answer whoever the Government is IMO until we as a country can answer this question.

The one word that stuck for me was "identity". Growing up in this country as a child of immigrant parents I struggled with mine, so I see how Britain made up of 4 countries has struggled with its own and still to this day.

The right wing Tories and the likes of Farage were able to exploit this with the easy answer of "taking back control" and Brexit. It was an utter nonsense.

There's no easy route or answer whoever the Government is IMO until we as a country can answer this question.
It's more than just identity as a nation. What type of people do we want to be? Conservatives pushed through their rhetoric nonsense of 'British Values', but the reality is that's not how the country works or acts. How do we want to been across the globe? Until Britain accepts that it's no longer this super power that the whole world looks up the better.

Last edited:

"Well we've brought back the bursary for nurses, which was scrapped before"
"Who was it scrapped by? It was by your government"

God they are ******* shameless, wanting praise for reversing their own crap decisions. It's like boasting about your decision to close the door after the horse has bolted and ignoring the fact you opened the door in the first place.

so according to this, they have been taxed, but are pretty much off-setting it with investments.
Presumably, we tax-payers are paying it for them, just on a 5-year delay, due to that "gift that isn't a gift, and that you don't have a choice about" that Rishi gave us all in the Spring.

I'll be honest though - I hadn't noticed that they were being windfall taxed - I had thought that was just for the green suppliers

This is... quite something... I'm just not sure quite what it is...

Just shows how bad her policy was. She didn't disagree with Kwarteng who she chose to enact her policies, but then sacked him to try and calm the markets because they were panicking about her policy.

You will be telling me next that the Pope is Catholic!
He is. But what's that got to do with this?🤔

Apart from finding him and the Russian state guilty of this there will be no justice for the victims Families. So may as well provide a clear narrative and link up to the very top if nothing for the families.

Latest posts