• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 - Round 3

If you're watching the Bath game, Olyy.... does the guy not sound even a bit Partridge-y to you?

If you're watching the Bath game, Olyy.... does the guy not sound even a bit Partridge-y to you?

I think most of the non-televised game commentators sound pretty corny tbf, but it doesn't really impact me.

Quality of defence on show in this is pretty poor.
Roko had no right to score his try, and the Bath defence for Worcesters last try was poor (especially watson)

Roko had no right to score his try, and the Bath defence for Worcesters last try was poor (especially watson)

I'd agree, but didn't that guy do the same thing (massive hand off) to several Sarries players in Rd 1?

I watched the Chiefs game as that was shown here (only listed very late, so I almost missed it). I loved the first 30 minutes or so, but after that, it became quite boring due to the many breaks and Exeter's dominance. How come they're that good these days anyway?

I think offside but then again I thought for the Roko effort he was tackled early so balances out.

I thought Banas marginal off-side, Bowden clearly and involved; agreed on the early tackle on Roko, about as early as Banas was off-side.

First 5 min, everything was going our way except the score board, we then seemed to assume it was job done, and switched off for 30 minutes. we woke up just before half time, and got properly interested after a rollicking in the dressing room.

Do the prem have a rule where if you go 50pts up its a walkover?
They should

Isn't this largely the same side they had last season though?
Bristol had the ability *coughMoneycough* to build a prem standard squad in the championship, it's not like London Welsh when they first came up and they had to buy like 30 players in two months

Isn't this largely the same side they had last season though?
Bristol had the ability *coughMoneycough* to build a prem standard squad in the championship, it's not like London Welsh when they first came up and they had to buy like 30 players in two months

No offence to the championship but how many prem standard players would sign for a club that might not get promoted and thus be playing in the championship next season even for the wonga? and how much more would they want for that risk?

(Bristols record doesn't help).

Bristol have signed plenty in the past couple of seasons - look at Jack Lam. Could walk into most sides in Europe.
Cliff, Jones, Henson, Maule, Lemi, Varndell - all prem quality

They got very very lucky that Lam decided to stay.

Lemi is different he has history with Bristol.
Henson when was the last time he was relevant? Injury prone and had off field issues.
Varndell tried to get out but didn't have a clause from what i gather.
Cliff wasn't AP quality when he signed i mean in his 100 caps for started what 20?
Maule IMO a AP squad player.
Jones = Age

Age? Jones is 29

I'm not arguing whether or not prem players wanna play in the championship, it's obvious that they wouldn't if there's other options, all I'm saying is bristol had way more high quality players on their books in the prem than their rivals so their transition, over the summer, would have been much easier.

Surprised at how quick Tate the elder was then! Though hammersley would gas him easy

Latest posts