• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media have already started the Bercow witch hunt by referring to him as a "Grandstanding speaker". So irresponsible. Don't they remember Jo Cox FFS and the sick Gina Miller death threats as mentioned by WhichTyler.

So it looks like May wants a short extension, in order to get her deal in front of parliament again.
I can't see the extension being granted for that, and iI can't see her deal getting approved at the third time of asking, especially not shenjnsisrs on ******* off the moderates.
Which will leave us with one week to go, no solutions, and no time to try anything else.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011
She really does have less tactical flexibility than Captain Iceman!

Last edited:
She's doing all this to cling on to power but surely she realises she's losing the tory leadership or losing a general election soon.
Considering she's a remained she should just revoke article 50 and retire. It would at least give her a positive footnote to a despicable political career.

She's doing all this to cling on to power but surely she realises she's losing the tory leadership or losing a general election soon.
Considering she's a remained she should just revoke article 50 and retire. It would at least give her a positive footnote to a despicable political career.
See, I'm not convinced she was ever a remainer other than wanting to be on the winning team. Her staunch anti-immigration stance on... everything ever doesn't make her sound like a remainer TBH. Before or after the referendum.

Last edited:
She cant be removed as leader for 8ish months...probanlybwhy she doesn't want a long extension.

Although this is basically a Brexit thread some developments in South Africa that could have a knock on affect for the ruling party.

Rolling electricity black outs where at any given time 20% of the country is without electricity. The chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

https://m.fin24.com/Economy/analysis-load-shedding-worse-than-we-thought-and-here-to-stay-20190319-2

One thing they forgot to mention is all the skilled white engineers that got pushed out by force because of affirmative action/BEE.

See, I'm not convinced she was ever a remainer other than wanting to be on the winning team. Her staunch anti-immigration stance on... everything ever doesn't make her sound like a remainer TBH. Before or after the referendum.

It was well known at the time that she kept a very low profile (or was MIA) during the referendum campaign - just like Corbyn. With that in mind I think it was shocking that she was rewarded for sitting on the fence by becoming PM.

Tory party messed up and should given the gig to a Leave campaigner so that they could be held to account for the shite that they spouted on the bus and all the other fantasy Brexit promises. Just like political parties are held to account on their manifestos after General Elections. All in all a complete shambles of a process from start to finish.

Well Boris was the anointed one on that front until Davis stabbed him in the back. Ah simple times.

It was well known at the time that she kept a very low profile (or was MIA) during the referendum campaign - just like Corbyn. With that in mind I think it was shocking that she was rewarded for sitting on the fence by becoming PM.

Tory party messed up and should given the gig to a Leave campaigner so that they could be held to account for the shite that they spouted on the bus and all the other fantasy Brexit promises. Just like political parties are held to account on their manifestos after General Elections. All in all a complete shambles of a process from start to finish.
Unfortunately, that would have meant Leadsom - and we'd likely be even more ****** (I think).
Well Boris was the anointed one on that front until Davis stabbed him in the back. Ah simple times.
wrong slug (it was Gove)

Unfortunately, that would have meant Leadsom - and we'd likely be even more ****** (I think).
wrong slug (it was Gove)

It might have been Gove (or Johnson had he decided to remain in the race) - depending on where May's votes would have been re-allocated. Leadsom was only a backbencher (or possibly Junior minister) at the time and so I don't know if she would have commanded enough support.

Either way they clearly weren't prepared for Leave winning and that's when the chaos began.

I don't buy into the whole Gove stabbing BoJo in the back. From what I understand the Tory power base had a word with BoJo and told him to stand aside as he wasn't the chosen one. Makes sense as Johnson had more supporters than Gove and it seemed odd that he chose not to stay in the race.

Last edited:
I get Gove and Davis.mixed up for no reason.

Leadsom was a backbencher whod have never of won thank god. She pretty much torpedoed her own campaign though when she said some quite trite things about May not having children.

I think BJ may have won had he got to the membership vote. Gove's intervention probably stopped him getting enough parliamentary votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts