• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any people play games online?

I sometimes play Unreal Tournament Online at the Netcafe, my computer would probably explode if I tried to install it at home

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 15 2004, 10:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 15 2004, 10:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 15 2004, 11:31 PM
PC

Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942

PS2

Killzone &.... thats preety much it until NBA 2K5 comes out
normal counter strike or source? source is mint
<
[/b]
Never heard of this Counterstrike Source, Whats different from ordinary Counterstrike?

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 15 2004, 09:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 15 2004, 09:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 15 2004, 10:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 15 2004, 11:31 PM
PC

Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942

PS2

Killzone &.... thats preety much it until NBA 2K5 comes out

normal counter strike or source? source is mint
<
Never heard of this Counterstrike Source, Whats different from ordinary Counterstrike? [/b]
It uses the new Souce engine, the one they use in Half-Life 2.

What's the deal with Counterstrike?

Did a new one come out with Half Life 2?

Do you have to buy Half Life 2 to get the new Counterstrike?

I'm thinking about getting an online FPS, maybe an upgrade of my graphics card would be the way to go rather than with SOCOM2. I'm not sure how good a FPS could get using a console controller.

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 22 2004, 04:56 PM
What's the deal with Counterstrike?

Did a new one come out with Half Life 2?

Do you have to buy Half Life 2 to get the new Counterstrike?

I'm thinking about getting an online FPS, maybe an upgrade of my graphics card would be the way to go rather than with SOCOM2. I'm not sure how good a FPS could get using a console controller.
Yeah an updated Counter-Strike came out wit HL2. The game is normal CS run on the Half-Life 2 engine. It's part of an account on 'steam', the network for HL2 and it's various games. I'm pretty sure you have to get HL2 (maybe even the collectors edition) to get all the other games that come with HL2, which include -

-Half-Life
-Counter-Strike
-Half-Life 2
-Counter-Strike:Source
-Half-Life 2 DeathMatch
-Day of Defeat:Source

I've been playing the old CS since version 1.4, which started about 2 or 3 years ago... it's damn fun, and even better when your mates play it. Half-Life 2 is of course very high quality and requires a pretty good system to run to potentiol.

i thought Counter strike was up to 1.6 as i notice u can download that for free by getting stream.

yeah counterstrike is up to 1.6 and i think you need steam to play nowdays. I think you might haveto buy hl 2 to get counterstrik source

Soo, how do I get Counterstrike? Is it a free download? How do I get Steam?

Stupid Telecom. Had a date of connection for today, but phoned up and found out it could be as late as some time January... And as my dial up account is running out soon I may have a little 'holiday' until they connect the broadband.

yep i think it is free i haven't tried it but i am sure it is as quoted from the site "Steam v1.0 Client including Counter Strike v1.6"
http://www.soft32.com/download_2541.html

This is interesting that u need stream as i looked at gamespy acrade and they seemed to have a ton of ppl.

Well I've got broadband and PS2 online now, handle is jjtu. Only game I've got online is Hardware:Online Arena, I'll get ESPN NFL when it comes out.

Hardware Online is preety fun, think I might have it lying around under my bed somewhere, either that or else I sold it.

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 10 2004, 04:09 PM
PC

Playing now:
CS:Source
Half-Life Deathmatch

Use to play:
Counter Strike
Battlefield 1942/Battlefield Vietnam
Star wars Battlefront
Age of Mythology
Warcraft 3

Battlefield 2 isn't far away so i'll probably get that
I play

PC:

Rome Total War
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Rise of Nations
Battlefield 1942
NHL 2004

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jan 1 2005, 09:28 PM
hmm lots of people play Wolfenstein ET, should download it again.
You should, it's really good, especially for a free download. You can always find an active server very easily as well, which is always a bonus.

I bought a fake CS Source but i dunno how to crack it... the only games im playing on the PC at the moment are Rugby and Battlefeild 1942/ DC.... the CS 1.6 was pritty cool, i had it before but i dunno where it went. It had fa-mas' and sheilds
<

**** ive been kicking arse on call of duty lately i just got 156 kills and 46 deaths in a round! my names 'look whos back to kick sum ass'
<
for anyone tha wants to know

o and i just got 498 000 points in a single drift on need for speed underground

Latest posts