Acclaim Entertainment Inc nears bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by Boy, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Boy

Boy Guest

Read this on wrestleview.com:

- Acclaim Entertainment Inc., which has made many pro wrestling games for the WWF, ECW and most recently the Legends of Wrestling franchise, is nearing bankruptcy. The company stated in a release that it may be forced to seek bankruptcy protection or shut down completely if they can't get a new bank to finance them. They posted a reported US$25.4 million loss in the last quarter.

Of course, it's Acclaim who have distributed WCR, although it's Swordfish who developed it. I wonder if this is going to have a bearing on WCR2, or if Swordfish will have to find another distributor.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. sanzar

sanzar Guest

They said WCR 2 is already in production so I don't know what they plan on doing... Maybe the deal has already be done and the game gets made even if Acclain goes down before it's release?

4. Wally

Wally Guest

What was more likely to come out first, Rugby 2005 or WCR2?

5. Probably Rugby 2005.

I can see that being out September ish.

6. robbinho

robbinho Guest

For it to come out in September, it would have needed to have been originally scheduled for last week.

[​IMG]

7. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Yeah September 2005 [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Serge

Serge Guest

rugby 2004 came out in 2003 [​IMG]

9. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

I was only joking [​IMG]

I'm sure someone got it...............Anyone???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

I got it. I praise your efforts but the result wasn't very good.

11. I did mate, don't worry about it.... for the first time in my life I understood a Welshman! [​IMG]

12. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

The first time for everything mate [​IMG]

13. most of ea sports titles are released a year earlier than the name suggest madden 2004 last year...nba 2004 last year so will it be the same for rugby??

14. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Ian/Trev... Any comments?

15. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

wot whether or no they understand a Welshman?? [​IMG]

16. It wasn't a good game.

17. Wally

Wally Guest

You don't say

18. mikeeboy

mikeeboy Guest

I think EA's rugby game is on a 2 year cycle so doubt if there'll be a 2005 version, it'll prob be 2006 version released Sept/Oct 2005.

19. -JJ-

-JJ- Guest

Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe even a bit earlier as I think I saw some where Rugby was going to be on a 18 month cycle. It will be called 2006 anyway.

20. umosay

umosay Guest

gameplanet said rugby 2005 will be released in march 2005, which probly means september... the more work on it the better

21. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Thats a bit weird for it to be called Rugby 2005 then isn't it? Don't they always title the game with the following year of it's release?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!