• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

BBC News - The battle between farmers in West Bank pitting Israel against the US

This is the sort of crap Israel is constantly doing behind the scenes during "peace" time and I why I find the constant playing victim and pretending they are never the aggressors so infuriating. This stuff is going on constantly but doesn't get covered.

This is also terrorism. Israel turns a blind eye at best and actively supports it at worst.

BBC News - The battle between farmers in West Bank pitting Israel against the US

This is the sort of crap Israel is constantly doing behind the scenes during "peace" time and I why I find the constant playing victim and pretending they are never the aggressors so infuriating. This stuff is going on constantly but doesn't get covered.

This is also terrorism. Israel turns a blind eye at best and actively supports it at worst.
Personally I would've had little to no problem if the settlements in the West Bank had been targeted on October 7th. Obviously I'd have rathered there was no rape or torture but it would definitely be different compared to what actually did take place on October 7th.

Anyone who says Isreal are blameless in this are obviously talking out of their arse just as people on the other side. I don't know if you watched question time last night but the SNP guy and the Jewish journalist were perfect examples as to how at loggerheads these 2 sides are and unlikely to reach a resolution. I think Isreal needs to look at what's it doing in the West Bank for sure but people on the left (of which I would consider myself one) need to realise you can't deal with Hamas like you could the IRA and others.

need to realise you can't deal with Hamas like you could the IRA and others.
I actually think you can but it requires Israel and Hamas to get to the same point as the IRA and the UK government did. I'm sure in the 70's nobody could see end in sight. It hard enough in the 90's and I remember that.

But both sides have to get to a point where they agree they are just going to accept that they'll forget what the other side did (the majority of them anyway) and not aggressively pursue those on the other side. It hasn't been perfect in Northen Ireland on that front but that's the place you have to be.

Neither Hamas or Israel are offering those olive branches though.

I actually think you can but it requires Israel and Hamas to get to the same point as the IRA and the UK government did. I'm sure in the 70's nobody could see end in sight. It hard enough in the 90's and I remember that.

But both sides have to get to a point where they agree they are just going to accept that they'll forget what the other side did (the majority of them anyway) and not aggressively pursue those on the other side. It hasn't been perfect in Northen Ireland on that front but that's the place you have to be.

Neither Hamas or Israel are offering those olive branches though.
True, they could in theory get to that point but the IRA never had, as a fundamental part of their mission, the destruction of the UK and It's entire population to be wiped out. Same for the ANC, I think they knew how unhinged the international community would see them if Mandela came out and said "we're not stopping until every white man woman and child are dead"

If Hamas backtracked on the genocide talk and Isreal stopped its shameless expansionist **** in the West Bank then maybe but as you say neither are close to those changes.

"Now if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that's gonna be the least of it," he added. "It's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it."
Later, he added, "If this election isn't won, I'm not sure that you'll ever have another election in this country."
He again referred to the people who are in prison for crimes committed in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack as "hostages."
Trump also said that some undocumented immigrants were "not people,"

Last edited:
So, as well as schools collapsing, we had in the last week the ceiling in an intensive care ward collapse on a patient and in a different hospital another collapse breaking a doctors leg. The Tories have driven this country into the ground so much that everything is literally collapsing around our ears.

I cannot understand anyone who seriously supports the Tories any more. Honestly, what the hell have they actually done right in their 15 years in power?

Are most of them not going to Reform UK now?
A lot probably are but your hardcore Tories will be pretty tribal.

I don't know wtf I'm talking about anyway, I said it was impossible for Labour to win a majority and it looks like it might actually happen.

A lot probably are but your hardcore Tories will be pretty tribal.

I don't know wtf I'm talking about anyway, I said it was impossible for Labour to win a majority and it looks like it might actually happen.
TBF I don't think anyone expected quite the depths of partygate. That's what completely soured them in the public eye. I think if it weren't for that people would still lining up in their droves.

A real emporers new clothes moment.

TBF I don't think anyone expected quite the depths of partygate. That's what completely soured them in the public eye. I think if it weren't for that people would still lining up in their droves.

A real emporers new clothes moment.
I think you pretty much nailed it. I know a few people who are just going to hold there nose and vote Labour. There's little enthusiasm for Starmer but there's a lot of enthusiasm for a change.

I think you pretty much nailed it. I know a few people who are just going to hold there nose and vote Labour. There's little enthusiasm for Starmer but there's a lot of enthusiasm for a change.
I really hope the change is good, because to be honest, I've never seen things this bad in my life. I'm sure they have been worse, but heading back that way is not something to be desired. Even people with what's considered decent jobs are feeling it and it's just getting worse. The other worry is expectations. The tories have been in power for so long now, that we have a generation of people thinking this is perfectly normal. It isn't. It really isn't.

Latest posts