Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Pool1: Harlequins, Connacht, Bayonne, Cavalieri Prato

Pool 2: Sale Sharks, Brive, Petrarca, Cetransa El Salvador

Pool 3: Bourgoin, Newcastle Falcons, Montpellier, Exeter Chiefs

Pool 4: Stade Francais, Rugby Parma, Leeds Carnegie, Bucuresti Oaks

Pool 5: Gloucester, Agen, Rovigo, La Rochelle

Never heard of Petrarca or Cetransa El Salvador, Brive are beatable though, so seems a decent enough group

Petrarca are Italian and El Salvador are Spanish. They're both awful, should take 10 points from each of them.

Hurrar,
Last time we met with brive we won 40-odd to 20-odd, though that was 2 years ago, when we still had Lobbe, McAllister and Chabal in the squad

Groups 2 and 5 seem to be the easiest groups this year.
I can imagnie Exeter causing an upset in group 3

Pool 1 and 3 look the hardest to call, I'd have Gloucester as slight favourites to be no.1 seeds purely because we don't yet know what to expect from Paris, they're too inconsistent but if this season is anything to go by then it could well prove to be their best route back into the Heineken Cup, not too many sides from the Heineken Cup would fancy a trip to Paris for a one off game in the knockout stages.

by getting promoted, every Premiership side plays some sort of European rugby.

I agreem, however with the Heineken cup groups being so tough I can see one of the heineken teams winning it.

If a heineken cup team wins it again like can people think it kinda a bit unfair on the likes of Connacht who in all fairness can't compete seriously with teams on sweet budgets

I agree Personally I don't think heineken cup teams should be allowed to just drop into the challenge. It's almost like a safety net fot heineken cup teams which really isn't fair on the challenge teams. Personally I think if your out your out.

I predict Quins, Brive, Montpellier, Stade, Gloucester to win their respective groups, although there's no guarantee in any group but Gloucester's in my opinion.
With any luck quins can rediscover their form of 2008/9, because this is a competition we can win.

Latest posts