• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another rugby game being made

Mean!!! those shots are looking great! So glad that the game is being made in NZ!

Tell me more, tell me more!!! :D So excited!!!

woah this looks promising and now we have got 2 rugby games to look forward to next year awesome

Competition is great! This will encourage both developers to make the best possible game! End of the day us the consumers will win as we have 2 games to choose from. I will be buying both though. :)

i just read this on stuff then had to come straigh here.

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! i cant wait to find out how this and HB's game line up with each other.

and on PC as well, excellent!

definitely good news that it's coming out on pc especially for those that don't have a 360 or ps3 and were feeling a bit left out on rugby 2012.

Good to see competition emerging, hopefully this will spur HB on to make the game as good as possible, so we will hopefully end up with two great rugby games

If this game uses the same engine as is used in Rugby League = Fail.

Do you mean Rugby League or Rugby League Live? If you mean Rugby League, that was PS2, so no. If you mean Rugby League Live, well that game wasn't developed by Sidhe, but by Big Ant. So, maybe it's possible, but we can't really say that just now. It's just a big "don't know" as of now.

Even if it was the Rugby League Live engine, we don't know the technical characteristics of that engine, so we can't know if it can be better utilised than it was, which in my opinion wasn't too bad. I felt that Rugby League Live just had a few small issues that were more related to the way it was programmed rather than the engine.

With a few small tweaks RLL would be amazing. It's very, very good as it is.

With a few small tweaks RLL would be amazing. It's very, very good as it is.

I wouldn't know, cause im still waiting for my copy from play.com :( :( (been a week and two days now.....
anyways can't wait to see more info from both games
Fifa v Pes competition here we come :D

Will Rugby Challenge have the kind of player controllability that EA's rugby ***les and Rugyb League Live have displayed? I obviously feel EA's have been the best, but Rugby League Live was very responsive also. As you know from feedback over the years that controllability of players has been one of the issues that people seized on with Rugby League 2 and apparently it got somewhat (or significantly I don't know) better on Rugby League 3 on the Wii. It's one of those issues that has mattered to people.

There were certainly mixed feelings about the move towards a more realistic, simulation style game in RL2. There were large improvements made with respect to animation and control responsiveness in RL3.

Controls and animation are two areas getting a large overhaul from us in Rugby Challenge, and we are bringing a lot of new technology and know how to the table. Some insights into what we are doing in this area will be revealed in the months ahead.

Hey Mario, without giving too much away, have you used the services of any real Rugby experts when developing the animations used for Rucks, mauls, set pieces etc?...

Hey Mario, without giving too much away, have you used the services of any real Rugby experts when developing the animations used for Rucks, mauls, set pieces etc?...

We are working with both coaches and players on that sort of thing, both on a consulting basis as well as practically via motion capture.

More importantly Mario, do you need anyone (me) to come and test out the game before it's release? Haha

It's worth a shot! :p

More importantly Mario, do you need anyone (me) to come and test out the game before it's release? Haha

We regularly expose our ***les to consumers via our usability testing. See here for details on how to apply http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40943 We also occassionally have the need for contract quality assurance testers.

Of course, either way, you'll be required to sign an NDA and won't be able to discuss your experiences.

HAHA!, yeah, hook us up Muzz!.:)

Well, I should warn you, because of the nature of usability testing, we only ever use an individual test subject on a specific game once. The longer you leave it, the closer to the end product you'd be able to get your hands on.

Well I can wait till closer to the end of development, I'll be ready when the time is right, just let me know when that best time is.:)

Latest posts