• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFR now questioning whether the UK rugby teams should be in next seasons Champions and Challenge Cups, Ireland are fine but doubts about England Scotland and Wales!!!!!!!!!!!
we will miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we just join the Top 14?? Top Pro 20 with North and South confrences starting in Leinster and Connacht, spanning down to Italy could work swimmingly!

Congratulations British people. The older, wiser people has done a massive favour for you. They could probably see through all the BS.
Honestly and I mean quite honestly the older generation people I know (65+) were honestly bigoted knobs who had no bloody clue alot what was actually happening or any of the consequences and didn't want to listen to any arguments at all. So yeah older and wiser my ass.

Also at the age I am now (I've been idependant from my parents for getting on a decade now) I don't need older people telling me what's best I'm perfectly capable at working that out for myself.

I'd believe that was the case if it was something like under 25's being out voted by older generations but reality is it's under 50's and this by far not our first rodeo.

FFR now questioning whether the UK rugby teams should be in next seasons Champions and Challenge Cups, Ireland are fine but doubts about England Scotland and Wales!!!!!!!!!!!
we will miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not April 1st is it?!!

Good lord - the doomsayers are having a field day less than 12 hours into the brave new world!!

Britain has enormous initiative, inventiveness and entrepreneurial ability within its population and, despite common belief, a hard working workforce.

UK will survive and adapt to the new dawn and will be able to take opportunities without requiring consensus from 27 other disparate countries after months of negotiations when the opportunity is lost....

The U.K. Import Market is HUGE for the remaining countries and no matter what the trite leaders may or may not want, they will not be allowed by their business and commercial interests to stuff it up for them! If they were to, then their economies would be even worse than they already are.......and the end of the EU project brought closer.

Little examples with big consequences:

- what would Spain do if they lost access for their fruit and veg? Has anyone noticed the vast quantity that is shipped to the UK?

- What are the Spanish and French fish lovers going to eat without access to British waters?

It is done, clause 50 leaving notification will be happening sooner rather than later!

Be optimistic.....and look for the opportunities!

Last edited:
Congratulations British people. The older, wiser people has done a massive favor for you. They could probably see through all the BS.
Hahahahahahaha oh my sides. The fallacy that age brings wisdom. Old and Wise people voting for something they neither fully understand or will have to deal with. Inter-generational equity will soon be at play here. Win or lose, the older generation got to take their principled stand against perceived infringement on their independence, while having to pay none of the costs. Ie people who are not stakeholders in a future without the EU (at least not to the extent of the young) get to decide that future. Wise old people vote as conservatively as possible, voting for pond scum like Farage. No change there. The great wheel turns but nothing changes.

Hey Groundhog isn't it legal to have a gay marriage in Ireland now?

Maybe you want to help me out here passport wise? ;)

In return I will tell Tigers to stop beating you at Thomond park.

You want a green card marriage? To be fair I'm not sure which would be more traumatic for me. Seeing the alphabet crew do a double on Munster, or our wedding night.

Still a member of EU you can still escape I doubt they'll deport any current legal residents (on both sides) when the brexit actually does occur their are family units they could potentially break up if they do.

It's not really been talked about but whilst were still a member of the EU we might even see and even greater influx of migrants trying to come over before we do break up.

Big mistake letting us have a referendum, we vote to elect mp's who in turn should make these important decisions, our economy will be screwed for the next 5 years now. So many people have used the vote as an anti immigration stick without thought for the economy.
It will now be harder for business to borrow this will have a negative effect on the job market over the foreseeable future.

Big mistake letting us have a referendum, we vote to elect mp's who in turn should make these important decisions, our economy will be screwed for the next 5 years now. So many people have used the vote as an anti immigration stick without thought for the economy.
It will now be harder for business to borrow this will have a negative effect on the job market over the foreseeable future.
Did someone hack valley commando's account? Very rare but I'm in complete agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

BBC reporting large movements against Corbyn, I can see why the 'lefties' who voted him (and overwhelmingly voted remain) in are feeling incredibly disenfranchised by his lack ofefforts and people in labor party are working hard to point that out (so is Tim Farron of the Lib Dems).

Thnk we'll different party leaders on both sides come Decembers.

Can we just join the Top 14?? Top Pro 20 with North and South confrences starting in Leinster and Connacht, spanning down to Italy could work swimmingly!

apparently this could happen "THEY ARE CONSIDERING ALL POSSIBILITIES" but the FFR are now saying only clubs that have won the Champions Cup in the last 5 years + of course Munster Leinster and Connaught!!!!!!!!!!!

Corbyn was always against the EU in his heart I don't know what labour expected him to be like TBH.
I think most people accept what he was going to be like over this but wanted an EU win regardless(as they pro him in most other areas). What this is, is the parliamentary party looking at it to seize their moment and oust the incredibly unpopular leader.

Someone like Chuka Umunna who withdrew from the pervious contest might be incredibly popular amongst areas feeling bad about this vote while moving the party partially back to the center while the Tory's lurch to the right.

What are the Spanish and French fish lovers going to eat without access to British waters?

there are still plenty of good fish in the Med!!!!!! and if all else fails it's going to be snails and chips or frogs legs and chips!!!!!!!!!!!

^^Trade with us (NZ and the rest of the commonwealth) and you''ll be just fine.;)

Whats scares me is that this shows that approx 48% of the uk are stupid liberal cucks. (its worse than I thought).

Its a crying shame that brexit only just scraped though.

Anyway boyos im off to peruse what the great NZ dollar can buy me from pommy land.....
The average person who uses the term liberal cucks non-ironically to mask the fact they don't know what's going on:

Last edited by a moderator:
- what would Spain do if they lost access for their fruit and veg? Has anyone noticed the vast quantity that is shipped to the UK?

Does that mean the UK will import all the rest of our fruit since half the fruit in the stores are already from South Africa?:p

Corbyn was always against the EU in his heart I don't know what labour expected him to be like TBH.

Corbyn is a ****. Corbyn always has been a ****. Allowing the 'activist left' to decide Labour leader was always going to be a disaster for everybody.

Nicola Sturgeon has already come out and said another independence referendum is likely and it promises to be closer than last time.

Sinn Fein will no doubt push for re-unification of Ireland and referendums on both sides of the border. While it may achieve a majority south of the border (although economically it would cripple the 26 counties), as long as there's a Unionist majority in Northern Ireland, that'll never come to pass in the north.

What are the effects on the city of London? Do we see a migration of business to Dublin or Edinburgh/Glasgow (should Scotland achieve independence)?

There was always going to be a shock to Sterling in the short term. Great for me seeing as I'll be in Belfast at the weekend. Their currency is now like monopoly money!

There goes Corbyn, motion of no confidence against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts