• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentinian Rugby

yeah baby I'm coming! next month be my first time in SA. and the african continent in general. can't wait.
while reading your previous post I was remembering that the inclusion of pampas xv in the vodacom triggered in me, a new interest for rugby cos I been away from the sport for some time. then it was the RC and SR. it slowly built and I was even back to my club. wached some games and meet with some of my ol' team mates. .. and now my son is playing. just because he sees me watching the games he came and asked me to play.
this is what this help from SA means to the Arg rugby. MORE PLAYERS. more viewers. general grouth.
I mean although I played for 13 years I wasnt even seeing Los pumas play (there weren't too many games either ) now I find myself watching lions vs sharks 7 am!! before I gave a f u c k about super rugby didn't even knew the names of the teams.
this is good for everybody. I wonder how many new viewer where added to SR with the inclusion of the jaguares. not only in Arg. the social media are full of coments from Chile Paraguay brasil etc.
we are a soccer nation but people can enjoy other sports too. this means potencial 60 million viewers. + the rest of South America. who are developing too with the help of Argentina.

I hope you've managed to get tickets to Boks vs Pumas in Pretoria!!!

ARG market should be very important for SANZAAR It aligns well with Eastern Time in USA

With a South American Comp starting in 2020
You would hope you can increase interest in the market from local and expatriate viewers
If you can get less half of 1% of USA population watching Super Rugby that's is over 1 million viewers

Video below shows some good steps with a special Appearance from Fast Eddie in Argentina

I also wish I knew spanish.

Anyways, I understand what you are saying too, but it wasn't just a single poster making snide remarks.

As far as I know, the Pampas withdrew from the Vodacom Cup to make way for an Argentine team to play the Pacific Nations Cup.

I think what I'm trying to get at is that SA Rugby didn't cancel an agreement with ARU or the Pampas, nor did they force them out of the competition.

Sorry if I came across as insulting, I just want to clear the air that I find some of the remarks insulting towars SA Rugby and it's organisers. If you ever come to SA, you will see that we are great hosts and very welcoming.

Disclaimer: I'm a honorary fan of Jaguares and Los Pumas I only speak for myself

Where I differ from my ARG based cohorts is that I'm more bullish and confident about these
2 respective sides

To give an analogy: When in Rome do you assimilate yourself to the native population
or do you take over Rome as a Barbarian I prefer the Barbarian way

Long term ARG rugby is in a healthy spot: Pumitas (U20) side are producing talented players who now have multiple pathways:

Jaguares XV vs tough Afrikaans packs & dangerous outside backs + Argentine XV (2nd team) & play in ARC

Then onto Secondary pathways from Jaguares to Los Pumas

Super Rugby: The SA sides have been decimated - The Bulls in 2020 will resemble a CC side + two starting props, Gelant & pair of 35 years

Sharks have also been hollowed out Lions have little to work with & Stormers are still c r a p

Jaguares only have to replace Matera who's world class but will be replaced with multiple players
Lavanini whilst a very good player has terrible hands and discipline can still be poor at times

So in 2020 The Africa Conference is the Jaguares to lose if they perform to a similar level to 2019

@TRF as you've seen in SA the CC has had a terrible decline in status and prestige over last 10 years
Look at Wikipedia Page of 2009 CC+ Highlights on YouTube Notice the crowds in attendance +
Springboks galore playing

In 2019 CC is an empty shell of its former glory This is sad but a reality of modern game
CC along with Mitre 10 in NZ has been relegated to a 3rd rate Comp way behind Super Rugby & Test Matches
Hence this allows Jaguares VX a great chance to be promoted to CC Premier Division and become a leading side

You're correct in that Pampas XV were dubious in leaving CC to join the Pacific Comp

UAR hopefully realise that Jaguares XV is a key asset to development of Jaguares & Los Pumas
Development aid to accelerate talent and recuperation of experienced players from injuries

Essentially Half of the Los Squad for 2019 RWC will be comprised of those who played
for the Pampas XV from ~2010-13

Imagine How many players will be developed in time for 2023 squad!!!!!

Yeah, every argentinean here that has posted knows that without SA we wouldn't be here. Nobody said anything against the boks in spanish either.

Disclaimer: I'm a honorary fan of Jaguares and Los Pumas I only speak for myself

Where I differ from my ARG based cohorts is that I'm more bullish and confident about these
2 respective sides

To give an analogy: When in Rome do you assimilate yourself to the native population
or do you take over Rome as a Barbarian I prefer the Barbarian way

Humility is not strong in this one. But that's okay, I understand.

I think you have a very narrow viewpoint on the matter. And I think you can learn a lot from your more humble Argentinian members about how to go about on this forum.

Long term ARG rugby is in a healthy spot: Pumitas (U20) side are producing talented players who now have multiple pathways:

Jaguares XV vs tough Afrikaans packs & dangerous outside backs + Argentine XV (2nd team) & play in ARC

Then onto Secondary pathways from Jaguares to Los Pumas

Same can be said about South Africa.

Super Rugby: The SA sides have been decimated - The Bulls in 2020 will resemble a CC side + two starting props, Gelant & pair of 35 years

Sharks have also been hollowed out Lions have little to work with & Stormers are still c r a p

This is not new. This happens every year, and after a world cup, it's always worse. But we always seem to bounce back and get some amazing talent coming through. That's why we have the Craven Week, Supersport Challenge, and the Currie Cup.

Jaguares only have to replace Matera who's world class but will be replaced with multiple players
Lavanini whilst a very good player has terrible hands and discipline can still be poor at times

So in 2020 The Africa Conference is the Jaguares to lose if they perform to a similar level to 2019

That's usually the case for the team that ends on the top of the table. The Lions were there for 3 years in a row before this year... They were also the losing finalists 2 years in a row, and look where they ended up this year...

Rather use this as an example to better yourselves than fall into the same pit.

@TRF as you've seen in SA the CC has had a terrible decline in status and prestige over last 10 years
Look at Wikipedia Page of 2009 CC+ Highlights on YouTube Notice the crowds in attendance +
Springboks galore playing

Decline in prestige. Yeah, I don't know about that, the Premier division still has a lot of prestige to it.

The crowds/attendance have nothing to do with it. People just don't go as much to stadiums anymore for local sport as they used to due to technology, financial implications, construction and so on.

In 2019 CC is an empty shell of its former glory This is sad but a reality of modern game
CC along with Mitre 10 in NZ has been relegated to a 3rd rate Comp way behind Super Rugby & Test Matches
Hence this allows Jaguares VX a great chance to be promoted to CC Premier Division and become a leading side

No it's not. The Currie Cup is still held in the highest regard by our players and fans. The rivalries are still there and the intensity is also still there.

You're correct in that Pampas XV were dubious in leaving CC to join the Pacific Comp

UAR hopefully realise that Jaguares XV is a key asset to development of Jaguares & Los Pumas
Development aid to accelerate talent and recuperation of experienced players from injuries

Until it's not anymore. History has a way of repeating itself. And I have a suspicion that somewhere down the line, the UAR might feel that the Currie Cup isn't for them anymore.

As an emerging market, the idea of an argentinian team staying in the Currie Cup indefinitely, just seems like an unattainable outcome.

Essentially Half of the Los Squad for 2019 RWC will be comprised of those who played
for the Pampas XV from ~2010-13

So it takes about 6 to 9 years to breed a player in Argentina. Ok, got it.

In SA we just can't wait that long, players like Pollard was with the U/20 Springboks and then the next year with the Senior Springboks. Some players careers doesn't even last that long.

Doesn't seem like a feasible target strategy to breed players and hope they turn out good enough after 6 -9 years. The results have be much quicker than that.

Imagine How many players will be developed in time for 2023 squad!!!!!

Will they be ready by then???? By my calculation they will only be in their 5th year of development, better not serve a half cooked chicken....

EAAWeSYXYAAcHHl.jpg

No one game of the First Division will be broadcasted.

And a question. Will be promotion to the Premier Division?. On same media forums many members said that won't be because is a development tournament.

And Ignacio Inchauspe joins the Jags XV, so the other scrum-half Gonzalo Bertranou could fly back to Bs As for the two test matches of Los Pumas against the Springbocks.

A good monent to see how fine is Delguy boy and if he coud have a chance to go to RWC.

Well, second match Sanchez plays bad. Hopefully he'll get it by next game.

the only positive is that we weren't trashed cos playing like this. no scrum no line out.its imposible
Sanchez new low! nothing from Cordero
little from isa. a day to forget at the set piece.
Moroni at 13 was doubtfull. not enough stamina. maybe the travelling after all

the only positive is that we weren't trashed cos playing like this. no scrum no line out.its imposible
Sanchez new low! nothing from Cordero
little from isa. a day to forget at the set piece.
Moroni at 13 was doubtfull. not enough stamina. maybe the travelling after all

estan cansandos fisica y mentalmente sin dudas.

Ayer just hablaba de eso con un amigo y la evidencia es confusa. Cuando estas cansado no ganas metros, te tiran para atras, perdes scrums, te ganan en cada contacto, etc. Lo entiendo y lo acepto, mas aun siendo uno de los que mas insistio en que no hay que darle prioridad a RC. Eso paso, sin dudas.
Ahora, cuando se te cae la pelota la cantidada de veces que se nos cayo ayer, eso es falta de concentracion, de foco.

Ademas, si vos me decis que la defensa de ellso nos ruhseo todo el tiempo tonces se nos caia por la presion, que se yo, te la dejo pasar, pero nos dejaron abrir tranquilos.
A mi lo que mas me preocupo (ademas de todo lo obvio) es que con el espacio que nos dieron no pudimos crear situaciones con los backs.

