• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are most female rugby players steroids clean?

one of the first things told to me when I got to SA is that competition for contracts is so high that high school kids get driven to doping. I think 10% of craven kids doping (at the u19 level) would be low.

And as others said the nfl and mlb suspend relative nobodies all the time, but never catch a superstar. The nzru catching four nobodies at first and no one since doesn't make me believe that rugby there is clean.

You clearly don't know Enzed... they're good, salt of the earth, farming boys. They don't even know what steroids is.

You clearly don't know Enzed... they're good, salt of the earth, farming boys. They don't even know what steroids is.

They must ship their wronguns abroad, the player who I mentioned above who I mentioned as the first drug ban I recall was a Kiwi import.

FWIW, unless the Kiwi media are totally making up the story of what happened, what we've been told here about testing is at best misleading. The four people caught out were identified as a result of a bust on the website clenbuterol.co.nz meant that they were identified as customers, not through random testing. More worryingly, various articles note that the NZRU were informed that there would be more rugby players pursued as a result of the records from said website, with one article saying that as many as 100 names would come out. I wonder what has happened in the intervening 5 months. None of this smacks of a world leading system worthy of adopting any moral high ground.