• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZAC DAY TEST - New Zealand vs Australia

  • Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
in my eyes this will be the most anticipated test match

League: English ref gets the nod for Anzac test

20.04.06
By Peter Jessup


The Australians have agreed to a neutral referee for the Anzac test with the appointment of Steve Ganson from England.

Ganson took the Tri-Nations final last year, won 24-0 by New Zealand.

Kiwis coach Brian McClennan is happy with his appointment for the May 5 test at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

The only Englishman refereeing in the NRL, Russell Smith, was considered out of form and was not nominated by the English Rugby League, which put forward Ganson, Carl Kirkpatrick and Ashley Klein as options.

Ganson is widely considered to be the best in the Super League, and the New Zealand Rugby League referee's boss Ian Mackintosh opted for him, with Australian Rugby League secretary Geoff Carr agreeing to the choice yesterday.

Mackintosh has appointed Craig Pascoe as the New Zealand touch judge. The Aussies are yet to determine theirs and also to name the video reviewer who will share duties with Mackintosh.

Meanwhile, Pascoe and Christchurch referee Glen Black have been granted Prime Minister's scholarships of $10,000 each to further their international opportunities. Black will go to Super League for a second time later this season and Pascoe is to attend the NRL referee's school.

* Two more prospective Kiwis sit out this weekend's NRL round with injury, joining Tigers Benji Marshall and Dene Halatau and Warriors Jerome Ropati and Manu Vatuvei. Roosters centre Iosaia Soliola has a knee problem and Tony Puletua has a rib cartilage tear.

[/b]

link:nzherald.co.nz

in my eyes this will be the most anticipated test match in rugby league
many factors why is because of the trinations victory to nz and ricky stuarts appointment as head coach after he spewed up all over wayne bennets efforts in the uk...

post all info here leading up to da game...coz its gonna be a big one in my eyes,coach mclennon has installed some much needed confidence into the kiwi jersey now..last year was no fluke,but much heart and from the publics view a very determined kiwi outfit and a coach who was fully focused on the task

i know its 2weeks away..but this is gonna be the biggest challenge for us now,if we can back up our victory lastyear..i know we can
 
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
ahhh..trination champions we are

its gud that we register points when we get beat down tho...

uhh..24 - 0? hahahhaha
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by Zambaman@Apr 21 2006, 12:12 PM
How is this an ANZAC day test when it's being played on May 5? :unsure:
top question

stupid NRL

they now have a club match on ANZAC Day.

i'd rather have no fixtures so i dont miss any footy whilst draining my liver with beer and fattening my wallet on 2-up.

The TEST should be on the the 1st friday after ANZAC day
 
T

The TRUTH

Guest
It makes sense to play the game on Anzac Day....... i think it would be a better game for it to.

Essendon and Collingwood have showed for years how successful Anzac Day games can be and how much passion it creates when you have the last post and the minutes silence before a big game of footy.

90,000+ tickets sold over two weeks ago shows how popular a Anzac day game is for AFL and how popular it could be for the NRL.

make it happen.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 21 2006, 05:20 PM
It makes sense to play the game on Anzac Day....... i think it would be a better game for it to.

Essendon and Collingwood have showed for years how successful Anzac Day games can be and how much passion it creates when you have the last post and the minutes silence before a big game of footy.

90,000+ tickets sold over two weeks ago shows how popular a Anzac day game is for AFL and how popular it could be for the NRL.

make it happen.
What are you talking about Truth? The NRL have an anzac day clash between the Roosters and Dragons every year. I know, I've been to the last 2 and they always pack out the grownds up here as well! Great games to watch!
 
T

The TRUTH

Guest
I meant the Anzac Test on Anzac day would be sweet......especially if you hold it at Telstra Stadium every year.

80,000 ppl ,the last post followed by a minutes silence to add to the emotion of the day ....... then blow the whistle and let em smash the **** out of each other in true Anzac spirit ;)

Why wouldn't you have an Anzac test on Anzac day......it just makes sense.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 21 2006, 06:49 PM
I meant the Anzac Test on Anzac day would be sweet......especially if you hold it at Telstra Stadium every year.

80,000 ppl ,the last post followed by a minutes silence to add to the emotion of the day ....... then blow the whistle and let em smash the **** out of each other in true Anzac spirit ;)

Why wouldn't you have an Anzac test on Anzac day......it just makes sense.
You'd think so... but you have to remember that international league has been a minor distraction at best over the past couple decades, and they are only now trying to build its popularity again, so they probably wouldn't want to risk having an empty stadium if they couldn't garner enough interest.

It'll happen, but only when the kiwi's turn up consistently and take the game to the Aussies like they did last year. Because if they just get thumped like they used to, then no one will be interested...
 
K

Kimmy_The_Kiwi

Guest
Im soo pumped for this test...Bluey is too :p

Hurry up and name the test im so excited lol... :unsure:
 
D

Dumbo

Guest
ANZAC day should be put aside to drink **** with your mates and remember the men and alliances that brought us our today. The only sport played on this day should be between Aus and NZ at a national level... stinkin' AFL and League games between teams is a joke and offensive to some of us.

Paying our respects... this is the given day... wearing your national colours - ANZAC Day is the day.
 
E

esoj

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 21 2006, 04:01 AM
Steve Ganson will halve your tri nations result.
I will take that.

12-0 victory over aus would suit me fine thanks
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 21 2006, 10:52 PM
ANZAC day should be put aside to drink **** with your mates and remember the men and alliances that brought us our today. The only sport played on this day should be between Aus and NZ at a national level... stinkin' AFL and League games between teams is a joke and offensive to some of us.

Paying our respects... this is the given day... wearing your national colours - ANZAC Day is the day.
Someone give this man a NEW

Post of the year!!!!!!!!

:bravo: :cheers: :D :bana: :bravo:

Completely agree

ANZAC Day is the day u grab all ur mates, bond at the pub, play 2-up all day long, pay respects to the diggers, and voice ur patriotism that this is the day, the nation was put on the world map.

I heard the trumpet yesterday on the TV from the league and afl games - man every year, the hairs on my neck stand up, and i wanna just hug every person in the room

got my $10.00 badge today :D

April 25 all aussies and kiwis unite, even if its a contest in sport.........this is our birthday as nations :bravo:
 
D

Dumbo

Guest
Currently ANZAC day is a show of respect between two nations thats say's if it's gonna be a fight (and a real f&*king fight), then I'd rather have you with me and fighting here with me, you're on my side... I still think your a bunch of pricks... but thats Ok... at least you're here with me and my ass is covered (couldn't trust a yank, couldn't trust a pom)...
 

Latest posts

Top