Fue un milagro que perdieramos solo por 6 puntos. Nos agarra Gales (x nombrar un equipo que no es espectacular pero que es prolijo) y si jugamos asi nos gana x +30.

Una favorcito.
Alguien me explica que paso aca?

https://www.espn.com.ar/video/clip/...yfHdI0gXFscbv4Otak39yz_LPj2gC5XWfJeHo42XsRWc8

No entendi que es lo que no quizo responder.

Entiendo que Ledesma deslizó la posibilidad de que Matera juegue para Waratahs en la semana. Le preguntaron a Matera en conferencia sobre eso y lo salvó. Calculo y es opinión mia, que se mandó un moco Ledesma hablando de mas porque el tipo firmó para Stade y se hizo cargo. En foxsports.au está el rumor, la verdad que recien vuelvo de vacaciones y no vi nada...

Con respecto al nivel, colectivamente coincido que están cansados pero que además, viendo el último partido, no le están dando mucha importancia al RC y se están cuidando. La mayoría sabe que tiene el boleto a Japón, diferente como ser a los boks donde hay mas puestos en juego y se nota.
Lo único positivo que rescato es que jugando para la mierda estuvimos a tiro de ganarle a los de negro, antes perdiamos con bonus los dos partidos. Hay jugadores puntuales que los veo muy bajos, si no fuera por la coyuntura estaría muy preocupado. Veremos...

Entiendo que Ledesma deslizó la posibilidad de que Matera juegue para Waratahs en la semana. Le preguntaron a Matera en conferencia sobre eso y lo salvó. Calculo y es opinión mia, que se mandó un moco Ledesma hablando de mas porque el tipo firmó para Stade y se hizo cargo. En foxsports.au está el rumor, la verdad que recien vuelvo de vacaciones y no vi nada...

Con respecto al nivel, colectivamente coincido que están cansados pero que además, viendo el último partido, no le están dando mucha importancia al RC y se están cuidando. La mayoría sabe que tiene el boleto a Japón, diferente como ser a los boks donde hay mas puestos en juego y se nota.
Lo único positivo que rescato es que jugando para la mierda estuvimos a tiro de ganarle a los de negro, antes perdiamos con bonus los dos partidos. Hay jugadores puntuales que los veo muy bajos, si no fuera por la coyuntura estaría muy preocupado. Veremos...

Y eso es cansancio mental. Venis de casi pegar el bacazo y lo perdiste por nada. Estas bajon, viajas para jugar contra Australia, tenes un par de fichas nuevas, se suma el año. Yo que se, ojala sea algo del momento. Especialmente en Sanchez que literalmente nos costo el partido contra AB.

Si admito que el nivel subio muchisimo. En un mal partido perdes x 6/10/15 como mucho antes un mal dia era irte 20/25 abajo facil.

Yo saco a Crevy, Petti y lavanini, a la 3era completa salvo ISA, y a los centros. Que juegue cualquiera y que sea lo que sea. Se te lesiona alguno de esos y comprometes el mundial.

A ver, no hay que cometer el error de llamar a los dos equipos la misma cosa. La semana anterior estuieron a punto de dar la sorpresa y en la última jugada no llegó: la semana pasada a punto de ganar el campeonato, pierden por un par de ocasiones... dos veces contra el mejor equipo del mundo. Es decir, un desgaste muy loco en dos semanas. El rugby internacional es otro universo comparado con el SR. También hay que ser comprensivos y darse cuenta de que gran parte de la carrera a septiembre va a ser manejar y hacerse cargo de la fatiga psicológica y física, igual que con los sudafricanos, neocelandeses y australianos, pero nosotros llegamos un par de semanas más que los canguros y las gacelas y somos nuevos en esto, así que va a haber momentos de crisis. Espero al menos un par de partidos perdidos por más de 15.

Saludos

hoy lei que ***o y piereto se van a europa.
jugaron todo a ganarle a nz, no se dio. si se hubirera dado eso tal vez apretaban el acelerador contra australia. (si le ganas a los AB un partido con este formato tenes la puerta abierta para el campeonato) en la version de ida y vuelta es mucho mas dificil. una vez perdido ese partido ya no vale la pena arriesgar absolutamente nada en los dos partidos siguientes. conicido en los descansos lo sumo a moroni y a orlando. ojo que se lesiona el chipi que es propenso y cagamos.

Ufff ***o va doler un poco pero Mioti remplaza pero nos quedamos sin remplazo de el.

No son la misma cosa basicamente, esa es nuestra fortaleza y debilidad al mismo tiempo.

[QUOTE="FNS, post: 951163, member]: No son la misma cosa basicamente, esa es nuestra fortaleza y debilidad al mismo tiempo.[/QUOTE]

coincido habra que ver que prevalece

jag xv won 83 to 3 to the Eagles (last champions ) 3 tries by delguy!

Latest posts