• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian Tri Nations Squad

W

Wally

Backs: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Luke Burgess, Quade Cooper, Ryan Cross, Will Genia, Matt Giteau, Peter Hynes, Drew Mitchell, Stirling Mortlock (capt), James O'Connor, Timana Tahu, Lachie Turner.

Forwards: Ben Alexander, Al Baxter, Richard Brown, Pek Cowan, Rocky Elsom, Matt Hodgson, James Horwill, Peter Kimlin, Stephen Moore, Dean Mumm, Wycliff Palu, David Pocock, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Nathan Sharpe, George Smith, Phil Waugh.

_/_/_/

Happy to seen Genia come into the squad. I think we are a bit stretched at blindside flanker with Elsom still injured. Mumm and Kimlin are okay but they don't have much of an edge at this stage. I think Richard Brown should stay at no. 8 instead of rushing Palu back in at that position.

This is my team:

Benn Robinson
Stephen Moore
Al Baxter
Nathan Sharpe
James Horwill
Dean Mumm
George Smith
Richard Brown

Luke Burgess
Drew Mitchell
Matt Giteau
Berrick Barnes
Stirling Mortlock
Lachie Turner
Adam Ashley-Cooper

Ben Alexander
Tatafu Palatu-Nau
David Pocock
Wycliff Palu
Will Genia
Ryan Cross
James O'Connor

Too many openside flankers, not enough tight-head props...

Also, I don't see any reason why Valentine deserved to get the boot... especially when Cooper and Tahu are just there making up the numbers...

Good to see Genia get chosen, he would've been picked ahead of Valentine if he wasn't injured for the Italy and France tests Fushitsha. Appaling that Tahu and Cooper get in there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jul 2 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Also, I don't see any reason why Valentine deserved to get the boot... especially when Cooper and Tahu are just there making up the numbers...[/b]
Because Cooper and Tahu have potential, while Genia is a better halfback..

Valentine gets in on his Force form, then gets kicked out of the team whence he signs with the Tahs. Brilliant!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Jul 2 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Valentine gets in on his Force form, then gets kicked out of the team whence he signs with the Tahs. Brilliant![/b]

He signed with the Brumbies...

He's basically had next to no game time since the Barbarians, and he was arguably better than Burgess when he came on... however, Burgess' form over the past few games isn't going to see him getting dropped anytime soon...

I think there are a few guys in that squad who are just filling up the numbers that could've gone instead...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jul 2 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jul 2 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, I don't see any reason why Valentine deserved to get the boot... especially when Cooper and Tahu are just there making up the numbers...[/b]
Because Cooper and Tahu have potential, while Genia is a better halfback..
[/b][/quote]

Cooper has the potential to miss every tackle... and Tahu has the potential to play club rugby every week as he's 4th in line for a centre position... :lol:

If Burgess or Genia go down (I'm surprised Genia is fit to play already?!) then he's only going to be inserted straight back into the squad... so what the hell, I also believe that Genia is a better halfback...

When Digby Ioane comes back from injury, I am sure Robbie Deans will drop Tahu from the squad and put him in. Becuase Tahu is awful and Ioane before injury was playing amazing in the centre and on the wing for the reds.

Deans will drop half the team for Ioane, Genia is the best quality halfback in Australia right now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 2 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Deans will drop half the team for Ioane, Genia is the best quality halfback in Australia right now.[/b]

Haha yeh i remember watchin ioane's when he scored a try on his debut and tuqiri was injured watching in the crowd. I was thinking drop tuqiri for this guy. then i never saw him play for the wallabies again until robbie deans came along and sorted things out.

no intended offense to any "Lottie" Lovers out there btw

Latest posts