Argentinian Rugby

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
hi there, so i'd thought that there isn't a section on the forum and there are many argentinians users on this forum so i'd thought i'd make this thread to promote and for you's argentinians on the forum to discuss the match's of the Torneo de la URBA, Torneo del Noroeste etc. and you's are welcome to speak Spanish in this section. but all i ask is that if you can get me enough information then i will post up weekly matches for you

the fixtures for the Torneo de la URBA Group 1

fixture.jpg

hi there, so i'd thought that there isn't a section on the forum and there are many argentinians users on this forum so i'd thought i'd make this thread to promote and for you's argentinians on the forum to discuss the match's of the Torneo de la URBA, Torneo del Noroeste etc. and you's are welcome to speak Spanish in this section. but all i ask is that if you can get me enough information then i will post up weekly matches for you

Thank you very much for this thread!!!

Round 1 - Zone A:

140511022459847450.jpg

Round 1 - Zone B:

140511022458435174.jpg

Round 1 - Zone C:

140511022457277475.jpg

In the most important game of the round, Pucara beat SIC at away with 2 tries of the "Argie Jonah Lomu", Manuel Montero:

140511020911564828.jpg

140511020913535441.jpg

140511020907785739.jpg

Last edited:
i need team images for the fixture's i got some but i need some for the following team:
- San Luis
- Liceo Naval
- Pueyrredon

if anyone could apply me with those teams then that be great thanks

i need team images for the fixture's i got some but i need some for the following team:
- San Luis
- Liceo Naval
- Pueyrredon

if anyone could apply me with those teams then that be great thanks

What do u want? The logo of teams?

the teams i have the logo's off are:
Alumni
Atletico Rosario
Belgrano
CASI
CUBA
Champagnat
Duendes
Hindu
Jockey Club
Newman
Olivos
San Albano
San Andres
San Isidro

i need the rest

the teams i have the logo's off are:
Alumni
Atletico Rosario
Belgrano
CASI
CUBA
Champagnat
Duendes
Hindu
Jockey Club
Newman
Olivos
San Albano
San Andres
San Isidro

i need the rest

Ok

Liceo Naval:

140512023352932089.jpg

Pueyrredon Rugby:

140512023354259229.jpg

Universitario de La Plata:

140512023354716592.jpg

La Plata Rugby Club:

140512023355456353.png

San Martin:

14051202335625114.jpg

Delta Rugby Club:

140512023356520973.jpg

Manuel Belgrano:

140512023357545598.jpg

Pucará:

140512023358339225.jpg

Lomas Athletic:

140512023359107190.png

San Cirano:

140512023359756868.jpg

Liceo Militar:

140512023400631335.jpg

Regatas Bella Vista:

14051202341020081.jpg

Buenos Aires Cricket & Rugby Club:

140512023412851900.png

Just let me know if you need other teams, maybe I forgot any

Last edited:
So, time for the top 4 of the top 14 lol

Hindu goes for their second final in a row, after a great decade of victories, against CUBA or La Plata. Today is the day for them.

I think there is a good chance for both to make something great. In one hand, CUBA is the current champion, they are very young, reckless, and base their game in speed, defense and a great capacity to overcome difficultness. But La Plata is the new golden boy of porteño rugby I think, the same way CUBA was last year. They have a fantastic half-scrum, whom I think should take the place of Landajo in the autumn internationals, but if he comes will be for Cubelli more likely, and for what I have seen, they are equaly strong to CUBA, even though this year I haven't been able to watch as much as I would like.

So probably I'm gonna download all of them at the end of the year and watch em in a row. Lets see if today we're lucky enough to catch a stream, would be awesome to support my team sofar away.

Scotty, if you're still interested, CUBA won yesterday and is going for its second championship in a row.

Extremely happy right now.

Scotty, if you're still interested, CUBA won yesterday and is going for its second championship in a row.

Extremely happy right now.
thanks Horacito, good to see some activity in this thread again tbh i forgot all about this. but its good to see it back up to life!, anyway thats good looking forward to next week

In case you want, you can watch the entire season 2013 on youtube, if you do want, I can find the link and post it (if it's legal, sure).

I haven't been lucky enough to watch 2014, which is pretty bad because there are Pumas prospect to follow, not just Cordero, but also Patricio Fernández, Sebastián Poet, Lucas Maguire (I think he already had a ride with the Pumas), Juan Cruz González, etc. Also, Felipe Contepomi came back last year, I think Todeschini still plays with his hometeam once in a while... and of course, the Pumas Montero, Landajo, González Iglesias.

From what I can remember from last year, rythm is slower (not as much as many people would believe), there are many handling mistakes, and obviously the organization is poor if you compare it to a pro league, but the main thing is physical. All of those things depend on the oxigen the guys have: the handling mistakes come in the last period of the match, when they are exhausted and out of breath; at the beginning happens because the're too audacious, silly mistakes you can see at any level. The organization is based more on individual tackles rather than schemes, because in that way you don't depend on the condition of the players in the last quarter of of the match, and I think CUBA is the perfect example of this: they commit all of these mistakes, they have a very risky stile if you wish (depending too much on their contrary to produce points, not necessarely dominating territory...).

I wish anybody could tell me about a very good amateur (properly casted) league so I could compare it to URBA (and interior, obviously); I think is one of the best amateurs in the world.

In case you want, you can watch the entire season 2013 on youtube, if you do want, I can find the link and post it (if it's legal, sure).

I haven't been lucky enough to watch 2014, which is pretty bad because there are Pumas prospect to follow, not just Cordero, but also Patricio Fernández, Sebastián Poet, Lucas Maguire (I think he already had a ride with the Pumas), Juan Cruz González, etc. Also, Felipe Contepomi came back last year, I think Todeschini still plays with his hometeam once in a while... and of course, the Pumas Montero, Landajo, González Iglesias.

From what I can remember from last year, rythm is slower (not as much as many people would believe), there are many handling mistakes, and obviously the organization is poor if you compare it to a pro league, but the main thing is physical. All of those things depend on the oxigen the guys have: the handling mistakes come in the last period of the match, when they are exhausted and out of breath; at the beginning happens because the're too audacious, silly mistakes you can see at any level. The organization is based more on individual tackles rather than schemes, because in that way you don't depend on the condition of the players in the last quarter of of the match, and I think CUBA is the perfect example of this: they commit all of these mistakes, they have a very risky stile if you wish (depending too much on their contrary to produce points, not necessarely dominating territory...).

I wish anybody could tell me about a very good amateur (properly casted) league so I could compare it to URBA (and interior, obviously); I think is one of the best amateurs in the world.
its safe to post the 2013 season on yt sure. i'll give it a watch no guarantee's i'll watch the whole thing though

Latest posts