• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Labour frontbechers going on about a public vote but apparently this is them still pushing the GE line but trying to spin it....

Did they learn anything?

CHUK were never going to anything but that. Going it alone was always a stupid idea, they always should have joined the LibDem.
They sat there complaining that there was no centre-centreleft partyr with a pro-Remain stance and a willingness to collaborate and attempt consensus politics. All the while refusing to collaborate or form consensus with the existing party who they were complaining didn't exist.

Supposedly more people signed the revoke article 50 petition than voted Brexit Party.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Current figure is 6,085,033

Also I know many people are saying a vote for Brexit is no deal....but where the evidence this is what they want?
61272631_448753269275135_1362079312341106688_o.jpg

60784938_447431992740596_3997657204365721600_o.jpg

60470047_447250019425460_4326250575063678976_o.jpg

Actually, he's kinda just proved his point on this one...
60888401_444764286340700_8593143576815206400_o.jpg

60550573_444652676351861_3905685607912833024_o.jpg

60571354_444532196363909_2070230805686255616_o.jpg

60785807_448085629341899_3038080034909716480_o.jpg

There's also the Anne Widdicombe homophobia one that was taken down for giving oxygen to Issy Folau-like views.

Last edited:
I think Change UK needs to to dissolve it hasn't been a force for anything other than splitting the vote. That's because their management has been rubbish.

Green and Lib Dem need to work together and not compete for results.

I don't think they can really align with nationalist parties but I do think a they agree with us so don't really try in seats we can't win.

That leaves Lab and if they take this for Hard Remain or back a 2nd ref they'll get plenty of votes back. I think the LDs and Greens should work with them in areas without strong LD or Green support.

I think the clear takeaway is for them not to split the vote against each other. And I actually think both parties are willing.

For me Change UK are one of the biggest hypocrites in politics right now. They say they wanted to change how politics work, but leaked documents showed they targeted the Lib Dem vote in these elections rather than working together. Apparently the parties can't agree to unite behind a candidate in the Peterborough by election and I reckon that is mainly Change UK again. They need to join the Lib Dems and accept they are causing more harm than good.

I really hope we now finally stop hearing certain politicians stating that 80% of the electorate supported parties who agreed implement the referendum result at the last GE.

It can now be argued that last night's results demonstrate there is no mandate for a Tory/Labour determined form of Brexit. It also demonstrates that the electorate want parties with a clear and unambiguous position over Brexit - something the Tories and especially Labour have failed to provide. May has already paid the price for her handling of Brexit and Corbyn should be squirming this morning. CHUK are a joke and need to call it a day.

Supposedly more people signed the revoke article 50 petition than voted Brexit Party.

Also I know many people are saying a vote for Brexit is no deal....but where the evidence this is what they want?
Anyone can sign that though...

Well, anyone who's a British citizen or British resident.
Remind me the qualification criteria for voting in the EU elections again?
You can sign that partition from anywhere and you can sign it as many times as you have different email acoounts

It would be interesting to see if the lib Dems and greens try to combine and run as a coalition of sorts so they can combine their support. I can't see them getting anywhere independently and they share enough policy positions to make it workable, unlike the lib Dem and conservative coalition.

Has anyone in the media remembered the pre-election predictions?
Wasn't Farage expected to get a 10-12% gain on top of his UKIP14 vote?
He got 4 (or 7 if you still count UKIP itself, which has more taken over from EDL)

It would be interesting to see if the lib Dems and greens try to combine and run as a coalition of sorts so they can combine their support. I can't see them getting anywhere independently and they share enough policy positions to make it workable, unlike the lib Dem and conservative coalition.

I think it is workable. They're a lot more united than both the Tories and Labour.

Lib Dem, Change UK and Greens all need to combine now under remain. If Labour get their finger out their arse, get rid of Corbyn/McDonnell etc and a united coalition under one banner of United remain as part of the EU with a second referendum to confirm then this catastrophe can be avoided.

It's now either revoke article 50 and stay within EU or leave under WTO on 31 October. As Cersei said there is no middle ground anymore.

Man you know the worls gone to hell when Jeremy Hunt is the voice of reason!

Some leadership candidates are claiming we are out on 31 October deal or no deal while others are saying the constitution has been changed and that Parliament would have the power to block no deal. Is it that f'ing hard to get some clarity on the matter? It's quite shambolic that candidates can claim either when only one can be the case.

Not a fan of Hunt at all. Campaigned to remain, flip flops to Brexiteer, stated he'd support no deal if it came to it a couple of weeks ago and now claims no deal is political suicide - WTF. He's also a poor speaker - he seems to take ages to get the words out and doesn't deliver with conviction.

Oh I hate him but he is just a weasel compared to Leadsom, McVey, Johnson, Patel, Raab

My pick a tosspot winner would be Hancock currently, hes clearly the best of a terrible bunch but he'll lose badly by being you know competent.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48395611

It's depressing going through the voting history of the various leadership contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts