• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 10th 2010

New Zealand to win every game in the Tri-Nations, go into the World Cup as clear favorites, then lose in the semi-finals? Peaking too early again?

If we lost people would be saying that we had now lost to South Africa four times in a row and did not like world cup winners. I'm not too worried about the world cup right now, I just want to win the Tri- Nations.

Aye, John Smit is kak bla bla bla

What the hell is that picture on the top right of every TRF thread, the one with the team sky cyclist?

Last edited:
Only been one team on the field in this one.

Is anyone else really looking forward to SavageLes' excuses?

Only been one team on the field in this one.

Is anyone else really looking forward to SavageLes' excuses?

That is why I logged on, and especially considering Zane Kirchner has been one of the best players for the Boks tonight, hasn't put a foot wrong and bumped heaps of tackles. I don't know why everyone hates him so much.

Yeah, but South Africa are going to win the world cup. :p

50 metre rolling maul against the Boks, wow, everything people thought the Boks were masters at, the lineout, rolling maul, the breakdown, they have been completely dominated in.

What is it now? 3 tries - 0.

The worst part of this result is the ammo it is going to give to certain posters to attack the apparent quota players :(

Cue SavageLez

"Me, being Scottish and thus a neatral, can say that we were beaten because of..."

50 metre rolling maul against the Boks, wow, everything people thought the Boks were masters at, the lineout, rolling maul, the breakdown, they have been completely dominated in.

What is it now? 3 tries - 0.

Yep, only Steyn is scoring for the Boks

Yeah, but South Africa are going to win the world cup. :p :p

Overall conclusion as i have to leave soon.
Great game by the AB's: Weepu, Mils, Jane, B. Franks, Carter and McCaw played a very good game.
If they can keep this up they will win the Tri Nations cup this year.

Certainly no comeback on the cards now!

Does this mean, being as they conceded less, that Ireland and Wales are better then South Africa? [/sarcasm]

I reckon we will start hearing, Boks have won 3 out of 4 encounters in the last few matches.

Good excuse.

32-12, demolished.

The Springboks were a disgrace to rugby and to South Africa. Smit proved that he is a fat, over-paid piece of ****. Quota players and useless captaincy ruined that game and I don't see the Springboks winning the tri-nations nor the World Cup.
Gurthro Steenkamp proved that he has just been on a lucmky streak. His scrumming was horrifying and general play was poor.

The ABs first penalty was a result of a useless Kirchner kick.

The ABs first try was the result of a useless Januarie kick.

Kieran Read's try was the result of Kirchner and Januarie being equally useless in defence. These two are most of the reason why we lost.

Smit is a useless player and a useless captain. Going for goal when we are twenty points behind shows how stupid his attitude is. He captained the Sharks to scoring the least amount of tries two Super 14's in a row. How can you go for goal when you are 20 points behind? How? He is fat, he can't tackle and he can't scrum and he screwed up our line-out. Doesn't deserve to be in the squad.

Bakkies Botha is a disgrace to the Springbok jersey. I never want to see him in a Springbok jersey ever again. He finds it impossible to not get cards and constantly gives away penalties. He doesn't deserve to make his living from rugby as he is bringing Springok rugby into disrepute.

I mentioned earlier how Januarie is to blame for two tries, and he is also to blame for his all-round uselessness. What does he do? The only reason you people think he isn't bad is because of his skin colour. Wether you admit it or not, because he is of colour, your expectations of him and all the other quota players are so low that when they don't completely ruin everything, you think it's a good game.

Then we've got the slowest back-line in international rugby. Bryan Habana is the only guy with a bit of wheels. Jean de Villiers, despite being a good player, is not fast enough to be a wing.
And Kirchner. The biggest embarrasment to the Springbok jersey. Doesn't deserve to be in the Springboks nor the Bulls. He is a joke of a player and there is not one area of rugby that he is good at. He sucks at absolutely everything he does. He is the worst defender in the team and has never done anything worth mentioning in his entire career.

What should happen:

Steenkamp, Smit, Jannie, Bakkies, Januarie and Kirchner need to be dropped. Jean de Villiers must go back to centre and either van den Heever, Francois Hougaard, Gio Aplon or Lionel Mapoe must go to the wing. Then, Francois Steyn, Riaan Viljoen or Gio Aplon must go to fullback.

Victor Matfield must captain the Springboks as Smit with his stupid attitude is going to get us nowhere, just like he proved with the Sharks.

Latest posts