Advice on client service in the UK

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hi chaps,

At the beginning of the month I ordered a study book from an international retailer with the Europe HQ situated in London.

My delivery arrived late and I noticed it was incomplete. The book starts at page 31, so I'm missing chapter 1.

I contacted the retailer explaining the situation asking for a full refund or a complete copy of the book I ordered.

In order to get one of both options done, it's required that I send the incomplete book back at my expense.

Is this the usual way of dealing or is this a massive rip off?

All feedback is highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Hi chaps,

At the beginning of the month I ordered a study book from an international retailer with the Europe HQ situated in London.

My delivery arrived late and I noticed it was incomplete. The book starts at page 31, so I'm missing chapter 1.

I contacted the retailer explaining the situation asking for a full refund or a complete copy of the book I ordered.

In order to get one of both options done, it's required that I send the incomplete book back at my expense.

Is this the usual way of dealing or is this a massive rip off?

All feedback is highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

I imagine you'll find reference to this in the 'terms of service' of the company.

B to A service is very sketchy, with lots of loopholes, as there's generally different laws regarding 'guarantees' etc in different countries. (Although within two European Countries, they should be the same (It's when you deal with countries outside the EU things get reeeally tricky)).

If you're using a proxy company such as Amazon to deal with the other company, then you should be covered for returns (unless stated otherwise).

If not, then I expect you're going to have to 'bite the bullet' on this one, and hope they send a voucher or something as a sign of good faith, to cover the postage required. (No company wants to get a bad reputation, especially if they're trading abroad).

Hope that helped.

Oh, one more thing. When dealing with the company, no matter how frustrated you may become, always be extremely polite and apologetic if needed. They're far more likely to do more to help someone they like, than someone who gets 'demanding' (not saying you were, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of 'creeping' now and again if it does the job ;) )

Last edited: