• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina in the 6 nations ?

• Thread starter tooniesbruxelles
  • Start date
There's no point in creating a minnows tournament and putting Argentina in it, this world cup, in fact the last 3 world cups have proved they're by no means a minnow, so it's an absolute waste of time putting them into that type of tournament.

The Six Nations is a non-starter, the only real option is the Tri Nations to be expanded when the current TV deal expires, I think we'll see them playing a more serious programme of tests in the Summer and Autumn Internationals, scant consolation I know.

well I think they'd cope fine but I just feel the logistics involved in a 7 team tournament are far more complicated than a 4 Nations tournament.

Hello,

I heard in brussels, my city, that Argentina could play the 6 nations and have Brussels as home field ?
Have you some infos about that ?
Sorry for my english im frenchspeaking.

Ps how can i hjoin the topic Ea sports rugby 2008 ?
Thanks
Toonies [/b]

Hello,

Seven nations in an Euopean competition is too much

But in the Three Nations whith the Fidji is a good idea.

I think pushing for places for Fiji, Tonga and Samoa wouldn't go down too well with SANZAR, I'd say they'd be just about willing to take in Argentina but not the others as the tournament would need to run on a home and away basis like the Six Nations so not sure how much of a starter that would be.

i hope they find a way for it to work, but i'm not holding my breath.

I think we can all agree that Argentina deserve to be involved in a major competition like the 6N or 3N.

The Argentinian players would prefer a European competition as this is where the players are based. Whether they can join the 6N will be down to logistics of fitting 7 teams into a tournament and sorting out sponsors and TV contracts. 6N is currently 5 weeks. 7N would be 7 Weeks (6 matches + Bye for each team). Schedule is packed already.

I hope Argentina can be accomadated, but it will be very very difficult.

I'm not against the idea of Argentina being in a proper competition but what benefits can this have for rugby in Argentina, will games be played in Buenos Aires or will the team play in France, Spain or even Belgium. What chances does playing in a 7N tournament in Europe have for developping qny sort of professionalism in Argnetina.

As well as the senior competition do we bring in the A side and the under-21s as well?

It might appear more difficult in the long run but the only answer is a 4N tournament even though it may take longer to see the long term gains.

I'm not completely sure if it's the right idea, will promising new players from be signed up by European teams if they now lose them for another 6-8 weeks? It's much less likely. In my opinion, one of the reasons Argentina are good is because they all play for the best teams in Europe because they barely ever need to release them for internationals, they won't be such attractive prospects now.

I think Argrntina should join the Tri nations, and eventually the pacific isalands joing to make a 6 nations for the Southern hemisphere.

Well if it is the 6 nations which they are designated for it should give the competition a bit of boost. The quality seems to get lower ever year and maybe the Pumas introduction (if it happens) will give the current 6 nations a kick up the arse.

tri nation or six nation, but the argentina needs to play one of those tournaments !
and chile need rise !!!

They need to join a major tounament.

perhaps if argentina and the top 9 sides in europe play in a two teir competion where 5 teams are in each tier. the bottom from the top tier is religated and the top team from the bottom tier is promoted.

underneath the bottom tier any other team team from europe who wishes to join the competition plays in small tournament and the winner plays the botom team of the lower tier.

other teams from america like the USA or Canada could also be included in this competion

I think this would also help the sport grow minnow countries like portugal and spain

I wouldn't mind seeing them in the Tri Nations... unfortunately that's apparently not going to happen. Also adding some of the Pacific islands could make international rugby a lot more competitive and give the 'smaller teams' the chance to build solid squads.

I think that argentina have to be icluded in the 3 nations, because i think that when you play against the best you learn to beat them, and argentina give a lot signals that it's in the same level than england france scotland or ireland

the idea of the irb it's a american six nations, that is a crap for argentina and a favor to the others teams

i think it's could bo a good thing for rugby because we can't ignore argentina anymore she is a very good rugby nation and in addition they agree for playing all their game in europe we have to accept them in the six nation

Latest posts