• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes: The Third Test

Definitely heading for a draw now, Peterson dropping Warne which would have made a massive difference for England, less than an hour to go, doesn't look like England will pick up those 3 wickets.

England blew it big time, massive chance to take the lead in the Ashes but I wouldn't rate their chances too highly now.

Australia now have the time to regroup and consolidate any weak areas before Trent Birdge. How England will rue all those dropped catches, same can apply for the Aussies as well.

Quality effort from Ponting to pretty much save the match for Australia.

Jammy sods!
<

Fair play to Ricky Ponting, he single handedly saved the game for Australia. If England could only have taken his wicket earlier, the rest of the batting line-up would have folded.

I still think England hold the phycological advantage going into the 4th test. You could tell by the way the Aussie dressing room celebrated as though they'd won after the last ball was seen off.

Gutted.

We should have won that game. Fair play to the Aussies for digging deep and hanging on though. Since when, by the way, have test matches had the right to be this exciting???

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Aug 15 2005, 07:46 PM
I still think England hold the phycological advantage going into the 4th test. You could tell by the way the Aussie dressing room celebrated as though they'd won after the last ball was seen off.
Australia very much hold the psychological advantage after that result. A win at Trent Bridge and they retain the Ashes that certainly gives them the advantage going into the 4th test. A win for England doesn't guarantee anything.

Latest posts