• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are Munster "worthy" champions?

Yeah I was joking with a Liverpool fan yesterday about how them and Chelsea ran up a rugby score over two legs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 15 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...who gives a f*** if people don't like the way Munster play, they're double HEC Champions.[/b]

Bit late to the party here like but this is the truth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Apr 15 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 15 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...who gives a f*** if people don't like the way Munster play, they're double HEC Champions.[/b]

Bit late to the party here like but this is the truth.
[/b][/quote]

there's nothing like stating the obvious :D

furthermore, whoever created this thread is daft, even if he is a Cardiff fan.

The thing is, if every side took this war of attrition attitude then the game would turn a lot of people off. Im never going to get through to blind Munster fans that at times they play boring negative rugby (your own player said for goodness sake).

As for Munster just warming up, they wont look to hot when they lose to Cardiff in the final :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The thing is, if every side took this war of attrition attitude then the game would turn a lot of people off. Im never going to get through to blind Munster fans that at times they play boring negative rugby (your own player said for goodness sake).

As for Munster just warming up, they wont look to hot when they lose to Cardiff in the final :)[/b]

I think we're argueing with the suggestion that they play boring negative rugby most of the time. I think you'll find that we were happy to admit that we're better than Cardiff at the attritional thing too :p .

And no they won't look too hot when they lose to Cardiff in the final....when's that gonna be? 2057 or something like that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im never going to get through to blind Munster fans that at times they play boring negative rugby.[/b]

Thats not what you said mate. If I can go back and quote you, you said;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 6 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
they have become one of my pet hates as a side, symbolising everything negative in the game of rugby[/b]

Very strong words with absolutely no substance backing it up.

Me thinks a simple "hmmmm maybe my arguement is 3 years too late, I apologise" would suffice.

Oh and I'm a Leinster fan, the kings of negative rugby!

Well according to Munsters very own Second row, last year, you played pretty boring stuff, that was 2008, 2007 you were pretty similar aswel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well according to Munsters very own Second row, last year, you played pretty boring stuff, that was 2008, 2007 you were pretty similar aswel.[/b]

Doesn't that answer your question though? Everyone has said that Munster were a boring team, even last year they sometimes played some boring rugby (but they were changing). This year, it's been completely different, so stop using a year out of date quote to back-up your two year out of date statement.

Christ, this is just getting repetitive, get out of tour JCB and stop digging, ffs.

Yes, and Ronan O'Gara said it aswell after the Ospreys, they can play a less open stlye of rugby if they need to to win a match. Just because they can play "boring stuff" when it's needed doesn't mean that it's the only thing they do.

Look at the the Leinster and Cardiff wins. Leinster played defensice rugby coz they had no other choice and Cardiff played dull rugby because it's what was needed.

Aw this just goes round and round in circles. So we are admitting its not since 2006 anymore, just last year. Its also good to see we have admitted you can play dull boring rugby. I remember the first HC game Munster had - absolutely woeful stuff, this season.

As for Cardiff and Leinster gaining "dull" wins, your exactly right. Id say Cardiff were a lot more negative than Leinster on the weekend, something I havent really seen them do. Now if Cardiff go on to win the HC winning 6-3 against Leicester and 3-0 against Munster, what a brilliant occassion if your a Cardiff fan (like myself). Now for any other spectators, it makes for an utterly boring scenario. - which has been my overall point, that to non munster fans, they can (yep ok not every game, I will accept that) be very boring to watch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aw this just goes round and round in circles. So we are admitting its not since 2006 anymore, just last year. Its also good to see we have admitted you can play dull boring rugby. I remember the first HC game Munster had - absolutely woeful stuff, this season.

As for Cardiff and Leinster gaining "dull" wins, your exactly right. Id say Cardiff were a lot more negative than Leinster on the weekend, something I havent really seen them do. Now if Cardiff go on to win the HC winning 6-3 against Leicester and 3-0 against Munster, what a brilliant occassion if your a Cardiff fan (like myself). Now for any other spectators, it makes for an utterly boring scenario. - which has been my overall point, that to non munster fans, they can (yep ok not every game, I will accept that) be very boring to watch.[/b]

Montauban being a lot better than Munster expected, plus Wayne Barnes's whistle was a big part of that match being a little bit dull to some people. I quite enjoyed it, mostly because I liked the underdogs really scrapping it out with the Champions, and (almost) creating a massive shock.
Please...leave it go now, so many people have already pointed out how pointless this thread is, take the hint...

lol how pointless this thread is? I think thats a bit harsh. Its developed into something I didnt really want it to, but no one forces you to read or reply.

I wont carry on because it is getting boring going through the same stuff over and over, almost like watching

I joke.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol how pointless this thread is? I think thats a bit harsh. Its developed into something I didnt really want it to, but no one forces you to read or reply.

I wont carry on because it is getting boring going through the same stuff over and over, almost like watching

I joke.[/b]

that's exactly the reason why it's pointless :L same stuff being said over and over again, that's what I meant anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 16 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I joke.[/b]

that's exactly the reason why it's pointless :L same stuff being said over and over again, that's what I meant anyway.
[/b][/quote]

no doubt though we'll still get another few rounds of it yet!

Looks that way ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember the first HC game Munster had - absolutely woeful stuff, this season.[/b]

What about oh I don't know, every other Munster game this season? That was a terrible game, but not because we played Negative rugby. Throwing the ball around with reckless abandon against a Montauban side with we gravely underestimated, plus Wayne Barnes and his whistle and plenty of unforced errors made that a poor game, not us playing negative rugby.

Are we ignoring the fact that Cardiff have scored one try in three games against French opposition this year, and the one try came from a charged down clearance kick? Maybe you should look a little closer to home Sean.

Proved their worth today eh? 2 gouging incidents, stuff of worthy Champions in anyones book.

You can all cancel your hotels in Edinburgh.