• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All BLack Team for WC Final

If the ABs reach the final, here is my team. See what you think and then post your best team.

Props - Haymen, Woodcock
Hooker - Mealamu
Locks - Jack, Williams
Flankers - McCaw, Collins
No.8 - Soaialo

Halfback - Leonard
1st 5 - Mccallister
2nd 5 - Toeava
Centre - Mils
Fullback - Howlett
Wings - Joe, Sivivatu [/b]

do you even remember how mccalister played at first at international level? he was a mess trying to score every time he got the ball and only succeeding in giving the ball away. carters ten times as good as mccalister even when hes not at his best.

<div class='quotemain'>
If the ABs reach the final, here is my team. See what you think and then post your best team.

Props - Haymen, Woodcock
Hooker - Mealamu
Locks - Jack, Williams
Flankers - McCaw, Collins
No.8 - Soaialo

Halfback - Leonard
1st 5 - Mccallister
2nd 5 - Toeava
Centre - Mils
Fullback - Howlett
Wings - Joe, Sivivatu [/b]

do you even remember how mccalister played at first at international level? he was a mess trying to score every time he got the ball and only succeeding in giving the ball away. carters ten times as good as mccalister even when hes not at his best.

[/b][/quote]

agreed, as mentioned previously and corrected, the only way carter will not wear number 10 in the final is if he's dead

1. Woodcock
2. Oliver
3. Hayman
4. Williams
5. Robinson
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. So'oialo

9. Kelleher
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. McAlister
13. Toeava
14. Rocokoko
15. Muliaina

16. Somerville (if he's not fit, then Tialata)
17. Mealamu
18. Jack
19. Lauaki
20. Leonard
21. Evans
22. Howlett

It was hard to decide whether to start Williams or bring him off the bench as impact.He's a monster off the bench usually, but I decided to start him.
The 3rd back bench spot was also another tough one, but I went with Howlett. He's got 43 tries for a reason :p

1. Woodcock
2. Oliver
3. Hayman
4. Jack
5. Robinson
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. Masoe

9. Kelleher
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. McAlister
13. Smith
14. Rockoko
15. Muliania

16. Mealamu
17. Sommerville
18. Williams
19. So'oialo
20. Leonard
21. Evans
22. Toeava/Howlett

I must say, New Zealand would be somewhat screwed if Kelleher gets injured before the knockout stages.

I must say, New Zealand would be somewhat screwed if Kelleher gets injured before the knockout stages.
[/b]

Actually most kiwi's are looking at that as a good thing :cheers:

See that most have toeava over smith in the centre. Would have to disagree. From what I've seen smith appears to possess the all round game required at 13, with his silky running, good ball handling skills and tackling ability.

Having said that, toeava is obviously a very decent prospect though still a bit raw.

woodcock

mealamu

hayman

Jack

Robinson

Collins

McCaw

Soiolo

Kelleher

Carter

Sivi

Mauger

Smith

Howlett

Mils

Somervile

Oliver

Williams

Laukai

Lenoard

Mcalister

Toava

1. Woodcock
2. Oliver
3. Hayman
4. Jack
5. Robinson
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. Masoe

9. Kelleher
10. Carter
11. Lomu
12. McAlister
13. Smith
14. Rockoko
15. Muliania

16. Mealamu
17. Sommerville
18. Williams
19. So'oialo
20. Leonard
21. Evans
22. Toeava

Carter is over-rated. The only thing he does great is kick for goal. His kicking in general play is adequate. Defense is solid but not great. Attack is non existant and passing about standard for a test 5-eigth.

He's been made to look godd for many years because he's had great forwards in front of him, and very fast backs outside him. Shutdown the forwards and he'll either kick it away of hand it off to a centre to get smashed....every time.

If Argentina (my roughie for RWC) dominate in the forwards in the QF, then don't be surprised if NZ are on an early flight.

Flame me all you want, but the Pumas are in great form and could (should?) cause the upset to end all upsets.

Cheers,
Rusty

lol

Carter isn't over rated.. He's just not in good form. But even so, he's piling on the points. Last 2 matches against Australia and the Boks, he put on 20+ points against each team. So that tells you he's finding some form.

He's scored tries against every team he's played against, except for the Pacific Islands team.

He's scored 20 tries. Only 8 other All Blacks have scored more tries, and that's putting him up there with great names like Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu, Jeff Wilson, Tana Umaga, Doug Howlett, Joe Rokocoko, and John Kirwan. Justin Marshall is 8th, but I'm sure Carter will pass his try scoring record soon.
So to say he's only good at goal kicking is just stupid.

Carter will pass Grant Fox in terms of most points scored for an All Black, in the RWC. Most probably in his first game. He only needs 10 points to pass Fox. Considering Carter on average scores 15 points per game, that shouldn't be a problem, especially in pool play.

1. Woodcock
2. Oliver
3. Hayman
4. Williams
5. Robinson
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. So'oialo
9. Kelleher
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. McAlister