• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia Vs. Uruguay

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 17 2005, 02:02 AM
What an achievement! Australia have made the faggotball world cup so that they can gallantly be knocked out in the pool stages! Brilliant.

Seriously, that game perfectly illustrates why I don't watch soccer... Australia dominated the whole game pretty much, but there was only one goal in the whole match! As a spectator sport, soccer is a game of watching missed opportunities... It's just plain irritating! no wonder there are so many riots.
Exactly... pretty much any other sport they would have put them away long ago - 30 mins of extra time but still nothing.

i think ive found my team to suport at the wc, well done australlia and i hope you can cause an upset.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 17 2005, 08:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 17 2005, 08:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Nov 17 2005, 01:02 AM
What an achievement! Australia have made the faggotball world cup so that they can gallantly be knocked out in the pool stages! Brilliant.

Seriously, that game perfectly illustrates why I don't watch soccer... Australia dominated the whole game pretty much, but there was only one goal in the whole match! As a spectator sport, soccer is a game of watching missed opportunities... It's just plain irritating! no wonder there are so many riots.
I've seriously lost so much respect for you Sanzar. You don't like soccer, fine. That doesn't mean you have to put it down when 90% of the country is in extacy. What those boys went through to get us there summarises what it means to be Australian. They gave more than what anyone thought was possible to get us over the line.

[/b]
Come off it, 210 minutes of play (with both legs) and at the end of the day it was 1 goal each! The socceroos were the better team in both matches but nothing ever happened it had to go to a penelty shootout FFS! That's the reason the game irritates me!
You know I'm right wally, just because I'm not a silly bandwagoner like you doesn't change that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Heck, even John Travolta was celebrating in the dressing room.[/b]

Good on the crazy scientologist.

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 17 2005, 09:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 17 2005, 09:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Nov 17 2005, 02:02 AM

Exactly... pretty much any other sport they would have put them away long ago - 30 mins of extra time but still nothing. [/b]
If it was a game of rugby the score would have been 35-7... they were clearly the better side, but in soccer is just takes so much to get a bloody goal!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Nov 17 2005, 10:43 AM
i love it how the crowd booes uruguay when they sang their anthem....they deserved it!
Garbage.

No national anthem should be booed.

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon+Nov 17 2005, 10:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamie Lyon @ Nov 17 2005, 10:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Nov 17 2005, 10:43 AM
i love it how the crowd booes uruguay when they sang their anthem....they deserved it!
Garbage.

No national anthem should be booed. [/b]
What about the German one during WWII
<

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon+Nov 17 2005, 09:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamie Lyon @ Nov 17 2005, 09:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
Garbage.

well thats what they get for spitting onn our players last year and their f***ed up tactics off field!

it was great game didn't even know it was on tv in nz until a friend said it was on so I got to see from 60 mins on. seemed like a tenese game and a penalty shootout is always interesting. that aussie keeper was a legend with that second save as he looke to be beaten but managed to get a hand to it.

If there was one thing learnt from the last world cup its that you can not write off anybody. senegal and turkey came from no where and both went quite far in the tournament. Australia defintely have some classy players so could provide some upsets. the draw will be the big factor as to wether or not they have any chance. stuck in a pool with say brazil and one of the better european teams and it will be very tough but in a an easier pool anything can happen.

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 17 2005, 10:59 AM
You know I'm right wally, just because I'm not a silly bandwagoner like you doesn't change that.
That's the biggest insult you could ever give me. I've been supporting the 'Roos since we last played Uruguay, and believe me it hasn't been easy. Wally a bandwagoner? Mate, I support the bloody Queensland Reds.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 17 2005, 06:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 17 2005, 06:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Nov 17 2005, 10:59 AM
That's the biggest insult you could ever give me. I've been supporting the 'Roos since we last played Uruguay, and believe me it hasn't been easy. Wally a bandwagoner? Mate, I support the bloody Queensland Reds. [/b]
Thats a fair point actually
<
. I'll pay that.

anyone see what happened when turkey didnt qualify?

i wonder if any swiss fans were in the crowd...

Well it looks like I was wrong when I thought that Uruguay would score an away goal and win the match. At half-time I thought that the game looked even and could have gone either way but from then on it was all Australia and had they not gone on to win it would have been very unfair.

It looked like Uruguay gave up and didn't even look like they wanted to push forward anymore - I wonder if they thought that they were going to win the shoot-out and were happy to take the draw? It back-fired on them big-time if that was the case. Uruguay made the Australian defence look like they were world class.

On the ref - I think that he was very poor for both teams some of his decisions were a bit strange. Popovic was a bit lucky not to have seen red rather than yellow. If you swing a hand up into another player's face after he has beaten you there can't be too many complaints if the player gets red-carded. Although a couple of the Uruguay players will also lucky as well.

Booing the Uruguay national anthem shows a complete lack of respect and as such I almost hoped that Australia lost it on that alone. I don't really care if Australia got a hard time in Uruguay - the mark of a true sportsman is their ability to refuse to rise to the antics of the opposition. I think that Australia lost a bit of their good sportmanship reputation on Wednesday night. Another example of this was when the captain of Uruguay was injured and kicked the ball out and then when the Australian player threw the ball back to the 'keeper the crowd responded to this act of sportsmanship by booing. This isn't AFL here guys - you are on a world stage and your reactions will be judged accordingly.

