• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Wii Problem

I feel so ashamed to have ever touched, let alone owned a wii. It's probably the gayest thing I've ever done. My xbox 360 started to look at me funny too. I sold it after a week. The new owner then called me to say that it had blown up on him.

I would say the wii is great for Warcraft (WOW) players that want to experiment with a console. It is also for gays.

Just managed to order one of these while they popped briefly back into stock - are people still playing or has the novelty worn off a bit?

The bundle I've got only came with Sonic, so I shall be looking to add to my collection fairly shortly - any suggestions other than Zelda which is pretty much a cert anyway...
[/b]

twilight princess is basically a game cube port so maybe worth waiting for the first proper wii one to come out.

excite truck. not a very in-depth game but defintely one of the better wii games out currently. eledees something a bit different and I have heard you can trade levels over wiiconnect.
marvel ultimate alliance. can get a bit repetitive towards the end but does have 4 player multiplayer coop which is a blast.
monster 4x4. fairly fun arcarde driving game where you can do some cool stunts over the jumps and has some nice 4 player mini games like soccer dodgeball and deathmatch.

I haven't regretted getting my wii yet. it has just been a bit frustrating waiting for pal releases of games. things like metal slug anthology which I am bascialy dying for have been delayed for over 4 months and other big games like super paper mario don't even have a pal release date yet. in the next few months though some good games are coming out including the first online game mario strikers charged which I will most likely be getting. other ones to look forward to this year are no more heroes and nights 2. another frustrating thing espeically for me in australia has been getting things like nun-chucks that are seemingly not supplied very well in this part of the world. also even getting the games can be a hassle, I was in an eb a few weeks ago hoping to pick up another game but there was just no stock at all expect for things like open season which I doubt I will ever play.wii got off to a bit of slow start in pal areas but things seem to be finely picking up.

I've also read great things about Madden Wii (apart from the graphics) so may well look into that.

It looks to me like there is a bit of a lack of adult focused ***les at the moment, but the potential is there for some great games - especially golf and cricket etc once the developers get used to the console.

And to those saying it's gay... chicks love gay men right?! The perfect disguise...

I've always maintained that the Wii is a novelty. Nothing that holds my respect as a proper console; i mean why do i want to go swinging my arms around whilst playing a game? No, i've choesn to play some games, i don't want to have exercise as well. That's saved for when i go to the gym.

It looks to me like there is a bit of a lack of adult focused ***les at the moment, but the potential is there for some great games - especially golf and cricket etc once the developers get used to the console.

And to those saying it's gay... chicks love gay men right?! The perfect disguise...
[/b]

for now yes but games like no more heroes will change that which are designed for the adult market

I would say the wii is great for Warcraft (WOW) players that want to experiment with a console. It is also for gays.
[/b]

Your mum's gay. And so is her face for that matter.

I'm loving it so far. Sure, there's only one or two brilliant ***les so far but that looks set to change once the developers have got the hang of it. I've been quite impressed with how natural some of the games feel so far, it bodes well for the future. Many promising ***les in the works :)

There are some good games that are coming for the Wii over the next few months so it is going to be far more than a novelty. Mario Strikers is one game that has just recently come out which shows how the controller can be used effectively without feeling like a gimic.

I definitely don't think the Wii is a novelty. People said the same things about the DS.

I've had mine about a month now, and whilst I am presumably still in the 'honeymoon' period, I'm pretty convinced that whilst the novelty will wear off, the quality of games should more than compensate.

Take wii sports as an example. With very basic graphics, the game could easily just have been taken as an introduction to potential control schemes - with EA etc potentially developing each sport into an individual ***le.

What I've found, is that even as a free bundled ***le, there is actually a surprising amount of depth to the game, with the possible exception of boxing. At first it is obviously easy to pick up and play, but I am still learning the finer points of spin and control in most of the sports, and still feel there is a lot on offer.

Now imagine a game which focused on one sport and introduced better graphics and even more control variables and you have the potential for some very engrossing gameplay. Sure, the graphics will never be as good as the PS3 or 360, but the control has a lot of mileage still. It's not going to be as relevant for some genres, but I feel that if developers work hard to use the full capabilities of the system, the lifespan of this console could potentially be massive.

Its taken bold step in a new direction good for gaming, the others produce the same old .... and im not a nintendo fan.

Latest posts