• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AFL LIVE PREMIERSHIP EDITION for XBOX

A

abes58

So I finally got my hands on this game. Not great but good enough. One thing that has been driving me crazy is that when the AI marks and has a shot at goal they do the standard walk/run up and kick as you see all the time in Footy. Problem being when I mark and have a go at goal I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone know how to do the run up for a kick for goal from a mark?

Also why do all my bleedin torpedos hook left?

Thanks for the help in advance!

dude dont go away for 30mins

i need to know why its 'good enough'

everyone i spoke to said its utter shite

this 'good enough' remark has re-sparked my urge

compared to previous versions - how does it play

speed, sound etc

what would you rate madden, pes4, JLR, rugby 2005, and AFL2004

Well when I say it's good I had low expectations because everyone said it was shite. I've never played any earlier versions (hard to come by in Canada) but it's a solid enough game if you're a fan of the sport. That thing I mentioned above about not being able to do a run up to a kick at goal has me annoyed at the moment. and all my torps hooking is a pisser.

The commentary is awful (throw on some tunes in the background and hit mute) and the animation that runs when the AI makes a climb up catch is predictable but hey it is what it is. A solid ***le that I would compare to World Championship Rugby.

If you like the sport you'll have a good time (especially with a couple mates) but it's not in the same league as Madden or Lara cricket.

Originally posted by abes58@Sep 23 2005, 03:41 PM
Well when I say it's good I had low expectations because everyone said it was shite. I've never played any earlier versions (hard to come by in Canada) but it's a solid enough game if you're a fan of the sport. That thing I mentioned above about not being able to do a run up to a kick at goal has me annoyed at the moment. and all my torps hooking is a pisser.

The commentary is awful (throw on some tunes in the background and hit mute) and the animation that runs when the AI makes a climb up catch is predictable but hey it is what it is. A solid ***le that I would compare to World Championship Rugby.

If you like the sport you'll have a good time (especially with a couple mates) but it's not in the same league as Madden or Lara cricket.
i'll rent it first then

coz the SWANS are going to win the prem, and i am on the bandwagon, i was keen on slapping this all night tonite for a appetiser to the real thing tomorrow

cheers abes

Originally posted by abes58@Sep 23 2005, 03:41 PM

The commentary is awful (throw on some tunes in the background and hit mute)
<
I just saw an ad for it on TV and the had the commentary going, and your right... thats down there with Rugby 2004 in so far as commentary and the graphics are sub par at best. Rugby League 2 shits on this game easily.

Originally posted by abes58@Sep 26 2005, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have an answer to my original question?
nobody has it abes

its reputation is very bad, hence too risky to buy before rent

Originally posted by ak47+Sep 25 2005, 06:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 25 2005, 06:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-abes58
@Sep 26 2005, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have an answer to my original question?
nobody has it abes

its reputation is very bad, hence too risky to buy before rent [/b]
curses!

Latest posts