• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly Drone detection, disablement or takeover is an area of massive R&D withing the Defense industry currently. Of course they are more worried about the things carrying bombs/spying and such (yes I do mean the ones people take home). Its a problem which there isn't a good solution to for yet.

Of course they could also use a radio jammer but that's got a different set of problems.

@Tallshort isn't the main problem with shotguns range over and entire arifield? They'd have to get a lot of people to cover the damn thing.

Interestingly Drone detection, disablement or takeover is an area of massive R&D withing the Defense industry currently. Of course they are more worried about the things carrying bombs/spying and such (yes I do mean the ones people take home). Its a problem which there isn't a good solution to for yet.

Of course they could also use a radio jammer but that's got a different set of problems.

@Tallshort isn't the main problem with shotguns range over and entire arifield? They'd have to get a lot of people to cover the damn thing.

No 2 or 3 Toyota Hulix with a couple of guys on the back. Drive to where the drones are and shoot.

Complete an utter arseholes can't believe someone is getting shits and giggles out of this and my understanding is extremely low.

As noted before I'm flying home today (a few hours from now) but in addition I just discovered my Mum was hospitalised this week but nobody wanted to worry me so I didn't come back early or something. So yeah I'm really feeling it for all families and regular people that are getting their lived turned upside down by this.

It will be interesting to see how airports react in future because, even though the person/people responsible are ******* pricks, they have shown how simple it is to disrupt a major airport with a drone. How do you stop a drone in a public area? I'm sure there are ways and clearly the authorities need to get a handle on future events quicker.

I do feel sorry for the airport and airlines though because they're damned if they do, damned if they don't . They suspend flights and everyone complains, however if they didn't and it resulted in a plane crash the fallout would be far worse.

Complete an utter arseholes can't believe someone is getting shits and giggles out of this and my understanding is extremely low.

As noted before I'm flying home today (a few hours from now) but in addition I just discovered my Mum was hospitalised this week but nobody wanted to worry me so I didn't come back early or something. So yeah I'm really feeling it for all families and regular people that are getting their lived turned upside down by this.

It's despicable - just saw on the news a woman with cancer stranded at the airport. I hope the culprits see clips like that.

Hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery.

What would be great is if they had those laser anti-drone systems posted around the perimeter so they can lock onto the drones and then someone in control can then fire it if needed.

Read they've arrested a man and a woman in connection to this. Still it's exposed a real vulnerability around airports and will give certain people ideas to disrupt airports around the world. So yes the sooner they put a plan in place to stop these drones be it laser anti drone systems, specially trained eagles the better.

Read they've arrested a man and a woman in connection to this. Still it's exposed a real vulnerability around airports and will give certain people ideas to disrupt airports around the world. So yes the sooner they put a plan in place to stop these drones be it laser anti drone systems, specially trained eagles the better.
Has anyone considered laser eagles?

Has anyone considered laser eagles?

Doc Evil was truly ahead of his time.
giphy.gif

Sooo, that Gatwick thing...
There might not have been any drones after all...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.
And he said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken

Sooo, that Gatwick thing...
There might not have been any drones after all...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.
And he said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken

Well I would hope that any sightings were made by ground grew, pilots etc...people who work there rather than just Joe Bloggs who thought he saw something and they panicked. Also this suggests you don't even need a drone to cause chaos. Just get you and a few friends need to let the airport know, give some crap fake footage and then sneak off in the chaos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46670714

Sounds like a police officer speaking out of turn rather than substantively saying there were no drones.

So in the past 2 days the press have vilified a couple before and plastered their names across the front pages before a charge was made. And called our entire system rubbish based on taking one quote and running with it.

Gotta love em.

May saying her faith in God convinced her she's doing the right thing...

Any time someone invokes good as part of their reasoning I immediately become suspicious.

May saying her faith in God convinced her she's doing the right thing...

Any time someone invokes good as part of their reasoning I immediately become suspicious.

She's a Vicar's daughter still. Blair making his decision on Iraq based on his strong Catholic faith.

It shouldn't have any part of decision making processes in an advanced secular society like ours, but sadly it still does.

She's a Vicar's daughter still. Blair making his decision on Iraq based on his strong Catholic faith.

It shouldn't have any part of decision making processes in an advanced secular society like ours, but sadly it still does.
Blair was sensible enough not to tell us that at the time.
He was also (rightly) pilloried for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290

Shame, as used to love HMV. But walked in there over Xmas and spent around 5 mins and walked straight out having bought nothing. How can it compete with amazon, Netflix, iPlayer Spotify and just pure piracy etc?

If I really wanted to buy a game or dvd/Blu-ray physical media i'd go to CEX. Unfortunately the high street is dying in the UK and I think there needs to be a long term plan to save it. First the number of pubs being shut every week, restaurants, shops are really struggling. What is the long term answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts