• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Am I too small for college Rugby?

I agree with most of these guys. If you follow the best teams in the world, the key is fitness,fitness,fitness. Learn and understand how to tackle correctly and let the coach do his job. If you show that you are fit and assertive, any coach would be pleased to have you.

You're never too small for American college Rugby
Yeah, we take 'em all sizes. It's good to just have dedicated Ruggers who show up to training, work on their fitness and strength outside of training, and aren't drunk half the time acting like retards. Different schools here in the US have different rugby cultures. Some are quite good, others are just an excuse to binge drink and fight. Stay away from the latter, they base their rugby off of 1979 as that's the last time their coach pulled his head out of his ass to learn anything new about the sport. If I sound biased, it's 'cause I am. :)
California, however, has some of the best rugby in the US. So, our new friend here should do well.

You might want to cut down on the weight a bit. You sound like you might end up playing prop and scrums are a funny competition but also dangerous. Cut down your weight and try to get a start on the wing.

For him to make a successful transition to wing he'll have to cut like 2.5 stone and that's asking a lot from a new player. I think prop sounds about right but who knows...he may have some latent talent that will allow him to wear the no. 9 or 10 jersey as well.

Yeah, we take 'em all sizes. It's good to just have dedicated Ruggers who show up to training, work on their fitness and strength outside of training, and aren't drunk half the time acting like retards. Different schools here in the US have different rugby cultures. Some are quite good, others are just an excuse to binge drink and fight. Stay away from the latter, they base their rugby off of 1979 as that's the last time their coach pulled his head out of his ass to learn anything new about the sport. If I sound biased, it's 'cause I am. :)
California, however, has some of the best rugby in the US. So, our new friend here should do well.

Yes, also UTAH schools play some of the most skillful collegiate rugby I've seen.

Latest posts