• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Ireland Championships 2014

Cracking match between Kilkenny and Limerick so far. (On Sky Sports 3 for anyone who wants and can to see top class hurling, I'd recommend it!)

Limerick playing great hurling and Kilkenny are an unbelievable side staying with them without performing fantastically. Shane Dowling is a fantastic performer.

Last edited:
Considering conditions it's been magical. Would love to see Limerick get back level and really make this Kilkenny team go to the well again.

Limerick have never had any bottle in my lifetime.

Kilkenny saved the ref, not giving a penalty and a second yellow for that trip by O'Grady was scandalous.

Kilkenny just wont **** off, will they?

Limerick have never had any bottle in my lifetime.

Kilkenny saved the ref, not giving a penalty and a second yellow for that trip by O'Grady was scandalous.

Kilkenny just wont **** off, will they?

Limerick's half-back line weren't good enough today and they still lost only on a flukey goal, they have an All Ireland in them and I would like to see it, nice hurling team.

Limerick's half-back line weren't good enough today and they still lost only on a flukey goal, they have an All Ireland in them and I would like to see it, nice hurling team.

Agreed but on opposite how awesome were the full back line. But agree with Feic had Limerick won there'd have been war at ref for that incident

Kilkenny don't appear to have much cutting edge in the full forward line though. The breed of hurler they've been developing over the past decade hasn't been the nippy Carter/Carey style player who is going to get you a goal out of nothing, but rather a stronger player who can win his own ball.

Well who in football so have a team that makes it so much tougher than hurling.
Ok you listed last 6 but when Kerry did 5 in row would that have meant hurling was more competitive?

Again you can't prove point 1 bit. And just because you won an AI 6 years ago doesn't mean your in hunt now so again I will look forward to your evidence. And fact on this forum no one seems to agree with you or think your a troll will also let me add in either put up valuable facts.

Fact there's 6 winners means nothing.
Teams competing well in Football I've listed teams that are serious it's about quality not quantity.
And it's called a Hurley not hurling stick so maybe it shows you actually don't know much about sport and can't judge???

When did Kerry do 5 in a row? In an era when facing an Ulster team was an equivalent of a bye. So win Munster they were in the final. The qualifiers work in football because of the depth of the competition...so many good teams don't even make the last 8. In hurling it's 8 teams in total...and in there are some minor GAA counties.

Oh I definitely know very litte about hurling, won't deny that for a second. It doesn't get much attention in the north. It's seen as a game played by those in the very south of the country. Never took off here for whatever reason.

When did Kerry do 5 in a row? In an era when facing an Ulster team was an equivalent of a bye. So win Munster they were in the final. The qualifiers work in football because of the depth of the competition...so many good teams don't even make the last 8. In hurling it's 8 teams in total...and in there are some minor GAA counties.

Oh I definitely know very litte about hurling, won't deny that for a second. It doesn't get much attention in the north. It's seen as a game played by those in the very south of the country. Never took off here for whatever reason.

Sorry they nearly did but won 7 in 9 years in late 70s early 80s. But you can't twist it to suit yourself.
Can I ask did Ulster not have teams then. Yes or No?
Can I ask what good teams in football didn't make last 8?
In football you seem to think it so much more competitive but why is it so 3/4 teams are miles ahead of rest?

And whatever championship you watch I'd love to see. Like you make it out the northern teams make it 100 times more competitive when obviously they don't. Yes Donegal are good and I'd add Monaghan (despite being hammered) as good but rest aren't even near serious competitors in same legue as Mayo Dublin or Kerry.

Regards qualifiers maybe you see hurling structure a lot different set up regards qualifiers and nice to know 1 person thinks all Ulster football pre 2000 was waste of time and talent. (I don't agree with it) but that is what your effectively saying or will you twist it again?

Last edited:
Does anyone else get the feeling that Simon just desperately resents anything that takes an ounce of oxygen away from his beloved slave slaughtering, money laundering, mafia run sport of soccer? I reckon it probably also annoys him that soccer divides Ireland, unlike Rugby which is an 'All Ireland' game.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Simon just desperately resents anything that takes an ounce of oxygen away from his beloved slave slaughtering, money laundering, mafia run sport of soccer? I reckon it probably also annoys him that soccer divides Ireland, unlike Rugby which is an 'All Ireland' game.

100% agree although I'm still waiting for him to come back with another way to twist things in this thread

He reminds me an awful lot of an Australian soccer fan. Insists on calling the sport football in spite of it being silly to do so in his domestic context, intensely imperial and zealous in his support of the game, and utterly intolerant and resentful of other sports in his country that have captured the public imagination more effectively.

Funnily enough, it's people like him that turn so many people off the game over here.

"And Seamus Callanan has delivered on the biggest stage of them all, an All Ireland semi-final." Well done Marty!

Incredible player though, I see him getting another goal or two in this.

Enjoying this one so far. The sport still amazes me in so many ways

Different sport, same issues. Cork missed a few easy shots for points. Should be clear at this point.

Latest posts