• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46763940
So.. his "cunning" plan is to create a national emergency; declare a national emergency; and assume the dicatorial powers that allows him.

Surely it doesn't work that way.
Surely that he's actually saying that he's doing this is grounds for impeachment, regardless of anything else he may or may not have absolutely has done

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46763940
So.. his "cunning" plan is to create a national emergency; declare a national emergency; and assume the dicatorial powers that allows him.

Surely it doesn't work that way.
Surely that he's actually saying that he's doing this is grounds for impeachment, regardless of anything else he may or may not have absolutely has done

Gets more and more like House of Cards everyday. He also tweeted this after Democrats called for his impeachment:

"How do you impeach a president who has won perhaps the greatest election of all time, done nothing wrong (no Collusion with Russia, it was the Dems that Colluded), had the most successful first two years of any president, and is the most popular Republican in party history 93%?"

It's amazing he can still lie like that and his supporters still believe he can do no wrong.

It's not like most dictators who rose to powers in democracies used national emergencies as a tool to get their dictatorial powers...

It's not like most dictators who rose to powers in democracies used national emergencies as a tool to get their dictatorial powers...
Good point, well made. Though I can't think of any who openly created said emergency (Erdogam comes close, but he at least tried to pretend it was a real coup attempt); or who told people what he was going to do beforehand.
I also, apparently, still think better of the US than to allow this; but they keep lowering my expectations (as do we with our determination to commit national suicide)

House of Commons open for business again on Monday which means Brexit takes centre stage again. Vote on May's deal expected to take place the week after next.

House of Commons open for business again on Monday which means Brexit takes centre stage again. Vote on May's deal expected to take place the week after next.

Forget Brexit, we have bigger problems in this nation now, like Greggsit.

Forget Brexit, we have bigger problems in this nation now, like Greggsit.
gregg-wallace.jpg

Where's he going?

15 January it is then. Unless Theresa does another U turn, then we may be waiting until 28 March?

Nope, it almost certainly goes ahead and gets voted down unless Labor whip (don't count against it) followed by a referendum on the type of deal we want. Withdrawl of Article 50

Please bear in mind the New European is a blatent pro-eu rag with the goal of remaining part of the EU but Labour really is in tough place currently and you gov is a proper polling team.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...ib-dems-if-it-pushes-through-brexit-1-5820736

If there is a general election soon then I can see the Lib Dems and SNP getting a head of Labour because they are the parties of Remain.

The tories are split and the Labour leader has always been anti EU.

But what are the chances of a snap election

Snap election, its not going to resolve anything and the Tories kind of know this. JRM and his cronies said they won't support of vote of no confidence in the government. You're then relying on the DUP and I don't think anyone wants to hand Corbyn.

Green's, SNP & Lib Dems might also be persuaded to vote for the government if they get a referendum instead. They don't see Corbyn as an ally at all in regard she only has convince enough to vote with her.

I watched May on Andrew Marr on Sunday and her stance was that anyone voting down her deal should at least be putting forward an alternative solution. She failed to recognise that they haven't had the luxury of participating in any negotiations with the EU for the best part of two years. She also confirmed that there will be no snap election. A lot will depend on the result of the vote but unless it's an absolute hammering I imagine she'll be heading back to Brussels to make it look like she's trying to get a better deal which at best will be another wording change/clarification.

If her deal does get hammered in Parliament then it should be a straight No deal v Remain in the second referendum. I don't see that happening as she would insist on her deal being an option. Wonder which option Corbyn would back. More pressure needs to be put on him from within his own party and in the media.

Just saw a poll of the possible second referendum with three options:

A - Leave with current deal - 9%
B - Remain - 33%
C - Leave with no deal - 58%

British voters seriously worry me. Maybe the country deserves years of economic depression and social unrest to show them what they voted for. Maybe the Chinese political system is safer.

Who commissioned and performed the poll?

Most polls I've seen from yougov, etc show a remain win by over 50%

Who commissioned and performed the poll?

Most polls I've seen from yougov, etc show a remain win by over 50%

I can't find the source but it wasn't from anything like YouGov. Think there were around 1000 votes so not as comprehensive as others but still a bit alarming. Remainers do tend to be more silent with the Brexiteers probably more active on forums and polls.

I can't see Lib Dems overtaking labour,
Labour would take a hit in a GE (last one was their big chance, they've damaged a lot of good will since then) and lib dems (nationwide) would increase their votes massively but I can't see them being concentrated enough to win a ton of seats.
Just the way our voting system is set up.

Like where I live Tories got 32k, Labour 15k, Lib Dems 2k. That 2k would increase but nowhere near enough to challenge the Tories.

I can't find the source but it wasn't from anything like YouGov. Think there were around 1000 votes so not as comprehensive as others but still a bit alarming. Remainers do tend to be more silent with the Brexiteers probably more active on forums and polls.
Which why you should always take stuff like that with a massive pinch of salt regardless of which way it went. I know political groups are always trying to game any straw poll they come across so offcial polls despite inaccuracies are the only thing with a modicum of thought in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts