• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'm 4 years and 1 month into it. Problem is 9 month secondment to Canada starts in September and I'll be paid out there which massively complicates everything in my life.
Are you going to rent your place out to help pay for it?

Fair enough. Was going to say that is one way to help pay the mortgage and also won't affect your main residence relief.
Paying the mortgage is fine, I just don't want to pay more in interest.

Paying the mortgage is fine, I just don't want to pay more in interest.
You could claim tax relief on the interest but restricted now to 20% relief, if you rented the property out. Better than nothing.

the other thing is this:

£7,500 tax free income. Additional source of income to pay higher interest rate.

Last edited:
Anyway the evidence for prosecution coming out the committee is damning as ****.

What I find most ridiculous is he only officially corrected the record after being fined and when the Sue Gray report was published. He only did it when forced to and until then he still thought he could get away with it.

We all know he did intentionally mislead parliament, the issue, as has always been, is proving he did.

What I find most ridiculous is he only officially corrected the record after being fined and when the Sue Gray report was published. He only did it when forced to and until then he still thought he could get away with it.

We all know he did intentionally mislead parliament, the issue, as has always been, is proving he did.
Reckless will be easy as **** though can't see any evidence he sought out reassurances and reasoning behind them.
Intentional is how he's going square away the fact he didn't know he was at those gatherings.

Reckless will be easy as **** though can't see any evidence he sought out reassurances and reasoning behind them.
Intentional is how he's going square away the fact he didn't know he was at those gatherings.
I think the issue is he argues he genuinely believed (because he's that thick) that they weren't breaking the rules. Then his aides told him no (probably because they knew that's what he wanted to hear) and so he didn't 'intentionally' mislead parliament, just stupidly and badly advised by yes men.

It's not a great argument and tbh kind of pathetic, but he doesn't need to convince people, just create enough reasonable doubt.

I think the issue is he argues he genuinely believed (because he's that thick) that they weren't breaking the rules. Then his aides told him no (probably because they knew that's what he wanted to hear) and so he didn't 'intentionally' mislead parliament, just stupidly and badly advised by yes men.

It's not a great argument and tbh kind of pathetic, but he doesn't need to convince people, just create enough reasonable doubt.
Not a court of law the privileges committee cab simply decide he's lying to them.

He'll also **** off swathes of his party when parliament votes for sanctions against him by voting against Windsor today.

This I disagree with. It creates unreasonable doubt. No reasonable person could conclude that, after being right in the middle of the process of setting up the rules, months of being advised by health experts on what the criteria were, and repeatedly spreading a message that everyone else in the country seemed to understand, that he didn't know what he was doing was a flagrant breach of the rules.

I heard on radio earlier that he and his cronies will be arguing that the burden of being leader was also a mitigating factor in him not being aware of what was going on under his own roof. They're also suggesting he'll be getting an unfair hearing due to Sue Gray and Harriet Harman. You couldn't make it up. He and his cronies are desperate vile people.

Not a court of law the privileges committee cab simply decide he's lying to them.

He'll also **** off swathes of his party when parliament votes for sanctions against him by voting against Windsor today.
True, but enough doubt to allow Tory MP to vote for him.
This I disagree with. It creates unreasonable doubt. No reasonable person could conclude that, after being right in the middle of the process of setting up the rules, months of being advised by health experts on what the criteria were, and repeatedly spreading a message that everyone else in the country seemed to understand, that he didn't know what he was doing was a flagrant breach of the rules.
True, but see above. He's not trying to convince the general public, he's trying to give Tory MPs the excuse they need to vote for him.

True, but enough doubt to allow Tory MP to vote for him.

True, but see above. He's not trying to convince the general public, he's trying to give Tory MPs the excuse they need to vote for him.
I understand that's his aim and that the Tories are utterly shameless but the Tories must realise that if they pretend to fall for it, they make themselves look every bit as corrupt and complicit as Johnson. Maybe they don't care at this stage but I see no way they can try to let Johnson off and it not resulting in a further drop in their poll numbers. They already have the tag of corrupt, self serving liars and Sunak is trying to pretend they aren't and at least claw back some credibility. Accepting the absolute bullshit that Johnson is saying will undermine all that and undermine Sunak. Johnson needs to have the rule book thrown at him, anything less will rightly be perceived by most people as just more corrupt Tories protecting their own and holding themselves to a lower standard than the rest of the country.

Love the fact more Tories are going to vote against Windsor than the Immigration plan.

Did I say love I mean appalled.

Apparently he can purjure himself....like full criminal conviction.

Apparently he can purjure himself....like full criminal conviction.
That's not the only thing he can go do to himself...

My God Johnson is such a twat. The people asking the questions must not let him just but in an do his usual tactic of babbling all over someone any time they start to press a difficult point. He's talking faster, talking over the questioner and doing his usual of trying to fill the whole thing with his bluster and trying to play victim. This is a huge tell-tale sign, he does this every time he knows he is in the wrong.

Last edited:
Summary of Johnson's defence:
fawlty-towers.gif
schults-knows-nothing.gif

Latest posts