LH: Jamie Bhatti; Pierre Schoeman; Rory Sutherland
HK: Ewan Ashman; Stuart McInally; George Turner
TH: Simon Berghan; Zander Fagerson; Murphy Walker
LK: Scott Cummings; Grant Gilchrist; Jonny Gray; Jamie Hodgson; Sam Skinner
BR: Magnus Bradbury; Rory Darge; Matt Fagerson; Jamie Ritchie; Hamish Watson
SH: Ali Price; Ben Vellacott; Ben White
FH: Adam Hastings; Finn Russell
CN: Mark Bennett; Chris Harris; Sam Johnson; Cameron Redpath
WI/FB: Darcy Graham; Stuart Hogg; Blair Kinghorn; Rufus McLean; Duhan van der Merwe

If Huw Jones continues his form into next season back at Glasgow, I would take him over Redpath. Not too sure on props and third choice scrum half. Would be interesting to see other peoples' squads.

My prediction of who EJ will take (so don't start shouting at me about my selections)

LH: Genge, Marler, Vunipola
HK: LCD, George, Blamire
TH: Sinckler, Stuart, Heyes,
LK: Itoje, Ewels, Launchbury, Isiekwe
BR: Lawes, Curry, Underhill, Dombrandt, Simmonds (50/50 on him vs Vunipola, if Binny is back in the EPS by then he'll tour), Chessum/Willis (depends if Willis gets proper time before then/if EJ wants the versatility of Chessum - could easily see Chessum being Lawes backup by then though)
SH: Youngs, Randall, Quirke
FH: Smith, Farrell
CN: Tuilagi, Slade, Marchant
WI/FB: Nowell, Watson, Daly, Furbank, Steward, Malins

Back three could change dramatically if some aren't fit (which is almost guaranteed with Nowell/Watson in there) but if everyone's fit I think that's who EJ takes
Furbank pips better options because EJ will have him covering 10 vs Tier 2
Backrow has the most question marks over it - there's a lot of options to choose from and EJ seems like he's going to cap even more over before the RWC
Scrumhalf could be JvP/Mitchell in the third choice if Quirke doesn't come back from injury on time/in good form

Didn't realise they'd increased the squad sizes to 33 until I read this thread.

My prediction of who EJ will take (so don't start shouting at me about my selections)

LH: Genge, Marler, Vunipola
HK: LCD, George, Blamire
LK: Itoje, Ewels, Launchbury, Isiekwe
BR: Lawes, Curry, Underhill, Dombrandt, Simmonds (50/50 on him vs Vunipola, if Binny is back in the EPS by then he'll tour), Chessum/Willis (depends if Willis gets proper time before then/if EJ wants the versatility of Chessum - could easily see Chessum being Lawes backup by then though)
SH: Youngs, Randall, Quirke
CN: Tuilagi, Slade, Marchant
WI/FB: Nowell, Watson, Daly, Furbank, Steward, Malins

Back three could change dramatically if some aren't fit (which is almost guaranteed with Nowell/Watson in there) but if everyone's fit I think that's who EJ takes
Furbank pips better options because EJ will have him covering 10 vs Tier 2
Backrow has the most question marks over it - there's a lot of options to choose from and EJ seems like he's going to cap even more over before the RWC
Scrumhalf could be JvP/Mitchell in the third choice if Quirke doesn't come back from injury on time/in good form
I'd mostly go along with that with a couple of minor changes.

Swap out Launchbury (Eddie has never been fully convinced) for Jonny Hill and May for Nowell and that's what I would expect to see.

As you say back three is definitely the least predictable. The rest is starting to look fairly clear.

I know Eddie likes the idea of Barbeary, but I'm unconvinced based upon his recent performances.

Swap out Launchbury (Eddie has never been fully convinced) for Jonny Hill and May for Nowell and that's what I would expect to see.
Bruh, I completely forgot Hill existed and he's signed for us...
Agree on that - Hill for Launchbury, or at a push Hill for Isiekwe (though Launch missing the summer will count against him)

May vs Nowell I'm not sure - more likely we see both tour and Malins drop out or something, tbh

Is Launch missing the summer? I know he pulled out of the training squad this week, but I don't think that's anything major. I'd argue it's an important tour for him to stay in Eddie's plans.

The back three is in a real state of flux. It could easily be May, Watson, Nowell, Daly and Steward or we might end up with a real changing of the guard.

Is Launch missing the summer? I know he pulled out of the training squad this week, but I don't think that's anything major. I'd argue it's an important tour for him to stay in Eddie's plans.
I'm not sure tbh - EJ has walking wounded in the squad to get them checked over by the RFU docs to see if they'll make the summer - though if whatever Launch's injury is is minor and only requires a few days ice and ibuprofen they might just think he's better off at home for the week

That's how it read to me, but we'll see. Maybe Ewan Richards will have a miraculous rise to prominence.

LH: Genge, Marler, Rodd
HK: LCD, George, Blamire / McGuigan
LK: Itoje, Hill, Isiekwe, Chessum
BR: Lawes, Curry, Underhill, Dombrandt, Ted Hill, J Willis
SH: Youngs, Randall, JVP
CN: Slade, Marchant, Lawrence
WI/FB: Watson, Daly, Furbank, Steward, Malins, Arundle

NZ:

LH: Bower, Moody, De Groot,
HK: Taylor, Taukeiaho, Aumua
TH: Tu'ungifasi, Laulala, Lomax
LK: Retallick, Whitelock, Barrett, Vai'i
BR: Savea, Blackadder, Sotutu, Papali'i, Cane, Jacobson
SH: Smith, Perenara, Fakatava
FH: Mounga, Barrett
CN: ALB, Goodhue, RTS, Ioane
WI/FB: Jordan, Reece, Barrett, Mckenzie, Clarke

As long as Cuthbert is in I don't care. I'm sure we can drag out a few more 35 year old plus players like Lydiate as well so should have it in the bag.

LH - Porter, Healy, Kilcoyne - Very important that Porter stays fit
Hk - Kelleher, Sheehan, Herring - Herring could be vulnerable
TH - Furlong, Bealham, O'Toole - back ups are weak
SR - Ryan, Beirne, Henderson, Baird - Would have been tempted to throw Moloney in before Saturday
BS - Doris, POM
OS - VdF, Timoney? (Loads of lads in contention here, Kendellan, Penny and even Ruddock could get in with impressive European campaigns next year)
8 - Conan, Coombes
9 - JGP, Casey, Murray
10 - Sexton, JC
11 - Lowe, Stockdale
12 - Henshaw, Aki, Frawley
13 - Ringrose
14 - Conway, Hansen
15 - Keenan

Frawley as 10 cover to give Sexto an East ride to the QFs. Guys like Hume, Haley, Lowry, H Byrne on injury alert in the backs.

Latest posts