• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ARU vs. Digby Ioane

Daniel Braid + Scott Higginbotham = 1 Elsom, we don't need anymore flankers we have like 50 already, same as Props we have 8 of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Daniel Braid + Scott Higginbotham = 1 Elsom, we don't need anymore flankers we have like 50 already, same as Props we have 8 of them.[/b]

Based on the past year's form I would calculate that Braid + Higginbotham only = 1/2 Elsom...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 5 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daniel Braid + Scott Higginbotham = 1 Elsom, we don't need anymore flankers we have like 50 already, same as Props we have 8 of them.[/b]

Based on the past year's form I would calculate that Braid + Higginbotham only = 1/2 Elsom...
[/b][/quote]

He was playing in an inferior second rate competition in the NH.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 5 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 5 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

He was playing in an inferior second rate competition in the NH.
[/b][/quote]

Ugh... don't be one of those southern hemisphere posters... :rolleyes:

Elsom was the star in a Heineken Cup winning team...

Braid was useless in a bad team, and Higginbotham wasn't much better...

The Reds should consider themselves lucky if they get Chapman back off the Brumbies...

Things the Reds need: A decent number 8, A decent winger to replace Va'aulu, to Put McLinden in the centers, Barnes in fly-half and A new fullback.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Things the Reds need: A decent number 8, A decent winger to replace Va'aulu, to Put McLinden in the centers, Barnes in fly-half and A new fullback.[/b]

I wouldn't move McLinden from fullback... he had a rough start to the season but quickly became one of the better performers at the Reds...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 5 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things the Reds need: A decent number 8, A decent winger to replace Va'aulu, to Put McLinden in the centers, Barnes in fly-half and A new fullback.[/b]

I wouldn't move McLinden from fullback... he had a rough start to the season but quickly became one of the better performers at the Reds...
[/b][/quote]

No.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 5 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 5 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

No.
[/b][/quote]

Really?

Quite a LOT of other people I've talked to on other rugby boards have really rated him this season (a lot more than me)... and the stats actually warrant some praise for his performance...

I didn't think much of him early on but he greatly improved and was one of the best players at the Reds...

Which I why I say move him to the centers where his size is more adequate, and get a fullback, while dropping Cooper all together.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which I why I say move him to the centers where his size is more adequate, and get a fullback, while dropping Cooper all together.[/b]

I think it would be an absolute catastrophe to move him into one of the toughest defensive positions in the game...

I don't think he's ever played in the centres (?) in both league and union...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 5 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which I why I say move him to the centers where his size is more adequate, and get a fullback, while dropping Cooper all together.[/b]

:eek:

I agree with dropping Cooper but McLinden's single greatest asset is his counter-attack. Fullbacks don't need to be huge. Look at JOC.

Latest posts