• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England (3rd Test) - 16/07/22

Will Greenwood saying we're not as good as winning a series suggests and it's masking our performances
Swear he just gets his material from my posts on here
England were puss. Created nothing, made tonnes of mistakes and relied almost entirely on the bomb.

Wallabies even worse. Honestly pretty sick of supporting such a stupid team.

Competitive series between 2 average, injury ravaged, teams. No real advance forward in team shape / style, but maybe no surprise given the absentees (and coach). But the likes of JVP and Stuart have put their hands up for starting spots and we've had glimpses of some new talent, some who've looked more to the manor born than others.

The victory will have secured Jones' job…..if it was ever seriously under threat.

Now I hope the players head for the beach for a few weeks, drink far too much beer and forget all about rugby.

England were puss. Created nothing, made tonnes of mistakes and relied almost entirely on the bomb.

Wallabies even worse. Honestly pretty sick of supporting such a stupid team.

You can only **** with the cock you've got and ours is small and feeble.

Aussie crowd jeering and whistling Lawes as he was announced for the presentation was not a good look. All for it during the game but then was not the time.

Will Greenwood saying we're not as good as winning a series suggests and it's masking our performances
Swear he just gets his material from my posts on here
We're as good as winning this series. The score lines ultimately reflect how close all three games were and I don't think anyone is under any illusions that we're any more than an average side right now.

Thought we played well in tests 2 and 3. You don't wanna play expansive with the Aussies as they are sensational in any time and space afforded. Think they will be a dangerous underdog in the RWC and perhaps even the Rugby Championship given NZ and SA are also having a unit wobble.

England showed some nice flashes and I'm glad to see some players putting their hands up to push our competition levels forward.

Like many others, I'd love us to find a centre partnership but it just seems to elude us at the moment.

One thing I'd be interested in especially against France and New Zealand in a World Cup, is putting Lawes back into the second row and having both Underhill and Curry playing flanks, that would really give us some breakdown firepower to disrupt these fast flowing sides.

Nice mix of core experience and people coming through now- I'd like to think we can start to build a strong bench as that is very important in the modern game.

Nice to see us slowly building a World Cup squad. Not flashy but I can see the pot simmering.

Ive come out of this series feeling pretty good, not that there isnt issues and alot of work ons but we seemed up for it in defence yet wide defence needs alot of work. Missing Itoje Curry Underhill the replacements stepped up and put in a good showing.

The discussion at 12 is pointless i think....we dont have one, post WC i hope Kelly or Ojomoh come good but for now there isnt anyone so we have to stick with Smith Faz and give it time to settle in though im not a massive fan it seems best of a bad situation.

Im just happy we showed some fight and stuck in there as second half Aus had alot of possession and we held them off and pinned them back when we could.

Id say Genge Stuart Chessum Billy JVP Nowell Freeman and Steward all come away from this series with a good showing and putting their hand up for future selection. Not sure where Care stands...he wasnt great yet i dont want Youngs back and Randalls dropped off sooo.....?

Thought we played well in tests 2 and 3. You don't wanna play expansive with the Aussies as they are sensational in any time and space afforded. Think they will be a dangerous underdog in the RWC and perhaps even the Rugby Championship given NZ and SA are also having a unit wobble.

England showed some nice flashes and I'm glad to see some players putting their hands up to push our competition levels forward.

Like many others, I'd love us to find a centre partnership but it just seems to elude us at the moment.

One thing I'd be interested in especially against France and New Zealand in a World Cup, is putting Lawes back into the second row and having both Underhill and Curry playing flanks, that would really give us some breakdown firepower to disrupt these fast flowing sides.

Nice mix of core experience and people coming through now- I'd like to think we can start to build a strong bench as that is very important in the modern game.

Nice to see us slowly building a World Cup squad. Not flashy but I can see the pot simmering.
Courtney has had to change his body shape owing to his knees.
Solely a 6 for club unless emergency for last 18+ months.
He's either good enough at 6 or really not in match 23 for England now.

Courtney has had to change his body shape owing to his knees.
Solely a 6 for club unless emergency for last 18+ months.
He's either good enough at 6 or really not in match 23 for England now.
I kind of disagree here though not about his body shape as i dont know but he's still a big bloke but id be as happy with him at 5 as i would at 6 same as happy at 19 as 20. But he's in the 23.

He's just an all round class player and a lock for most of his career id never say he couldnt play there now and do as good a job as the current players.

I do really like the curry underhill or curry willis and would like to see them tried again. Big fan at Lawes and has impressed me at 6 many times so im not unhappy to see him retain the shirt

Sensational at butchering easy try scoring opportunities..

I kind of disagree here though not about his body shape as i dont know but he's still a big bloke but id be as happy with him at 5 as i would at 6 same as happy at 19 as 20. But he's in the 23.

He's just an all round class player and a lock for most of his career id never say he couldnt play there now and do as good a job as the current players.

I do really like the curry underhill or curry willis and would like to see them tried again. Big fan at Lawes and has impressed me at 6 many times so im not unhappy to see him retain the shirt
Only because family know his health issues youngest son works with his mum.
Struggling to carry weight needed for 2nd row dropped a few to prolong career of course barring an injury.

Some very salty tears on G&G Rugby. Ref was England's 16th man and Aus deserve to win because England play no rugby is the general jist.

Australia were depleted with injuries, England had some key ones pre and during the tour, both teams seemed to take turns at doing brain dead ****.

Lawes popped up at key moments, I'm not convinced on him as a captain, he's top class, let's his rugby speak for him but doesn't seem to talk much when on the field. I think a captain should be in the forwards but can't really think of an alternative outside Curry & Itoje.

In Eddie we trust 😆

How Ewels gets picked over Chessum and Isiekwe will drive me crazy come RWC

Honestly
4. Isiekwe
5. Chessum

Could be a tasty combo in the future both 6ft 8 Chessum more athletic and Isiekwe more brutal
I'll take that. Thought Isiekwe had a good 15 minutes. TBH I don't know how Hill gets picked over him.

Lawes is vexing. I've always been a big fan and he's shut up most of the lock in the back row doubters. His form's been good and he's been worth his place but I still think he unbalances the back row a bit. He's much better at the breakdown than he was but he still comes with the caveat of "for a big man".

My ideal 6 is O'Mahony. Big and athletic enough for the line out and to make his presence felt, but much more a traditional relentless total pain in the arse flanker to play against.

The closest O'Mahony proxy we have is probably Willis. Bit better on the ground, maybe not quite so good in the line out. But unrelentingly aggressive and hopefully will get even better the further his injury recedes in the rear view mirror.

Binny had one below par, one good and one OK game. Not enough to really convince that he should be nailed back into the shirt. If he's not, Dombrandt should get first dibs, but T Willis feels like he'd bring more consistent aggression and energy than either. And for all the attributes the others bring we definitely need to up the pain in the arse and in yer face quotients.

Thinking within the bounds of what might be feasible in Eddie's world in the lead up to the RWC, I'd start by asking Lawes to spend what's probably his final international year captaining from the row. Itoje and Lawes isn't my ideal row, but I'm trying to work within the bounds of possibility here.

Autumn starting pack. To be bossed by JvP:

Genge
George
Stuart. Earned the shot but not nailed on.
Itoje
Lawes
Willis
Curry / Underhill. Not hugely bothered as long as whoever's picked is uninjured.
Dombrandt.

George and LCD are fine. But shame McGuigan didn't get to tour.

Last edited: