• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina - World Cup 2015 Discussion Thread

Hernandez outside Sanchez could prove to be the best option for the World Cup, potentially takes a bit of pressure of Sanchez with a second playmaker. Could equally put more pressure on though, if Hernandez has a moment...

I think Argentina have some very good looking back row stocks. Fernández-Lobbe and Leguizamón are obviously class and compliment each other well, I like what I've seen of both Isa and Desio (apart from his hair) as well.

What do Argentinian posters think is their best back row? I'd go for 6. Facundo Isa 7. Fernández-Lobbe 8. Leguizamón I think? Combined with Creevy's over the ball skills that's a seriously quality back row.

@ratsapprentice seems i was right about Odogwu not being in the sevens due to training with seniors on the bench V argentina (Granted with 20 others but him and thompstone are the only wingers)

Leicester Tigers
15 Mathew Tait (c)
14 Peter Betham
13 Christian Loamanu
12 George Catchpole
11 Gonzalo Camacho
10 Tommy Bell
9 Sam Harrison
1 Riccardo Brugnara
2 Greg Bateman
3 Tiziano Pasquali
4 Joe Maksymiw
5 Sebastian de Chaves
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Will Owen
8 Laurence Pearce

Replacements: Fraser Balmain, Charlie Beckett, Will Evans, Jake Farnworth, Owen Hills, Graham Kitchener, Lachlan McCaffrey, Ed Milne, Matt Parr, Oliver Povoas, Harry Thacker, Harry Wells, Seremaia Bai, Oli Bryant, Freddie Burns, Paolo Odogwu, Matt Smith, Adam Thompstone, George Tresidder, Ben White, George Worth

Last edited by a moderator:
Prob a bit of both wouldn't be surpised to see a this team finish the game:

1) Ayerza, 2) Farnworth, 3) Balmain
4) Beckett, 5) Kitchener,
6) McCaffrey, 7) Thacker, 8) Milne
9) Tresidder, 10) Burns
12) Bryant, 13) Bai
11) Odgowu, 14) Thompstone, 15) Worth

Back home now a great game.

Argentina showed a very dominate scrum and excellent hands to get the ball wide.

Leicester looked very aggressive in attack and the youngsters looked very promising.

Odogwu showed amazing speed for his try honestly Like watching Wade. Really excited about him.