• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ARU vs. Digby Ioane

S

Scrumit2

I feel insulted for Digby. $175,000 and they wonder why QLD struggles so. One of our building blocks to become a competative team and they offer him that crap of a contract. Apparently the ARU is having such $ problems they cant afford Foxtel to watch The Rugby Club and hear the countless experts say how Digby is the most improved player in the Super 14. What more does Digby have to do? Robbie Deans said his kicking was crap so Digby improved by leaps and bounds. I have personnally witnessed Digby's work effort. Between his Australia A and Wallaby tours he played for our club at Sunnybank. I had the privilage to watch his work ethic and its second to none. I'm not talking about Sat. on the field but Tuesday and Thursdays putting in at Cardio of all things. I'm not a Digby fan soley because he plays for my Dragons, but because I am a supporter of Rugby in Australia. If we need butts in the stands and viewer tuning in to Foxtel whats going to get more results Digby smashing through the center of the defense or Will Chambers going through the grwoing pains for converting from league to union? Its quite clear the ARU has no plan to help union become the water cooler topic like its rivals. I'm actually embarased today to say I'm a ARU Lvl 1 coach. Some take all the money John O'neil wasted this year battling SA Rugby and give it to Digby. JOHN CAN YOU HEAR ME...you got the reds more games but if you dont secure Digby I can tell you more games will net the same number of fans as this year with less games. You idiot do you think fans are going to turn up for another 3 wins season with no draw like the spectical Digby had become. John stay away from mirrors because the image looking back at you is not a mirage like when Bugs Bunny morphs into a donkey you really are an ass.

The whole situation is f***ed. Imagine if we lose McMeninman and Ioane in the same week. I can sort of understand about McMeninman, with all the injuries, but Ioane was perhaps the standout outside centre of the competition. He's like 21 or 22 and has a massive future ahead of him in the Wallabies jersey.

And how about the Brumbies possibly not far off from signing one of the world's hottest properties in Rocky Elsom. Giteau, Smith, Mortlock and Elsom all in Canberra? Are these players delusional? Reds can't cop a f***ing break. The whole system needs an over haul in my opinion, the ARU topping up contracts as they see fit is whack. We need private ownership to compete.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 26 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And how about the Brumbies possibly not far off from signing one of the world's hottest properties in Rocky Elsom. Giteau, Smith, Mortlock and Elsom all in Canberra? Are these players delusional?[/b]

:lol:

:bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 26 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 26 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And how about the Brumbies possibly not far off from signing one of the world's hottest properties in Rocky Elsom. Giteau, Smith, Mortlock and Elsom all in Canberra? Are these players delusional?[/b]

:lol:

:bravo:
[/b][/quote]

He's f***ing right you mong.

Why the f*** did QUEENSLAND/ARU waste 400k on Will Chambers who's probably the shittest player I've seen in the NRL this year and offering Digby less than that. Will Chambers will get dropped to club rugby and definetly won't be starting next year.

If Elsom goes to Canberra and Digby leaves then why the f*** should me and other QLD fans support the team next year. Give Queensland Reds a f***ing go. Just a case of the strong getting stronger and the weak getting weaker.

I'd just like to know how recruitment works among the Australian franchises. Queensland is a much bigger market then ACT, common sense would tell you they would have more financial muscle then the Brumbies. Good on them for building such a strong club with limited resources, but how do they manage to keep it up while a traditional rugby powerhouse continues to suffer? Queensland produces arguably the best talent in the country, and for most people a much better place to live, so how does it keep losing out?

Queensland Rugby Union rely almost solely on recruiting from Club Rugby, from my personal experiences this is how it happens:

1. Player plays for crap club in Colts 2 (aka: me)
2. Player gets asked by QRU/Club scout if he would play Premier Colts at a far better club (aka: Wests/Brothers/Sunnybank/Easts)
3. Player accepts offer and plays for them (aka: not me, got the offer rejected them.)
4. Player gets noticed by QRU scout
5. Player gets contract to Reds or Reds academy
6. Player gets into Reds, gets good, gets offered more money by a higher ranked/supported team
7. Player leaves Queensland Rugby and goes off to play somewhere where he will get more money.

The problem with private business running clubs is that We don't have the big business to compete with sydney or melbourne (not captilized for a reason, yes I'm a hater) And ACT and the ARU are never going to let a team stink in the Capital City. Too many goverment employees need their entertainment. And if you think I'm wrong about ACT how the hell did Stephan Moore leave Brissy to go there? $! Now there is a sinkhole in Bris called Ballymore which is sucking 8 million dollars from the QRU every two years. Thank you Kevin Rudd for taking the 25 million that would have turned that 8 million lose into a 2 million per year gain. I saw a show that showed Ruddy opposing the SA Tour of Oz in the 70's do you think that had any bearing on his decision?

One note: Good on you Woldog! Now I'm a Sunnybank Boy but its good to see you keep your loyalty to your local club.

As for the QRU, they have a great foundation but they need to spit the dummy and get heard. They have been the lap dog since the day the Force stepped in and stripped the cupboard bare. You can not sit back each year and watch the Wallaby after Wallaby Exit Stage Left. Reds fans are tired of seeing the Broncos bring in the Israels of the world in the same market we are in and we have to sit back and wonder what would be if we had Mitchell, Sharpe, Popcock, and the likes. if you look at the dynamic of Brissy you see Immigrant after Immigrant from Union playing countries like SA and NZ yet only 15,000 make it through the gates of Suncorp. Why? Because they are used to good quality rugby year after year. They never rebuild they just reload. We are in the constant rebuild phase going on 10 years now. ARU, QRU, and Reds need to work it out before Ballymore is hosting local flea markets and the best rugby on a Sat. is played at the local clubs at 3:30 not Suncorp at 7:30. If you dont believe; Hugh M. is going to play at West next year cause the ARU won't let him play for the Reds till he goes overseas.

The best rugby IMO is already played in the Premier divisions, I'm just sad that Ipswich Rangers don't have prems, but either way, Reds need to focus on restructuring, so that they don't lose players. If every other club in the Super 14 can spend money on players why can't the Reds, they don't need to sign League talent, they just need to keep the players they have long enough for them to get better, I fear that eventually even Barnes will get fed up and leave.

The Brumbies have reportedly offered Rocky less than the Reds...

However, the QRU is so f***ed up that it's no real surprise that he'd rather play here (supposedly)... it's one of the main reasons why so many Queensland players have been more than happy to come down to Canberra...

The Reds don't have a problem with talent... they should be doing better with some of the players they have... but they do need to have a serious look at their player conditioning because it's unacceptable the amount of injuries they get...

They should look at banning the Brumbies from ever playing us again in order to keep our players in tip top condition :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 27 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They should look at banning the Brumbies from ever playing us again in order to keep our players in tip top condition :p[/b]

Maybe the Reds should be relegated to playing club rugby if they can't compete with the big boys... :lol:

But seriously, whoever is handling their conditioning is not doing a very good job...

Probably the same person who was managing the World economy, They need to import some of the fitness/physio people from the Australian institute of sport, rather than using Bob the builder who on weekends does physio for the Reds.

I feel for digby. if you didnt see him play then his stats speaks for itself. he was the standout centre in oz. If deans is serious about choosing wallabies based on form mortlock shouldnt be starting and digby should at least be given a crack at the 13 jersey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Jun 3 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I feel for digby. if you didnt see him play then his stats speaks for itself. he was the standout centre in oz. If deans is serious about choosing wallabies based on form mortlock shouldnt be starting and digby should at least be given a crack at the 13 jersey.[/b]

Based on form, Mortlock would still be playing outside centre and Ioane would be on the wing... however, over the coming years (if he chooses to stay in Australia) he'll move into that outside centre role to take over from Mortlock...

Yes only $175,000...he'll be dirt broke lol. As far as deans has gone I can appreciate many of his decisions, especially in terms of putting Tiquiri on the bench, but he is not involved with salaries only selection. As for Reds player conditioning, it may be alot more to do with the competition rather then anything else. So many key players from every team have been injuried especially with the Reds and the Blues.

Based on form Digby can't play Wallabies this season cause of shoulder reconstruction.

I think it'd be interesting (and I'm not trying to start a rumour or anything, and I am JUST SAYING) if Michael Lipman moved to the Reds. I think he played for the 'Tahs at junior level and I assume the Reds will be looking for someone to fill that Rocky Elsom shaped shirt they had made for next year.

Hmmm.

Latest posts