• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England (3rd Test) - 16/07/22

Test 2 I thought Stuart played the best I've seen in and England shirt. Shared a lot of carrying burden with Genge. Decent enough today. Sinkler as far as I've seen has been off the boil since he went to Bristol.

JVP looks to the Manor born but needs more game time at Leicester.

Some very salty tears on G&G Rugby. Ref was England's 16th man and Aus deserve to win because England play no rugby is the general jist.

Australia were depleted with injuries, England had some key ones pre and during the tour, both teams seemed to take turns at doing brain dead ****.

Lawes popped up at key moments, I'm not convinced on him as a captain, he's top class, let's his rugby speak for him but doesn't seem to talk much when on the field. I think a captain should be in the forwards but can't really think of an alternative outside Curry & Itoje.

In Eddie we trust 😆
Shiggins doesn't count

Thought we played well in tests 2 and 3. You don't wanna play expansive with the Aussies as they are sensational in any time and space afforded. Think they will be a dangerous underdog in the RWC and perhaps even the Rugby Championship given NZ and SA are also having a unit wobble.

England showed some nice flashes and I'm glad to see some players putting their hands up to push our competition levels forward.

Like many others, I'd love us to find a centre partnership but it just seems to elude us at the moment.

One thing I'd be interested in especially against France and New Zealand in a World Cup, is putting Lawes back into the second row and having both Underhill and Curry playing flanks, that would really give us some breakdown firepower to disrupt these fast flowing sides.

Nice mix of core experience and people coming through now- I'd like to think we can start to build a strong bench as that is very important in the modern game.

Nice to see us slowly building a World Cup squad. Not flashy but I can see the pot simmering.
Then move him back to 6 v Boks to give more height???
Like the idea.

Nice series win for England. I'll admit I've overrated Australia. Despite being possibly the biggest NZ sceptic here I think I've actually still overrated their SR performance this year, with the knock-on effect of me overrating the Brumbies, Reds and Tahs.

Quite surprised that Jones reacted so strongly to that, he must have heard it hundreds of times in Aus. Stress getting to him? Either way, the fact that security said "I've spoken to you before" does indicate this pillock is a known trouble maker.

Quite surprised that Jones reacted so strongly to that, he must have heard it hundreds of times in Aus. Stress getting to him? Either way, the fact that security said "I've spoken to you before" does indicate this pillock is a known trouble maker.
True, especially after winning a series. He should be coasting on that high surely. Maybe he knows how tenuous his hold is.

Eddie clearly realised he wouldnt win trying on a more expansive game plan and rightly so - Aus have never been able to deal with 10 man rugby. I thought Lawes should have been Man of the series - monstered us at the breakdown and was an exemplary leader. Was also cool to see Genge doing all the things Tupou should be doing but is too lazy to. I reckon England will come good during the RWC if they stick to a tighter game plan - **** just bomb it to Steward all match the bloke is a freak.

Decent series in the end - at least it was close unlike the last few years between the two teams. Its a minor miracle Aus found a way to compete at all given its a) broke b) a D tier sport here and c) never has full access to all their best players. Can't help but feel if we had Arnold and Skelton out there the forwards don't get chewed up quite so easily.

Still stinging a bit so im gunna go ahead and forget rugby exists for a few weeks. Kudos England.

Last edited:
Is calling someone a traitor a very sensitive gesture in oz/England/the commonwealth?

That seems like the most mundane thing to ever get upset about. Especially telling someone to "spray" the guy who said it.

Around the 70th minute England had a line out on their 5m line, the fact they didn't concede any points after that is quite impressive especially against a team that were running hard at them. Courtney Lawes was excellent. The new England isn't a thing, stick to what you're good at. Also, no one is getting near that 8 jersey other than Billy.

Still amazed how many games Heyes has played this season.
Really developing well under Cole.

Reckon him and JVP will start replacing Cole and Youngs by the end of season.

Is calling someone a traitor a very sensitive gesture in oz/England/the commonwealth?

That seems like the most mundane thing to ever get upset about. Especially telling someone to "spray" the guy who said it.
Don't think so, but wouldn't be surprised if it chipped a bit with EJ as he's a proud Aussie and got bullied as a kid for being mixed race

Tbh the clip makes me like Eddie more, don't see it as a negative on him at all

Apparently that incident with Jones wasn't the only one that happened or that he reacted to. There was a 2nd incident but I can't find a video of it, same thing of some Aussie fan calling him a traitor. I dislike Jones but this targeted attack and the fact he has responded so strongly seems odd. I dunno but something seems off with this as it's really getting to him. Makes me think there is something in the background going on.

Latest posts