This Australian team deserves supporters that have a little bit more class.

Esoj,

Australia are not going to be seeded - South Korea, as (one of) the host nation were seeded and as such got a slightly easier group. This isn't going to be the case for Australia and I think that they are going to get a real tough group. They will probably get a South American team and a good European side and the last team will either come from Asia or another European side.

It is conceivable that they could get Brazil, Czech Republic, and either Spain or South Korea.

Australia would remain outsiders to qualify from their group in my opinion but if they play as well as they did against Uruguay and with the manager of the calibre of Hiddink then they will always have a shot no matter who they play.

On a separate point - what is with all of these managers with the initials GH?

Gus Hiddink, Glenn Hoddle, Graham Henry (rugby), Gerrard Hollier.

I WENT, I WENT I WENT I WENT..........I WEEEEEENT, I WEEEEEEENT

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE............AUUUUUSSSSSIEEEE, AUSSSSSSSIEEE!!!!!

OK

U all know my take on the round ball game

I TAKE IT ALL BACK

You gotto go, to appreciate it...............you see all the passing before it happens, you KNOW which direction its going.........you CANT see the acting!!!

Watched the replay the next day.........YEAH IT WAS UTTER CRAP

Go to Soccer, dont watch it on TV, and you'll step into a whole new world of appreciation.

I had high seats, and saw everything...........Kewell making runs and I screamed...give it to Harry, he's open..........viola, Harry gets it

I see players getting tackled, and falling..........from where i sat, they looked like genuine tackles, except when wearing sky blue, they were all RED CARDS FFS

I was intoxicated.........massively
Lost my voice

But it was MY DEVINE RIGHT, AS AN AUSSIE, TO GO THERE ******, NIAVE, AND WALK AWAY A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<
<
<

ENGLAND - your next...........who needs the ashes, who needs the wallabies, who needs the roos - WHEN YOU JUST QUALIFIED IN THE WORLD GAME

We are on board, and us convicts will go down fighting, whether you like it or NOT.......canary yellow is NOW the colours of AUSTRALIAS SOCCEROOS, and Brazil will have to change to the blue print
<

Like i've been saying, you still wont match New Zealands awesome World Cup record of 2 goals in 3 games.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Nov 17 2005, 11:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 17 2005, 11:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
Garbage.

was taking an urgent **** at half time to remove the 6 beers i had beforehand

a loud pommy walk in...****** (drunk)aswell

"AAHHHH YOU AUSSIE LADS, I TELL YA I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT"

We all look..........what u got now pom pom

"I have been to many premier league games, many world cup qualifyers, and I have never seen what i saw today....the booing/hissing/whislting of the visitors anthem"

I have been to Bledisloe cups
I have been to SOO
I have been to ANZAC tests

The noise heard over the U R Gayens anthem was louder than anything I have ever heard in my life, until 35 mins later when we scored
That was outdone, when Swanzhers 1st save
And that was outdone by the final penalty
But the greatest was when the U R Gayen anthems singer had to take his earpiece out as it served ZERO purpose
Our anthem was a humming stadium...i turn around and see all these cultures singing the same song
and at the end, they........WE were all singing........"I come from the land down under"

Too good to even comprehend
Those that went will all conquer with what i have just said......
<

You've rekindled my energy with those posts ak47. I would have given anything to be at that game, it was such a surreal feeling even infront of the television at home. I might go watch the replay I have on my computer now actually.

I hope England is drawn in our pool. Roll on December 10.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 29 2005, 03:05 PM
You've rekindled my energy with those posts ak47. I would have given anything to be at that game, it was such a surreal feeling even infront of the television at home. I might go watch the replay I have on my computer now actually.

I hope England is drawn in our pool. Roll on December 10.
yeah Wally.

I waited 40mins in line for the tix on the 1st day of sales

I never wait in lines..........normally come back later

but for this i had to get mates tix, and mates of mates tix, and family members etc with my Footy Ref number

If i had known had good it was, when waiting in line........I would have walked down a street in bagdhad, Kabul or whever with "Islam sux balls" written all over me, to get the tickets again

I wish the world cup was more accessible for us aussies...i'd do that instead of the carribeen cricket world cup (which i am doing)

I bought a camera, with camcorder abilities but the BLOODY BATTERIES DIED, or I mistakenly didnt charge enough.........PUB DUTIES CALLED ALL AFTERNOON

Yeah Wally - you have a good shot at getting grouped with England. Although I wouldn't be too happy about it if I were you. England always underperform during friendlies but come good during tournaments.

And I seriously doubt that you'd be able to beat them again.

Australians are pretty confident that they are going to do well in the cup and they have the potential to cause a couple of upsets but I think that they suffer from a lack of depth and if they get a couple of injuries to key players then they will struggle.

A recent poll on SBS' The World Game had just over 20% of people thinking that Australia would win the cup. No chance of that happening - the only country that has won a world cup outside of their confederation is Brazil.

I am hoping that Liverpool play Harry Kewell to death for the remainder of the season so when he joins the Australian squad he is crippled. Serves him right for being so crap for Liverpool.

Latest posts